2 things wrong in arena

1-weekly buffs shouldn’t apply to arena troops.
it’s just plain stupid when you fight againts +50% buffed troop.
especially when you can loose battle and don’t get seals for clear run.

2- gem price for troop is too high.
you want player to pay 20$ for one rare troop?

4 Likes
  1. agree
  2. agree
1 Like

double agree!

1 Like

I looked at Arena once and bailed after one match.

1. weekly buff really doesn’t make that much difference;
  2. the price is 20 gems (not dollars) for three troops.

At least get your facts straight.

Also, if those troops are not level 15, then I believe they are raised to 15. Not sure because I don’t buy them. Mythics I would. Maybe Legendary, but not the others.

Runic Blade is more of a problem than weekly buffs. I happen to like the buffs. I play a lot of Arena and I really don’t have a problem with them. And no, I don’t always use Runic Blade. I use whatever does not conflict with my mana.

River.
Don’t know what you see after run, but I see 3 cards with price ~300-400 gems.
Arena is already very random.
And if you get double buffed mist stalker I don’t think you will loose any game

1 Like

Agreed with OP. The price is always a few hundred gems- never worth it. And I’d argue that the 25 and 50% buffs do make a difference. They can easily bring troops like the Lava Elemental into 1-hit territory, which is great if you want to reset constantly to get them, but irritating when you fight them and lose match 7 of 8. They don’t really add anything to the game mode.

1 Like

I don’t know what you see, either, obviously, but the price for me is always 20 gems. I remember Sirrian saying at one point that the cost of buying troops at the end of an arena run had been raised to reflect the cost of buying the souls to level them up. Since new troops come in at level 15 for me, maybe that’s the difference.

1 Like

If the 3 troops you used you have leveled to 15, they are 20 souls. If not all the gems over 20 is the cost of the souls it would take to level them to 15.

+25% on a troop would only mean +1 attack/magic +2-3 hp/shield. There is only the Sand Shark that would be +50% in arena this week.

Runic blade can be nice to use if you have troops to help it get the first kill. AI does not use runic blade well so you don’t often have to worry about it unless you take too long taking the hero out. Other weapons are faster to use more consistently.

No, +25% means +25%. When Elemental/Giant week was in full swing, Berserker had over 30 hp. There are plenty of troops with around 8 or more attack, which when boosted, pushes many things down into 2-hit territory. This is combined with the increased tankiness and occasionally better spell damage (if it scales) to make a not-insignificant boost.

Alternatively, if you argue that it doesn’t matter all that much, why have it? It only serves to reward people who reset until they can take advantage of the troops, which makes the rest of Arena more annoying since we have to fight them.

I see no benefit and very limited tactical depth that adding these bonuses to Arena grants.

1 Like

I believe you when you are saying they are being offered to you at that obscene price.

The game used to show them to me for 400+ gems but recently started showing them for only 20. I can only guess as to why.

I feel bad for anybody that ponied up real money to buy a card there, only to later realize they got completely ripped off since similar/identical cards drop for free at abundantly reasonable frequency.

1 Like

id prefer the price offering them without the levels. depening just on card rarity and the fact weather you have iit or not

the level scale price is silly and horrible in same time
and honestly i would prefer to receive a level 1. (but thats probably only me)