Please help explain Guild War Defense (No Attacking)

This is what happened with the last GW. I did not participate in the attacking but I set up 6 defense teams with all unique troops for the 12,000 points. However, my Results showed a dash for each day instead of points and my total points was 0. Other than setting up the defense teams, is there something else I needed to do to earn the 2k points each day? Do I start a fight and retreat, 5 times? Please explain how I can ensure to receive the 12k points. Thank you.

2 Likes

You don’t get credit for using the unique defenders unless you fight at least one battle each day. I’ve never skipped or retreated, so, I copied from the post below. :slight_smile:

However, at least on Red Day, if you have no desire to at least try to win, you could at least run four Fire Bombs and blow themselves up real quick. Get your guild a few extra points in defeat. gl hf

Typically the battles go so fast in defeat (unless the goblins just feel like looping for 20 casts), that why not get 5 losses?

From observation, the first battle of the day gives you points in the 3,xxx (three thousand plus) range. This is due to 2,000 for setting a defense with 4x right colours, and then 1,xxx for the win. If it were a loss, the points earned in the first battle for the day would be 2,xxx.

If you merely start and retreat, I don’t believe you get to see the point summary screen, which appears to be the trigger to award the 2,000 defense points. You actually have to win/lose to get to the screen.

3 Likes

If you don’t want to fight but still want your defense bonus points, you can hit the skip button to get your bonus points without fighting. A skipped day will display 0/0 in the Guild Wars roster. Keep in mind though that you can only skip unfinished battles from previous days, so Tuesday’s battles cannot be skipped until Wednesday. Wednesday’s battles can be skipped on Thursday, and so on. The only day that is not skippable is Sunday, so you will need to do at least one battle (win or lose) to get your bonus points that day.

4 Likes

Hijacking thread to ask a related question: if someone doesnt play at all on Tues, then does a fight Wed, do they get 2,000 or 4,000 defense points?

Was just wondering yesterday is weekend players can get their 12k defense points or not

2 Likes

I have battled late before, but never received more than 3,xxx points in a single battle summary.
You get the 2,000 points related to the day you are battling for, e.g. Friday doing Wednesday battle #1.
When you finish Wednesday’s set (or skip), you move on to Thursday, and get that 2,000.

3 Likes

Just chipping in to say I believe I’ve heard anecdotally that you do receive a flat 2000 pts if you retreat from the first battle, seen if you then go to the Results page.

1 Like

I’m sure you just misspoke, but right color doesn’t apply to defense, only offense. The only thing that matters for defense is 24 unique troops. Different weapons for Hero count as unique troops.

4 Likes

Wow, I guess mis-stating facts and mis-spelling is common to everyone, not just people in the game business :laughing:
Good catch!

2 Likes

Well, lookie here! Thank you … again! :smiley:

1 Like

Skipping battles, in GW. shaking chunky’s head

We had a player, last GW, go 2/0 on Green Day and 2/2 the next. He was 2/0, why’d he skip? And if he had time to skip those battles, why not login that Sunday and skip the rest of the week?

We finished that War 5k points behind 3rd place and 12k points behind 2nd. And he found himself another guild. Allegedly.

Real Life gets in the way sometimes. It’s been a while since I watched Platoon (it was on S a tur day Night), so I might be mistaken, but I’m pretty sure Sgt Barnes told Taylor you don’t skip no battles during no Gaard/Mang Guild Wars.

Chunky’s Raiders, where the fun is Mandatory. :axe::rage::shield:

I guess next month I gotta include a section on “skipping”. It ruins the flow. Just use 4 fire bombs…

1 Like