One of the best posts ever about GoW and it's on Reddit

You can compete in gw if you are in a guild /bracket similar to your own level.

1 Like

@Slypenslyde thanks for the original post and the follow response. i’ll just second the post above from Nephilim if you are in a guild that does Guild Wars by all means play you score around 5000 more points just trying and losing every match than the zero you get by not playing at all and your never to low to play (we had people start as low as the 40’s in our guild still have a couple newer members at 50’s and 60’s trying them. It doesn’t get hard until you get into the top brackets really).
Appreciate your constructive post and looking forward to any follow ups you may have as well after you’ve tried GW for a bit
Cheers
Calvin

@Calv1n I did give it a shot this week and had a much better experience. For some reason last week my very first match was vs. a fully-traited team including Famine and that is a miserable experience at my level. I don’t mind losing, but his team was very, very slow at killing mine off and I hate playing a losing game for 15 minutes.

This week I had a couple of 5/0 rounds and a 4/1 before I hit the team I had no chance of beating. I guess I assumed since the first matchup was so lopsided they’d all be that way.

Still, this comes back to incentives. I had an undefeated PvP record before I entered Guild Wars, and that was a source of pride. It’s guaranteed I’m not going to be able to sweep GW undefeated for a long time, so it hurts to think every weak I have to “take one for the team” and fight some losing battles.

I think so many mechanics are easier to balance if GW and PvP don’t share the same record. That makes it easier to make good incentives in PvP, where I think the bulk of frustrated players live, and that goodwill buys time to try harder rebalancing for GW.

1 Like