Post-battle souls reward reduced in various modes

Platform, device version and operating system:
Android OS 9, Huawei Mate 10

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:
For months, with 120/120 souls gained at the end of the battle, I used to be able to get 450+ souls per battle in post battle rewards screen. Right now using the exact same team 120/120 souls gained, the post battle souls rewards are only 300+. This happens to all my battle did in Adventure Boards / Daily Dungeon / Story Mode (Those I played daily & frequently with my souls farming team, not sure about other modes)

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
Begin happening today, or at least it’s today when I started noticing.

Steps to make it happen again
Playing in any Adventure Board / Daily Dungeon / Story Mode battles

What’s your soul bonus based on armor, pets, etc? Can be found on your hero profile.

Yup. Having the same issue. Noticed it today (xbox one). Nothing on my team has changed. Same team, boosts and bonuses. Before, on any mode I got 452 souls with a 120 soul capacity. Now I’m getting 302. What gives?

If I had to guess, you were getting extra resources from the Warlord IV difficulty you might have had set in casual pvp, which made rewards in explore go higher than intended.
When this was addressed and rectified, gold and souls per battle were reduced to the intended value, which is the new number you are seeing now

That was my guess as well, but players are reporting they were seeing increased souls in other game modes (e.g. adventure board) and/or their difficulty was set to normal.

I still feel the two are linked, since they did fix the bonus souls from difficulty level in explore a day or two ago.