One of my favorite things in Arena

One of my favorite things in Arena is how it takes me back to when small stat increases mattered. When I’m playing outside of Arena, my troops have ~100 health and armor each. But inside Arena, they have a combined 15-20 life and armor.

That makes troops with boosts like this incredible:

My only wish is that traits could someday be a part of Arena as well. In fact, maybe an Arena where all troops start at 20, you pick a Legendary, Epic, Rare, and Ultra-Rare troop, and all traits are active. Now that would be AWESOME.

5 Likes

Considering that your picks are randomized it could take a very long time to complete each arena match and of course the balance of troops would change completely as things like x4 or x8 boosts in arena are very valuable because of the low stats. If you go up against a tanky troop and a summoner in a lvl 20 arena with a junk team it could take a very long time to complete just 1/6 battles.

One of the best things about the current arena is the fact that troops underused at high levels can really shine because the stats that normally make other troops pull ahead are not present. The low health and armor totals make board control very crucial as a cast from a dangerous troop or a couple skulls can demolish half your team or more. Troops like Envy or Volthrenax for instance can wipe you out quick if you do not handle them and keep them from getting mana.

2 Likes

Over the weekend I had a number of Arena runs go badly fast simply due to the AI getting lucky with board control (plus on Switch it’s still Campaign 6, so free Mana Potion Gems all around, aka. Extra turns for everybody!)

On one run I noticed Hellclaw Warrior has a dangerous Boost Ratio of (2x per Red AND Purple Gems) but fortunately Summer Knight is about equally dangerous in the lead so I was able to take it down with little trouble.

Best thing about arena is the fact that all status effects still mean something, burning, bleeding etc… I love using teams that cast status effects with continuous damage, because there it makes a huge difference.

5 Likes

That’s why Lucifria is kne of my favorite arena troops. Burning all enemies is so strong.

2 Likes

Again the whole reason status effects like burn hold so much power in arena is the low effective health totals. Burn means nothing at high levels other than being used to trigger the Fireblade talent but at low levels it is godly because that is a significant percentage of their health gone per turn. A unit burns for 4 or 5 turns its usually not doing so good lol. At level 20 you could burn it for 30 turns and it wouldn’t even make up one decent hit.

1 Like

The difference between level 15 and 20 isn’t that much to make burn obsolete…

1 Like

It’s not the raw levels that make so much difference – it’s the accrued Kingdom Levels/Power Bonus.

None of those bonuses are in Arena…

Precisely.

Understand why I’m confused by your comment now?

1 Like

Yeah sorry i was thinking of the total bonuses as well

1 Like