PAX gossip (maybe some stuff about 1.0.8)

Thank you for your work then, I can’t wait to see all the new stuff :kissing_smiling_eyes:

Soon, in the uniquely Gems Of War sense, meaning faster than continental drift? :smiley:

Wonder how that will interact with leveling up. For example, say i spend souls to level up a common troop to lvl 10, then combine 6 of them to make it a mystic troop. Will it start back at lvl 1? Will it still be 10?

Also, that would mean there is reason to have more than 4 for now, so disenchant threshold should be raised.

Troop level can never go down. If you have five common level 11 goblins, and fuse one, you’ll have four rare level 11 goblins. And so on. Probably…

Most likely, though it would be… “interesting” if this feature took a page out of other card-battle-phone-games books and required you to have the troop at level 15 before fusing, just for it to restart at level 1. Repeat 'til soul storage is dead.

Not being negative, just saying that if this was any other phone or facebook game, this wouldn’t be an uncommon feature to forcibly increase longevity and usher in more dough. The GoW staff aren’t so cruel so we likely have nothing to be concerned about. :relieved:

My understanding from what Sirrian said is that it will take merging multiple copies of each troop to increase to the next rarity. So getting from Common to Mystic might require 10 or 20 or 30 copies used up.

I got no impression that soul level would reset on merging, so I’d expect troops to stay Level 15 (or whatever level they’re at) before and after rarity increase.

I could have the wrong idea and this early 1.0.8 build could be revised - presumably nothing is set in stone yet, but disenchanting seems increasingly less of a good idea for now.

So… For those of us with nothing else to level, our growing Soul pool remains to be absolutely useless after merging?

I didn’t see anything new to spend Souls on (but I only had a few minutes with 1.0.8 and Sirrian).

As a complete guess, I could think of a few ways the devs could implement to spend souls on, like as a crafting ingredient for passive abilities or as a currency to buy keys with.

I’m excited to wait and see what they finally come up with in 1.0.8.

1 Like

While I was at pax I opened 10 or so chests in the new patch (stand alone system) and I got some minor and some major runestones (?) I can’t remember their exact name now. So long ago.

But as I understood it, souls were perhaps usable in levelling up these stones.

a) I could be wrong, it was so long ago
b) things could have changed, it was so long ago

Sorry for the double post.
Also interesting of note was that the chest interface felt very alien and different.
The best part about it was that you could open multiple keys in a single instance. You selected how many keys to open, and the results just came in rather than having to move each key across one at a time.

Also, their Giants versus Undead event was actually fun. It was like Arena, but you had the chance to grab legendary troops, and be super OP.

I spoke with quite a few staff about a great number of things, it was very enlightening.
I went back about three times because every time I left, I remembered more things I wanted to know about.

2 Likes

So pax is coming again this year. Any gossip about future updates?