Orb of Power drop from Greater Orb of Chaos

Probably not but the same counts for troops in the end, don’t you think? Before orbs came out we still spent gems to open chests. Or at least i did. Now you just need one copy of the Legendary and an orb.

You just self-answered your own question. If a single ascension orb is with 5 legendary troops, that’s far, far more valuable than a single level on a pet. That would be a horrific waste of a valuable resource.

Correct. Plus, everyone gets one major growth orb for free every time any event with a shop runs. It would trivialize pet purchasing. If 20 levels on a pet = ~3000 gems, then that would value major growth orbs at 150 gems each. And many players get multiples of those every week…

And this is really the heart of the matter.

Any change that is going to potentially negatively impact a significant financial cash flow for the game (ex: purchasing gems) is an automatic non-starter. Even if the devs wanted to do this for the playerbase, the publisher would shoot the proposal down in a blink of an eye and never authorize it for implementation.

For the Ascension orb on a pet i meant it would upgrade its rarity. So in best case 15 copies of a pet. Sounds like a very valuable choice i guess.

I also understand that early-mid game players would prefer to ascend a legendary instead. But for us end-gamers, we’re sitting here on hundreds of useless orbs now. So we could give them a purpose like that.

I mean, 2 pet levels for a Major growth orb and 1 level for 10 minors sounds fine, no? Better than nothing.

But i get the general picture too of course. They want a virtual wall of gems (money) in front of some aspects and pets are one of them.

I also kind of think that they will loosen the pet block one day with A similar system like the orbs and move the gem wall to (book of) deeds. That’s actually what happened in the past: gem wall moved from troops to pets by introducing them two months after the orbs were introduced.

For sure, book of deeds is def going to be the new sink of some sort. Deeds are rare enough, let along needing 100 of them just for level 16.

It is certainly possible, but I am personally highly skeptical about that happening with the release of kingdom Power levels up to 30 and the doubling down on pets in the legendary and mythic kingdom stars. To release an chaos orb-like system for upgrading pets would trivialize the upper star pet requirement.

In my opinion, the wall is already there. For end-gamers, that’s what the Daily Deal shop exists for, which is to randomly offer miniscule fragments of resources at exorbitant gem prices for advance over the minimum set rate by the devs (the F2P rate). With most events no longer requiring buyouts of shops to mythic a new troop weekly, many end-gamers are generating significant weekly gem surpluses. That provides flexibility to pursue going “all-in” on faction events, pets, and so on. It also encourages players to spend those resources in the Daily Deals shop, despite the very high prices there.

For now, the pressure to spend in the Daily Deals shop is still fairly low for end-gamers, as the truly valuable resources are very rare spawns on the shop, and even colored deeds are rather uncommon. That said, I would be wary to be on the look out for increased pressure to start spending the shop more frequently to keep up with the meta to be ratcheted up in future updates for end-gamers.

Books of Deeds aren’t really a sink, but more of the next manifestation of the way the devs are going to strictly control power creep going forward, just like with Imperial Deeds. However, don’t expect Imperial Deeds to become more common in the future, either.

The 50 deeds → 1 book conversion rate is a bit of a red herring. The devs want players to be chasing the new books from the campaigns. As individual deeds stop becoming relevant at kingdom level 15, there will be eventually no direct use for them anymore for end-gamers. Yet, for younger accounts, deeds will continue to be released in the Adventure Board. The 50 to 1 ratio gives some marginal use for deeds for endgamers to craft an additional book very rarely, especially if that player camps the Daily Deal shop for additional colored deeds. That would be a mighty expensive endeavor though, but it’s there. I’d be curious to see how many players would actually pursue that path for an extra colored book every 4-6 months.

2 Likes

Hi :grinning:

1 Like

@Phantom999 thx for reviving a dead topic.

As for 5.3 patch (or maybe 5.2)?
Orbs of Power CAN drop from Grater Orbs of Chaos…