[Note a Bug] Maze Banner Bug

I feel like leaving some clarifying comments on here.

1. I posted the bug 2 years ago
  2. I did not ever get a direct answer from any CX team member
  3. The issue was raised with Salty at her Twitch live stream, where she dismissed this issue as intended - the original bug ticket has this linked within
  4. I myself was the one to close it off as “Not a bug”, again no direct interaction after quite a while; also it was released by then and live for quite some time

so please let’s do two things here: firstly don’t speak of “the devs”, as there was no dev officially marking this, and secondly give Salty the benefit of a doubt - looking at the stream she might just have not understood the issue in the first place.

Hope that sheds some light on the situation.

Cheers, Gary.

2 Likes

Which goes to show that we as posters should not mark threads in a way devs do. I was under the impression as well that a dev did that.

That still doesn’t answer the question of why the banner was left alone for such a long time, and why it was secretly fixed.

2 Likes

There have definitely been some misunderstandings in this situation. I think, as mentioned above, we as players probably shouldn’t mark things as “not a bug.” That being said, the Salty streams were always a bit confusing as to what was official word and what wasn’t.

I do wish they’d be more clear about bug fixes in patch notes.

1 Like

This! No need to temper with that.

But, as stated by others… doesn’t remotely explain around 2 years of radio silence about this raised topic and a dirty stealthy fix without any announcement (I wonder why that is ^^). #botched

We know from experience “the devs” can work fast on stuff… if they want to… or if they feel they could be losing out on some possible cash income.
So clearly this banner and its flaws “didn’t do it” for them.

I’m not a fan of eventually blaming “maybe Saltypatra at the time didn’t fully grasp the problem”. Why? If I, at my job don’t fully understand something, I can’t put possibly wrong infos out to my customers. If, and that’s a big if, she didn’t grasp the whole problem or it was wrongly explained or not well enough then she was just doing as bad of a job then as the currently active dev-roster is doing since then up until now, and possibly in the future as well if she just dismissed the concerns as “all good, worgin as intenderd, yesyes”. Still a possibility, you adapt to your coworkers… But since the stealthy fix now we didn’t get much of a statement on the topic, other then leaving us under the impression of being lied to on this topic for years.

1 Like

It happened in my other game. A new community manager gave out some wrong information. Don’t remember the specifics anymore but the company answer was like this:

Community Manager: I’m sorry for giving you guys the wrong information but to make up for that, we’re giving you the thing I said you’d get.
Devs: rapid coding

Community: :heart_eyes:

Over here it would be either that we get ignored or some gaslighting would happen how we got it all wrong.

Community: :rage:

And for some reason, IP2 seems to think that to make the community mad is preferable.

Not saying we don’t sometimes get nice things or good compensation but the overall feeling is that they’re giving us the middle finger more often than them trying to make us happy.

7 Likes

Utter radio silence is often THE worst possible answer to give, especially since (by definition) it is the default case in lieu of any other response.

And tags used for official purposes must be a separate field only accessible by relevant officials, almost by definition.

Discourse software HAS an actual tagging system (beyond just which forum you’re posting in). If they can configure it in a way that only mods can apply those tags to topics, that’s a future-proof fix.

Forums and bugtrackers are two separate things.

The term [Not a bug] is offensive to me, please ban it. :rofl:

3 Likes