Maze Banner Great Again

This isn’t a bug. It’s a feature. So feature it once and for all. The design or intention of this banner changing every 6 months is silly and just shows how much the right isn’t talking to the left.

(As of 10/2/24 you nerfed it back to Plus 2 red and 1 green. That is in fact the bug.)

11 Likes

This Trumps anything else going on in the game. We’ve seen these last two months what can be, unburdened by what has been. Don old banners? That would be Harrisment! We can’t Walz backwards - we have to adVance! Kamalong with us!!!

1 Like

Just going to say that requesting “banner creep” is not a small ask. At all.

But all suggestions are fair to game discuss! Here are my quick takes:

Why do we not have banners with +3 to a single color (and -1 to its complement) yet? I doubt anyone ever actually uses the +2 single-color banners (Whitehelm, etc) that we already have, since we have a buffet line of +2/+1 banners to pick from making them always-superior choices in (almost) all team compositions.

If we wanted banners to have a net +3 Mana gain instead of +2, I could be fine with that, but first this has to be applied equally to EVERY banner in some way. They can’t just drop one banner now and the rest at a later date.

Additionally, banner creep implies the design team needs to seriously consider increasing Troop Mana costs not just on a few Troops but across the whole game. Consider the lowly Goblin: get a team of 3 of these guys together and they are ALWAYS ready to cast (match-3 + 3x Green Link = 6 Mana, one full charge) Not the most dangerous of threats, obviously, but anyone who’s encountered that one Common Goblin room in Underspire can attest that room is frustrating like few others.

So I could actually be for it . . . IF the dev team can do it right.

2 Likes