Patch 1.0.9 Preview Part 2

Wow… After i read the preview i was stoked about the treasure map changes. I do a couple of them every day even now and dont feel like they are worthless at all.
Now i read that a lot of people are disappointed? In my eyes getting a bunch of traitstones is huge. Yes, maybe they can be farmed faster in challenges (can they? Definitely if you need something specific, but in general?) but you still get some nice bonus rewards. I play quite a bit but am still happy about free glory and gems (Assuming you dont have to buy the maps but have a few 100 in your pocket. Also assuming singular gems and keys are ‘somehow’ affected by the +20% rewards).

1 Like

Because we like it that way. I am not in favor of being forced to a difficulty level I don’t enjoy.

1 Like

I am with @RiverSong and @Macawi on the combo breaker thing. I play this game for fun and in the days when the combo breaker was auto off it was one of the biggest frustrations for me. Giving players the option to compete with the AI (combo frustration and all if thats what they are in to) was the perfect solution. As another post said - why cant GoW just be FUN?
I think many newer players who have not been exposed to the breaker being off will not continue to enjoy this game as much.
Sirrian - “Now as you progress in rank from 15 to 1, …the AI Combo Breaker will gradually turn off, to make the games fair (and a little harder)”
Fairer for who ? Why do they have to be harder?
If this turns out to be even 30% not fun any more Im out of here…

7 Likes

How “easy” is equal to fun?

1 Like

Everyone defines fun differently. While you enjoy a challenging match I like the slower pace and thus easier matches.

1 Like

Argh. Well, Razer Blackwidow macros to the rescue then…

Fun is subjective.

2 Likes

@Serale
Fun does not equate to the frustrations of combos dropping in from nowhere, and the continual tension you feel not knowing when the AI will drop said bombshell on you and wipe you out even though you have been playing a good solid tactical (winning) game to that point.
The AI does it just because it can.
Just to wind me up.
Not my idea of a fun game - and it caused a lot if strife and comment on the old forum until it was changed - before your time Serale !

3 Likes

Your defense team is already insane…

I’m all for a challenge, but there is no skill when the deck is stacked against you.

Oh no, not before my time, I do remember all the whinning kids saying the AI was cheating and how the outcry lead to what we now know as “combo breaker” the game is easy enough already with the AI being so dumb… The combo breaker only helps to spice the things a little bit.

1 Like

Since the difficult setting was introduced I played on hard. It felt fair to have same drop chance for both me and my opponent. And in return I even got some sweet multipliers which was very nice. Combo breaker won’t lose you any games, that’s for sure, I don’t understand what’s the problem about? Al is bad enough with his plays, it doesn’t need to be further weakened with combo breaker.

I understand and respect your point of view about it. Some people like the challenge of playing on a harder difficulty setting, making games ultra-competitive. But for others we like the relaxed feel of the combo breaker being on. I myself play the game at the current difficulty setting of ‘Normal’ because I like making my moves without the fear of continued cascades of combos falling one after another in the AI’s favor.

3 Likes

To add to this, with the combo breaker off sometimes it feels that a loss happens just…because. I can respect a loss if it’s well-fought against a unique team and I at least had a fighting chance. If it’s a loss because of a 12 turn chain that came out of nowhere, that’s just s bit too RNG for my liking.

How about this? Instead of having a combo breaker off feature creating ridiculously long chains for the AI about about having the same AI combo breaker on Normal difficulty also apply to us? That way neither party can get the super long chains that come out of nowhere. To me it would be more fun and less aggravating. You won’t get surprised by a long AI chain but you won’t get them yourself for the “easy” win. Seems better in my opinion.

4 Likes

Soooo your saying dont start playing Deck Heroes…

Trust me, you won’t even notice the difference :slight_smile:

Mass disenchant always had issues. Don’t you remember how many people opened up tickets because MD went off on it’s own?

Yes, its annoying to disenchant by hand, but it’s not game breaking.

I’d like to see it back some day, but it’s not a feature that I miss.

What if not implementing mass disenchant was done for a reason…like you will want your cards for some reason soon…?

1 Like

Don’t worry, you’ll never need more than 4 of any card. :smile_cat:

4 Likes

Hello? We had mass disenchant during 1.0.7… After we are done leveling the troops we can save them for future rarity tiers. If theres actually going to be one.

Can we have his name? I’d like to bribe him or coerce him…
Mostly to have him change the drop rate of Arcane Traitstone.

3 Likes