[NOT A BUG] War Coins Not Appearing In Adventure Board Rotation

I’m with Birdie, and the assumption being that the Red Adventure Board tasks just currently lack the functionality to include War Coins, for whatever reason.

I’d be happy to be wrong, though — the Adventure Board has needed to be better since its inception, as for the most part its content is negligible (only deed days really matter, generally, and the rest is pretty meh)

Oh, I’m sure it has already been considered. Probably rather frequently, at that.

If I were a gambler, my bet would be that the company has some sort of analysis leaning towards “this change would cause a catastrophic decline in current players/new players/engagement/revenue” and that is the only reason this hasn’t already been done. Yet.

I do feel there will reach a point where either Gems will be unable to be earned “for free” outside of things like the Adventure Board, Calendar, Event rewards, etc. Tightening the grip on earnable resources is the counterpart to pushing more monetization streams, so logically, this has to be in the plan at some point. I suspect it’ll go similarly to how the removal of Gems from LTs happened - they’ll be replaced with far less-flexible resources, like Keys, Crafting materials, etc. and spun as “we’re really giving you MORE value!”.

When that happens, I’m gone (if I’m not already).

1 Like

Same.

I’ve always said as much — if I can’t remain competitive or stay gem-positive week to week, I’m out :v:

1 Like

I think I potentially agree with 4.21 a bit, in that Gems are slowly being made more irrelevant as a ‘premium’ currency (and more just acting as ‘energy’ for Events), which might then make it easier for the devs to nerf later/tighten the screws :confused:.

Tbh tributes should be sacrosanct - imho ofc.

Look how gradual kingdom progression is. There’s already RNG involved in how many gems are given, and it is the devs who set all the parameters such as % chance/bonus chance et al. They put in place all the artificial gates to deny swifter progress. There’s no economical argument to remove gems in any context without causing a seismic reaction.

It’s harder to progress, it’s managed and restricted, to take them away would probably be a bridge too far in this more monetisation era.

LT was different you could buy your way to more with another currency. Tribute is already throttled and the downside to players is for every troop released, more resources are required. More tokens, more souls more time spent in game to acquire. Naturally you pick up more gems by being in game but you also each week need more of everything to move the needle.

So if players are gaining gems, they are still being slowed in all other areas.

Devs imho could get players spending gems if they dropped some of the extraordinarily poor offers.

Make offers worth while, 12 doom forge scrolls 1800 gems.

3 medal of Nysha 15k gems.

1,000,000 souls - 4k gems - max one per month.

60 VK - 5k gems.

Just throwaway examples. No real effort put into costs. For those that say ‘Nysha already costs £50 for 1’, they are rare enough to stay as is. After all you need 400 Nysha medals for Mythics at the mo…

Gems would be spent. Solves a surplus gem issue, wouldn’t interfere with offers for cash.

Honestly if you are endgane or almost, there is almost nothing worth buying in any current gem offer.

Imperial Deeds - not very common are they.

Normal Deeds are borderline useless now, certainly 2 for 270 gems is close to pointless with books, unless close to making another book maybe or you just want to spend gems.

Warcoins - once you get all 5 slots/banners -useless. I’ve got 4 free, so won’t be long before they are useless.

I’d sooner see devs start to personalise offers for players, if need be increase the gem cost too, so gems are spent. I’d spend my tributes on those. By the time we reach L20 power kingdoms, another infinite loop will land anyway, so more gems will probably need to be spent.

In short Devs can be more creative than they currently are with gems, rather than attack tribute, and reduce in game gem economy.

6 Likes

Why not simply add them to a “new” player login calendar instead of the “New Player” login calendar and remove them from Ab completely. Because it’s been said before, nobody REALLY wants to have those treasure maps…

Of course you want treasure maps! Why else would they be in most redeem codes from streams? /s

For those who are wondering…

• 500 gems in regular ToD (Tier 7) currently gives 3. 12 would cost 2000. Anyone who can afford 12 per 1800 can already pretty much buy the excess.
  • 3 medal of Nysha 15k gems. If you take 30 seconds per Explore 1 battle including mythic, at average rate of 0.05 Nysha tokens per cycle, it will take 35.3 hours of solid gaming to gain 3 Medals of Nysha. On the other hand, players with MAX kingdom stats can gain 15K gems doing nothing but collecting gems 16 times a day for 6.5 weeks.
  • 1,000,000 souls - 4k gems - max one per month. For reference, at just under 1,000 troops, you only need 4M souls to upgrade everything to Level 20.
2 Likes

You missed this bit;

However I’m not sure what you are getting at? There were comments about losing tributes. Do you think players will welcome tribute gems being nerfed, or would they prefer more ways to spend gems earned through their efforts?

ToD only comes round once every 11 weeks. You accumulate your gems weekly, so at any given point your gem supply fluctuates. With better offers, you would spend more, no? You would have offers at Mythic rarity at best, so you might get 2 offers a year if we go by Imperial Deeds?

I will take my example. I don’t buy with gems, anything except Imperial Deeds and 1 more Warcoin offer.

Devs should probably be encouraging players to spend gems, or would you sooner the entire playerbase get less gems from tributes?

ToD - You can only buy 1 set of scrolls every 11 weeks, and technically it could be every 66 weeks for your chosen colour. In between that, you will probably already be behind with doom scrolls, so you will with Mythic rarity, might get an extra bone twice a year.

Nysha

Again. You need 67 x 6 for Mythic - 412 medals, 3,708 tokens.

3 medals of Nysha per 15k gems as a Mythic rarity offer. You need to do that 138 times at current release, while in the meantime we get roughly another 2 Mythics approximately if we include campaigns in 6.5 weeks. So, you get 1/2 a Mythic in medals but there are 2 Mythics, 12 Medals needed in your 6.5 weeks. If you average 2 offers per year, let’s say you get really lucky, 5 a year, it’s not much, but it’s something. You could spend some gems if you felt it viable. Would that not be a better way of potentially spending gems than nerfing tributes for all?

Souls - You are talking upgrading troops to level 20. Don’t we do that as we go along in the game naturally. It’s not hard after playing for a few months to max level your troops from natural soul acquisition. I had all my acquired troops maxed within 4-5 months, except the ones I didn’t have of course.

Max one soul offer per month, Mythic rarity offer too, would probably be twice per year. I get that for a new player that’s a good offer, maybe that would need some more effort put into a potential award. In context though, 945 troops to Elite Level, by the summer it will be 1,000 troops @60 K per troop, that’s 60 million souls. You still need 3,000 assorted medals as well.

Players are all at different points in their journeys in GoW. All therefore should have their own goals. There’s nothing in my post that is anything other than finding ways for Devs to be more creative, reaching all of the playerbase - so they part with currency, whether cash or gems. :slight_smile:

If I am honest, would I spend 15k gems on 3 Nysha Medals? Maybe once, wouldn’t be able to afford it. It could be a problem for whaling I suppose, so it should be as rare as Imperial Deeds.

4 Likes

[Forge scrolls] Anyone who can afford 12 per 1800 can already pretty much buy the excess.

55 scrolls to upgrade a single weapon. Two sets of weapons you definitely want fully upgraded (shitty affixes notwithstanding). The fourth set is being completed this cycle and there might be more sets coming. 1320 forge scrolls needed so far. I think we’d be okay if they introduced forge scroll offers.

[Souls] For reference, at just under 1,000 troops, you only need 4M souls to upgrade everything to Level 20.

On the flipside, counting new delves, mythics, weekend events, event chests, … - if the average is 3 new troops per week, then every week ends up costing 180k-200k souls if you fully level and medal JUST the new troops. Or about ~10 million per year just to keep up, more than twice what players needed to spend on ALL troops in the game pre-medal system. Granted, most people will want to limit their medals to troops they actually use or need for kingdom progression.

[Nysha] it will take 35.3 hours of solid gaming to gain 3 tokens of Nysha.

I’m lost on the math here, I could be wrong, but I assumed:

• 0.05 tokens per chest = 0.0055… medals per chest = 180 chests per medal.
  • 6.125 fights per chest (restocking mythstones) at 35 secs per battle ~= 3.6 minutes per chest.
  • 180 chests * ~3.6 minutes ~= 10.72 hours per medal.

[ToD, xolid99] and technically it could be every 66 weeks for your chosen colour

131 weeks if you make a new account the week after ToD has ended and that particular colour ends up at the bottom of the stack

1 Like

Is that supposed to stop someone from assessing and putting an FYI out on your examples? I missed the memo.

FWIW for real feedback, your post is all about using gems to solve everything. In other words, asking the devs to monetize more aspects of the game. Need forge scrolls, let’s not fix the availability issue - put them up as expensive gem offers. Take in real $$$. Road to P2W. Before you say that gems can be earned in game, there is only so much of it. Once it is implemented as you prescribe, where gems will be needed to solve/gain everything, it will drain to zero all the time, and only $$ will replenish any players’ stock.

Yes, yes you are.
Explore 12 is 73 mythstones on average. Even if you have all your kingdoms at Level 16+ (10% bonus) and keep chasing the 20% bonus mythstones, it still takes an average of 100 / (1.3 x 73 / 5) = 5.3 battles to reach every Mythic boss battle. For regular mortals, it’s more like 100 / (73 / 5) = 6.85 battles, or 7.85 battles including Mythic, per cycle.
Note: I also stated I assumed 30 seconds per battle. (I was being generous)

1 Like

Not really what I was wondering about, I was curious how you arrived at 3 tokens taking 35h of grind

1 Like

Just to clear up the confusion - Salty liked this post. I assume that means custom ABs are indeed the red rarity special event sets that we see from time to time.

4 Likes

My error. 3 Medals of Nysha, responding to the post I was commenting on.
35.3 hours @ 30 seconds per battle @ 73 Mythstones per 5 battles.

3 Likes

My post was about not reducing tribute income, and making more, rare ways of encouraging expenditure, rather than lose that tribute income, and not about using gems for everything.

In your post you used an argument that endgamers could acquire the Nysha offer for ‘doing nothing’ other than collecting tributes, but missed out the context of them needing to spend 138 of those offers and have to do the same farming as everyone else. So we all need at present 2,070,000 gems to purchase those (hypothetical) offers, bearing in mind they only gain 1/4 of the net Mythic cost each campaign cycle, the gem cost would be over 3,000,000 soon and that’s what, 30 years of tributes? 260 gems per day tribute, 8000 a month. If those offers are on the scale of Imperial Deed rarity, you might get 3-4 per annum. Hardly pay to win.

Actually in some ways this Nysha offer only comes about because of the scarcity of Nysha medals. Hopefully in a patch soon, there will be other limited ways to acquire them, like Ingots as a recent example.

The Devs already restrict anything by rarity, just like the odds for a Nysha token, except that is .5% per E12 battle where you can over a certain amount of Mythstones. You are looking at what, a 1-3% at best chance per day of an offer under these parameters. Actually we don’t know the offer rates, but if we go by the common-mythic in game means, we are probably talking a very generous 5-6 offers per annum. In my circumstances, I have had 2 Imperial Deed offers since inception. I’d expect something like this to come in at best twice as often. I actually didn’t take the first one, I could not afford it at the time… Since regretted it, but management of gems at that time was harder than now.

I’m sure this could be a win for the Devs, and players would win, because they have some limited options to choose to spend to gain . No-one is going to be paying to win, too rare, too hard to gain still.

With new offers, I might do the Nysha once, it would take me some management to rebalance that cost over time.

2 Likes

Exactly this. (I like things when I am in a rush and can’t always reply. Or I plan to return and sometimes get caught up.)

4 Likes

Easier to link than to quote two quotes.
But this weekend should bring upon it a “custom adventure board”.

What better way to celebrate Easter than free War Coins? :grin::joy:

I hate to bump a bug report thread, but it’s been an additional 2 weeks and it really feels like the question hasn’t been resolved. It would be fantastic if someone could confirm that the epic and legendary war coin tasks have a probability equal to other tasks of their rarity - that way we could set our expectations appropriately.

My worry is that they were accidentally set far too low, like with the legendary troop in vault keys incident, so while the official statement is true, it’s unintentionally misleading and creating false hope. Knowing the answer would affect how I spend my playtime - how much time I dedicate to unfun arena grinding.

Anyway, feel free to delete/ignore if this bump is out of line. I just didn’t want to start a brand new thread about it. Thanks!

2 Likes

This answer didn’t suffice?

Just because War Coins are advertised as a certain rarity doesn’t mean they will be the same drop chances of the other tasks of the exact same rarity.

Heart of Rage in the Vault has made it clear that Rarities in Gems of War mean absolutely nothing.

Each troop (or task in this case) is all subject to whatever weight the devs feel like attaching to it.

This is exactly why I think more clarity is needed, yes. Clear or approximate drop rates set expectations and reduce frustration.

1 Like