[Reported] The Maze Banner is broken ... Again

Spotted on: Switch, current version

Screenshot:

. . . really, what happened this time?
. . . and why did it have to happen to this banner?

Just to confirm, I restarted the game to see if that wouldn’t change anything (it didn’t). Can confirm that the +3 red and +2 green shown are legitimate/functional in battles (matching 3 Red Gems + no Red Link traits = 6 Mana gain or 9 if Mana Surge).

It’s been like this for months and is surely intentional. Nothing to see here, let’s all move along.

19 Likes

Reporting something thats a benefit to players :sob:

15 Likes

Memes aside, it is ultimately better for them to “rip that bandage off now” and get it fixed quickly, rather than let it become the de facto standard for red/green teams (again) and draw even more complaints when somebody finally gets around to fixing it like they should have done earlier on.

Which isn’t to say that a +3 mana to a single color couldn’t be feasible somehow or somewhen, but it’d definitely need to include a -1 on some other color.

1 Like

If their dev team opted to rechange the banner to what it is now from the previous version, then this current version might be intended. Its been around like this for awhile and no one cared. Devs or players. Except 1.

10 Likes

Thank you for keeping this game flawless :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Hello :slight_smile:

Thank you for the report.

I’ve let the development team know about this issue.

Please note it’s not ‘broken’ on Xbox so no need to do anything there.

3 Likes

Because this is beneficial to the players devs will change this asap. Meanwhile sentinel drop rate remains an absolute joke. More rng dragons on the horizon, silver marks in paid for content but yeah lets focus on a banner. Joke :clown_face::clown_face:

5 Likes

Switch version just received two minor content updates (and I rebooted the game for good measure) and it seems the fix was one of them.

WTG the maze banner has been fixed. why oh why do people insist in letting them know when a problem benefits the players

7 Likes

Well done w⚓

3 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy: that was quick!!!
Someone seriously will be pissed off :smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp:

Sadly, my Khafru still locks the game.

So glad to see that this ‘issue’ was fixed with expediency, whilst an assortment of other critical bugs that negatively affect players remain unresolved.

Nice to see priorities.

7 Likes

(emphasis mine)
Maybe you’ve noticed how incredibly impartial I am about reporting bugs?
I will not apologize for this.

Did you follow that discussion when it was happening? The response was: while the devs have been able to reproduce it & start analyzing it, it appears INCREDIBLY dependent on a very specific sequence/timing of events internally (and for all we know, could be a deeply rooted issue with the game’s overall structure). AND it requires a clientside fix, which always involves more time than a simple content update from the server.

Since it appears linked to Khafru’s third trait specifically, it’s possible they could issue a workaround by changing the trait (remember Groevanga?) but that is also technically a game balance change so it’s something they (presumably) don’t want to do outside of extraordinary circumstances (like an actual game crash). Yes, it sucks that the only available workaround in the meantime is “just don’t use Khafru” – which also presumes it only happened with a player’s Groevanga, and not just the Troop on either side (which you wouldn’t necessarily be able to work around).

To be fair, @Setekh79 , this is something that could be fixed quickly and expediently. All the programmers had to do was change a couple of values in the database.

Most of what we want fixed isn’t nearly so neat nor is it easy. This was the lowest of low-hanging fruit.

1 Like

Convenient how the low hanging fruit is always to the players benefit.

2 Likes

Please, @Bramble, give 50 Gems to this man for that… LOL

2 Likes

If it was a “bug” even though it was essentially done twice for over a year initially… I think we all deserve 50 gems for every fight that we had to suffer through due to such hardship

2 Likes

I’m not trying to pile on here, but please consider:

There’s a finite amount of dev time (not enough, apparently). Every minute spent fixing an issue like this is deducted from time spent actually improving the game. Giving them this low-hanging fruit to fix delays player-friendly changes. In a game where bugs (and “features”) hang around unfixed for years, this rubs people the wrong way.

It’s a zero-sum game, and some bug reports are worse than unnecessary; they’re actively bad.

Anyway, I’ll let it rest and hopefully everyone else can too. I do respect your attention to detail and drive to polish the game.

4 Likes