PAX gossip (maybe some stuff about 1.0.8)

I’d like to know that as well actually. Well they did have a kickass booth at PAX and there were loads of people around whenever I was looking, so there will definitely be some kind of increase.

You guys went to pax and didn’t took a picture with sexy @CrowdedWorlds ???

[quote=“Machiknight, post:16, topic:1145, full:true”]The 3 unlockable passives for each unit sounds really cool, I wonder how it will be implemented, it would be interesting to see if each unit could only unlocked one that would add quite a bit of variety to eat peoples units and would be pretty interesting.
[/quote]

That would be really cool, actually. The idea of upgrading troops is already fascinating, but the thought that someone’s goblin could be different from someone else’s goblin is really cool! The way it’s described seems like they’re just unlockables though, so once you get all three upgrades that’s it.

Maybe they could be standard upgrades that you could choose to give to any troop? As in, you get a list of upgrades and you have to figure out where you want to apply them, like matching 1-5 with A-E. That would also give a huge variety of troop options.

But anyway that is all just speculation. And I only just got used to the newest changes!

My understanding is that it works in much the same way as Pokemon passive abilities (Gen III onwards). Here meaning: each troop has a specific set of abilities they can access, troops can have some of the same abilities, and some are specific to that troop. The difference is that the troops are going to get up to three at a time (I think), compared to Pokemon only having one at a time.

If this were accurate, it would be massively easier to get a Mythic troop out of a Common compared to promoting a Legendary.

You can see the “castle” on their twitter page:

I found picture of @Sirrian:
And @CrowdedWorlds:
But I don’t know what’s @Nimhain real name is… So I don’t know what he looks like… :cry:

Oh, the booth looks really nice! And I want that huge Tyri poster now. :stuck_out_tongue:

I wonder what is the dragon?!?
Is it a unit we already know, one to come, or just a prop?

The outside of the castle was even better but I couldn’t find a picture of that. Should have taken one :shrug:

I can tell you Nimhain is not a he. :stuck_out_tongue:

It was great to meet several players at PAX, unfortunately I didn’t have time to chat a lot as the booth was rarely quiet so we need as many people as possible running the demos.

We have a update planned for the future that hopefully will be focused on guilds. NO ETA on it yet as we want to make sure the design is solid before we start trying to add anything.

While I don’t know the exact numbers, I saw a lot of people who started downloading the game once they finished the demo. Several people would come back bringing their friends to try it out, or just the play a second time. (We had 1 kid come back 5 times to play and he was really good at it).

That would be the receptionist from the Office.

:wink:

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback @Nimhaim! Wished I’d been there to meet you guys!

@Nimhain & @CrowdedWorlds, did you see an increase in the number of players?

This is not a complete list of players, but it might be worth checking out. It is a list of GOW players on Steam from the beginning of the game there:

Just throwing out my ideas on Titles.
It just seems to me that Mythic doesn’t really sounds all that impressive as a Tier above Legendary. I guess it’s because the word looks too much like Mystic to me?

Perhaps Mythos would be a better allegory? At least it does a better job of implying ancient mythology in my eyes…

Except mythic is an adjective, like legendary, common, rare etc., while mythos is a noun. I think Mythic is really good myself for something you can’t get in chests, only by combining Legendaries.

1 Like

Well, yea, I know they’re adjectives. But many of us in GoW use them like nouns. As you can see, you did it yourself. So I don’t see the need to be such a stickler on grammar in this case.

Fair enough. I do see the need though, and my comment disagreeing with you is aimed at supporting the devs’ chosen wording. :smile:

Mythic or Fabled tend to be the next level up from Legendary in most MMOs now days :stuck_out_tongue:

I have edited my original post to add a further recollection from the weekend:

On update to 1.0.8, the devs’ intention (at this stage) as reported to me is that current iron keys will convert to “glory keys” or whatever the second level of chests is eventually called.

Whether that means you should save up keys, or use them up now, I have no idea.

Hello, is there an approximate release date for this new update? any month to know how long we will wait for?

I love these news about craft anf troop fusions :relieved:

I believe the correct response is ‘soon’. Except in cases, like now, where the last patch was pretty much just released, in which case… not as soon. Wouldn’t be surprised if we get it by the end of the year though.