Pity Timer in the game

I understood what you said, i dont understood why this never happen. However you agree in my request? Pity Timer and Soul Forge is two things different in the game. However my hero also have 1300 level, i also is a end gamer, you need to know this.

What request? That we need a Pitty Timer? No, sorry, I am more than happy with the Soulforge. Also I know Pitty Timer will never come, so I don’t even give it a thought.

1 Like

The ability to craft a specific troop with 100% success does not exist in every game.

You have two choices in GoW:

1. Grind resources and get the troop you want eventually
  2. Grind resources for a chance at getting the troop now

These are two clear and reasonable choices. If you cannot be patient, you are subject to take a gamble. In Las Vegas we have a whole city built on that.

2 Likes

you are happy of Soul Forge, i am also 1300 level, i play over two years, you need to know. But the new players is so happy like you?

It is not, both guarantees you (in the end) to find a troop.

1 Like

If percentage is less than 95% the troop is guaranteed, is percentage is more, into chests i have some doubt. To much time and resources for find mythical troops in the chests then, i think.

Not sure what this have anything to do with anything? I was also a new player 3 years ago. There was not even a Soulforge back then when I started out. Would be really happy if there was one tho. :smiley:

And the Soul Forge is a good thing indeed. Like Pity Timer in the chests: if this is over 95% of percentage i think this do not umbalance the game in no way. I hope if GoW have Pity Timer in that circumstances.

I totally agree. We are pretty lucky to have Soulforge in this game.

1 Like

And i am happy also with Pity Timer with 95% of percentage of opened chests i also tell you. This dont change much in the game and is a bit help for the players, mostly for the new players.

What you are asking for and “a pity timer” are two different things. A pity timer doesn’t suit how we do chests in this game, though it might work for Vault Keys.

In GoW, cracking a ridiculous amount of keys is not unheard of. I’ve got more than 3,000 gold keys and a couple thousand glory keys hanging around. It’s really easy to have enough gem/event/glory keys to hit 95%.

So if we were to imagine the devs agreeing to implement a pity timer, I feel like it’d come with a dramatic rate reduction. If it takes 10,000 gem keys now, they might bargain it should take 40,000 then.

They don’t want to implement a pity timer. I agree with you it is nice. I would love a pity timer. But it’s been brought up numerous times and the Devs insist they haven’t and won’t ever implement one.

In a way, Soulforge is the pity timer. If you are diligent, you will get one mythic at least every 9 weeks. If you pay gems or money, you get one faster. If you are lucky, you get the mythic via keys earlier instead. Players had to fight hard to get the Soulforge implemented slightly before my time. It took 2 years. After that, it took 6 months to get it to follow a rotation instead of being random. I don’t imagine getting many more assists on that end will happen!

That said, feel free to discuss it. I just want to make sure you understand 95% is not a certainty. Ever.

1 Like

I think we must insist with the devs on this. However the 95% is not certainy, right, but is something very near the certainy. Is so near the certainy who statistics compare it to certainty. For this reason seem me right the Pity Timer or whatever like Pity Timer over this percentage. Over this percentage, keys, resources and time spent for open the treasure chests become too many also for a mythical troop.

Because new players will have the resources to open 20,000 Gem and Glory chests? I’m okay with you wanting free stuff, but don’t play it off like you are helping new players.

2 Likes

However the 95% is not certainy, right, but is something very near the certainy. Is so near the certainy who statistics compare it to certainty.

No statistician worth his salt would compare 95% to a “certainty.”

Is not free a mythical troop after over more than 15000 treasure chests opened. So i want Pity Timer in this circumstance.

I don’t really agree with this.

At the current rate of key income, an endgame player in a competitive guild ends up with enough keys to have about a 75% chance of obtaining a mythic, and a very high probability of getting the legendary of the month. This lines up with both my experience and what I tend to see in the mythic threads: people spend very predictable amounts of keys and often muse, “It seems like about 1 in 4 mythics just isn’t obtainable for me.” Like I said: 75% chance.

I do feel for the plight of players who get less, but we have to talk thresholds. How many keys do you think should guarantee a mythic drop? Given that: how long do you think it should take a “competitive” player to get that many vs. a “new” player? Given that: how long will it take a player to obtain every mythic and legendary in the game? Can they reach a point where there is never any chance associated?

That would be a problem. The game is set up right now so even the hardest of hardcore players isn’t 100% certain of obtaining “every mythic”. I think any new system would have to preserve this. It’s why I’m kind of stubborn. We already have a pity timer in the form of Soulforge, so implementing a new pity timer probably requires losing something else.

Where I think we disagree is you probably think it’s OK if players can obtain every troop within some period such as a year. I think it’s important that it takes longer, and seems possible but difficult. It’s OK to have this disagreement though, and I promise I’ll stop writing essays here so long as you don’t have a direct question :wink:

3 Likes

I found this months Mythic, but missed the 3 before it. I am sure I opened up 15000+ chests as well. Even though I didn’t get the Mythic, I was still able to ascend a number of troops, and I picked up a lot of glory, gold and souls along the way. I never expect to get a Mythic troop; if I get it, that is fantastic and I am always super excited, but if I don’t, I don’t.

I don’t think ANY amount of keys should guarantee a Mythic drop personally.

1 Like

Time ago i was i was in this chance. Now is over than two months and over 15000 chests opened, i am no so sure the percentage is 75%. And also in that way is no so bad also for end players in a strong guild to have Pity Timer in that circumstances, when the mythical troops have to find in the chests with a 95% or more percentage of opened chests.

And why not? Want you play with a risk to play everytime and spend every resource without find any mythic? Sorry, but i dont understand you.

I think it’s what keeps the game exciting. If I was handed every Mythic every time it would ruin the whole allure of the game for me.

On top of that, technically we already have a pity timer. It is called the Soul Forge. If you don’t nab a Mythic, eventually you’ll be able to craft it. I remember back in the day when the Soul Forge didn’t exist…it was def a lot tougher to obtain Mythic’s then.

1 Like