So Labyrinth Banner Nerfed again?

Just notice that the Labyrinth banner is now only giving 2 green 1 red and -purple - so the wonder weeks of having give 3 red are done? What the hell is wrong with the devs? They only nerf good things. Oh - the Journey units loop (which is needed to complete Journey) - sorry, nerf that. Other units/weapons being used too effectively? Oh -we’ll nerf them.

But the game freezes when you use the Pharoah too much, we can;t PM guild members, stuck with only three medal configurations, and VPs based on level not team build - SUCK IT UP.

2 Likes

Someone reported it last week or else the devs would have never noticed it.

4 Likes

Yeah…they respond to a rat but not to legitimate concerns.

4 Likes

Changing a banner is something that the developers can do in a few seconds just by changing a few variables. It doesn’t require a new compilation of code, it doesn’t require QA testing by the various platforms prior to approval, it doesn’t require a lengthy patch, et cetera.

It’s fair to grumble about this seeming to be a higher priority for the bosses than the “legitimate concerns”, but it’s also the lowest of low-hanging fruit.

2 Likes

Can’t blame you for missing this actual reply from Kafka, so here it is:

That’s the good news, we now have a timeline for it getting fixed.

What’s “wrong” with the devs was that somebody on their end broke it to begin with, not that they fixed it within days instead of years. I bet one of the first standard steps they ran was a trace/blame on the banner assets file to figure out what got changed when. (Speaking of when, at what point did it get broken anyway?)

Honestly, if this had happened to any non-Maze banner I would have still reported it upon discovery anyway. I’m not against a major rework of banner Mana bonuses generally, but that’s the type of thing that CANNOT be rolled out in stages – it has to get done to all 80-ish banners simultaneously, else it would be completely unfair to whichever banners get missed.

2 Likes

Someone in my guild asked about this a couple weeks ago. It looked to me that it got broken in August some time.

2 Likes

July 29th was the start of the “good old days” lol

3 Likes

I made a thread requesting it’s return and my thread was marked as spam for showing the design prior to the Nerf. The thread it’s self was therefore deleted. I attempted to DM a mod to clarify what was “spam” about the post or image but have yet to get a response. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes