(Not a bug) Stun Impact occurring on skull match and not damage

Platform, device version and operating system:
Xbox

Screenshot or image:

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:
Based on the 4.1 patch notes, previously, effects that say they should occur on skull damage were actually occurring when skulls were matched, and this was fixed. However, based on the wording of the first trait on Titan (forget which tree), it causes stun when hero takes skull damage. Instead of that happening, the stun happens whether damage occurs or not, even when hero has barrier.

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
Every time, any mode.

Steps to make it happen again
Match skulls while hero has that talent selected while hero has barrier. It may work like this against entangle as well, haven’t tried.

How many Skulls are you matching each time?

It happens every time, it’s not carried over damage from 4x skulls or doomskulls, if that’s what you’re asking.

Edit: I am at work, but I can also try when I get home if needed to see if it also happens with entangle, or if it’s unique to barrier.

@Cyrup here you see it happen against barrier to Gorgotha. Then, it happens to TDS against barrier while entangled.

Thanks, I’ve made a bug report for the team to look into

This might actually be intended, just confirming the behaviour with the team…

If it’s intended, then the trait wording is incorrect.

Hitting a barrier does no damage and similar with being entangled (Well… doom skulls or 4/5 matches but generally no damage). I’m sure it isn’t meant to trigger the trait though if it hits a barrier.

Hey guys, looks like this might involve some old code and has a few design complications so it’s going to take longer to look into than expected. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the update.

Popping in to add on to this: I just noticed that Wrath’s trait Cataclysm (Explode 2 random Gems when I deal skull damage) does not trigger when entangled, but Bone Dragon’s trait Frozen Soul (Inflict Frozen when enemies deal Skull damage to me) does trigger when entangled. Specifically, my Wrath ended up frozen when attacking an enemy Bone Dragon but didn’t explode gems. Hopefully there’s enough shared code that the same fix resolves both of these, but I just wanted to add this instance of odd interaction.

3 Likes

I have no new news on this issue at this stage :frowning:

Actually the timing of effects never got fixed, x that we got webspinner with perma x3 skull damage and rock troll that do full skull damage to tanks everytime, there are more but those 2 are the most common to run into.

1 Like

Hi @AlphaNate I’ve heard back from the team, and this is working as intended. The description for the talent says when enemies deal Skull damage to me. It doesn’t say when I take damage. This means breaking barrier will trigger the Talent.

@Cyrup based on that, the stun should not occur if the troop attacking is entangled, correct?

The Impact Talent should trigger if the Troop attacking is entangled

@Cyrup maybe I’m not understanding. Why would it trigger if no skull damage is being dealt? Didn’t you just say the opposite?