Please modify converters to treat lycanthropy gems as purple

Converters that convert purple gems currently leave lycanthropy gems on the board. I haven’t checked them all, but have confirmed this using Moonsinger.

Given that lycanthropy gems are regarded as purple for matching, it would be more intuitive for them to be treated as purple for conversion too.

Players also need ways to counter lycanthropy gems, which (as discussed elsewhere) are an unwelcome match whether matched by the player or the “AI”.

[Edit: I regard this as a bug, but since I have never seen a statement of the intended behaviour I posted this as a Feature Request. A Bug Report for the same issue now exists: [Not a Bug] Purple converters not converting lycanthropy gems]

24 Likes

I agree players need a way to counter those gems. And even Aborath, which remove all gems, trigger the Lycanthropie effect, even if the definition of remove is, and I quote:

Gems are removed from the board, with NO effect (no damage dealt or mana gained).

That capital NO is giving the impression it should work on Lycanthropie gems too.

And being able to convert, remove, destory or explode a Lycanthropie gems with purple would be nice and would be intuitive too, just like Carnex can explode Doomskulls when his spell talks about exploding 10 skulls.

19 Likes

Isn’t this a bug? I would expect converters who change purple would affect lycanthopy gems. If they convert purple to something else, that should include lycanthopy. If they convert something to purple, then that should include a chance to include lycanthopy the new gems are only purple.

Edit: updated thanks to @awryan.

Just tested some skull converters.

Finley converts skulls to a specified color. The converted gems includes doomskulls.

Keeper of Souls converts a specified color to skulls. The skulls excludes doomskulls.

So, to be consistent, any converter who changes purple to something else, should also change Lycnathropy gems to something else. But a converter changing to purple gems should exclude lycanthopy gems.

2 Likes

Lycanthropy Gems are not purple gems. So unless they plan to have skull converters also be able to convert Doom skulls and Uber skulls then it shouldn’t change.

However, if this…

Is correct…then it’s a bug. Or once again the Lycanthropy idea is working against the fundamentals of the game.

Devs, in the future, please require the contracted out studio to have actual knowledge of Gems of War. I can’t see any of your long time programmers being this ignorant. So Lycanthropy was definitely made by an outside company in my opinion. Fubar gems seems like a more apt name for them.

5 Likes

Quoted for truth! This to me IS a bug, as Snooj says. And before this get’s labelled “Not a Bug” simply because this is the design-oversight species of bug as opposed to the game-crashes or code-doesn’t-function kind of bugs, let me reemphasize and point out plainly:

this is notWorking as Intended” if, when gems are removed, there is supposed to be NO effect.

9 Likes

Ah, good point. Thanks! Updated my comment to include this:

Just tested some skull converters.

Finley converts skulls to a specified color. The converted gems includes doomskulls.

Keeper of Souls converts a specified color to skulls. The skulls excludes doomskulls.

So, to be consistent, any converter who changes purple to something else, should also change Lycnathropy gems to something else. But a converter changing to purple gems should exclude lycanthopy gems

6 Likes

Best to put this into a separate topic. I agree that Abhorath’s behaviour is a bug. My original post could be dismissed as “working as intended”, so other issues we find merit their own threads.

[edit: @Snooj has created a Bug Report for removing gems casting lycanthropy, thank you, Snooj: [Investigating] Removing Lycanthropy gems cast lycanthropy]

I’ll likely create another post about Astral Spirit (can select a lycanthropy gem, but it remains and purple gems get removed).

7 Likes

+1

When looking for a 4 match with a convert spell ready to go, it’s very difficult to ignore the purple lycantrophy gems. It would make things much easier if “convert purple” would convert lycantrophy gems as well.

4 Likes

I think you’re missing one point. Doomskull are not Uberdoomskull.
Doomskull were present before the introduction of heroic gems. Uberdoomskull are a kind of heroic gems (at least as I have understand the concept).
So, to be sure on skull converter, we should test whether uberdoomskull are being converted by Finley.
I don’t know if they are disabled in the current campaign, didn’t see one of them this week

Just a precisation, as I think as well as you that heroic gems should be converted as per respective color

1 Like

@moderators A bug report has now been raised for this issue. See [Not a Bug] Purple converters not converting lycanthropy gems.

I am happy for this topic to be closed and any further discussion can take place in the bug report thread.

1 Like