Not too happy with the new PvP - anyone one else feel the same?

If you like Valk then you can definitely use her and build a team around her. My main team is Knight Coronet / Valk / Rowanne / Knight Hero with Prismatic Orb. You’ve gotta have KC with all his traits for it to be strong, and some of the others help, but it’s pretty efficient and very effective.

Valk can and is used in lots of other teams bc of her Necromancy trait. Crimson Bat teams are very fun and effective if you have it.

3 Likes

You could also combine the two into a classic team: Venoxia / Alchemist / Banshee / Valkyrie. I’d actually really recommend that one since you’ve invested in Venoxia and love Valk.

2 Likes

Thanx, Sadly no Crimson Bat. I alludes me on purpose I think LOL

One last question: Do I change my hero class to het the weapon or do I stick with one because of a certain weapon (for example Crescendo)?

Thanx

MMM, love the sound of this team and I have them all!!

I cannot thank you eneough for your guidance. All of a sudden my gloom seems to fade LOL

3 Likes

Most of the Hero class weapons aren’t that great to be honest. The main benefit of the classes right now is that they give bonuses to magic if you use a weapon with the right color (so they can make some weapons very strong). For example, Priest works well with Yasmine’s Chalice, Archer works well with the Chalice or Bow (or War and Peace or Crescendo), etc.

2 Likes

I actually like the new PvP now.
While i will probably never get to see any of the top20 rewards as i just can’t keep up with people playing 100+ battles every day, i still get significantly more rewards out of PvP than i did before, both Gold and Glory.

I am also very happy that the “try another” clickageddon is gone, and that i get opponents worth good gold every battle instead of cycling through masses of lower level opponents just to get to one that is worth some gold.

4 Likes

I raelly thought that I HAD to use my Hero to count towrds Victories until @Lyysa told me otherwise. Practicing now with Banshee and Alchemist sinve I never used them before. :slight_smile:

Just so you know that team will eventually fall off, but it should last you a long time while you build out your collection and get more knowledgeable about how to build a strong team. And if you find you don’t think it’s that fun then I’m sure folks would be happy to point you in other directions.

1 Like

Just glad someone gave an old man some pointers.:wink:

1 Like

At some point I’d like to add team showcases to my site, where players can take a published team and add a name, and then allow players to vote those teams up and down and comment on them. The trouble is that I then need to persist data and deal with authentication to prevent vote scamming, etc. but it’s something I think would be great for the community.

At that point it would be possible to group highly-ranked teams by, say, max troop base rarity, to help low-level players find success.

5 Likes

To add some perspective to this, while the Valkyrie/Alchemist/Banshee (the 4. spot is really open for any troop, Treant and Knight Coronet are strong helmers for it as well) may be slower than current high end fully traited legendary teams, it will never actually stop working.
You will be able to win with it against literally anything once you get accustomed to the transform loops, because it is based on keeping absolute control over the battle by looping theoretically endless turns, leaving only very few windows for the opponents team to act.
It does take some time though to really get into it, but once you are, it is quite addictive and you might never want to play anything else but control decks in this game.

5 Likes

And all of a sudden my spirit is lifted and a fresh breeze just entered the room. WoW! thanx everyone!

1 Like

This is a classic control deck that can win forever.

My favorite troops for top spot:
Luther - attack boost for all makes losing a troop not that bad

Anointed one - attack boost AND more gem changing

Treant - attack boost AND if traited stoneskin!

5 Likes

@Suds - never had so many Cascades on my table at one time! Thanx for the suggestion and all who contributed!

2 Likes

Other possible lead troops:

War Sphinx overlaps purple, but takes blue, and can be used as get-out-of-jail when no matches exist;

Serpent can tank with agile and self-heals, as well as generating red;

Abhorath can work if you have him traited and are feeling lucky.

2 Likes

Thanx @Lyya

And here I was a few hours ago and thinking the worst. So many new possibillities!

1 Like

They really just need to work out the kinks/bugs and I think it’ll be fine.

5 Likes

I was very grumpy and irritated by the new PVP system the first couple of days. But, I’m actually enjoying it now. Getting 8 glory for certain matches looks really nice right now. (That match was a revenge + rival, by the way.) I think PVP will improve even more once most of the bugs are crushed.

6 Likes

I think having a good team will also help a lot, as the above posts have helped me with my team setup. Practicing now LOL

1 Like

Yes, that always helps. :smile_cat: