[NOT A BUG, RNG] 20% to evade Skulls procs too often

Platform, device version and operating system:
Xbox One

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:
20% to me means that, on average, the evade would happen 1 out of 5 times. My observation has been that this 20% is proccing way too often. I remember one time, I had inflicted 4 skull hits and only the fourth one actually hit, on a mob with a trait of 20% to evade Skulls.

I’ve encountered such instances many times. You know frustration when you try to Skull kill a mob with 1 health left and it keeps evading with what actually seems to be 80% chance instead of the 20.

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
I’ve started the game only about 2 weeks ago but have played many hours since. I’ve started noticing this the last few days.

1 Like

This will be chalked up to “streakiness” reality says the AI gets boosts to all % chances to simulate difficulty.

Yeah, I’m sure that the devs will say it’s a fluke. I just finished and recorded a game where a 20% evade mob did just that, 2 out of 3 times. I guess we just have to accept that the game percentages are not that firm … for the mobs. Thanks for the reply.

It’s 99% for first hit against AI. Almost never hits.

It’s RNG, many people have reported it to be “streaky” → like Infernal King resurecting himself 6 times in a row in a single battle (while having only 25% change)…
or Thief summoning 7 bandits in single battle, while having 35% chance to summon one…

or … me having 4(5?) pet gnomes show up in like 10-12 consecutive battles yesterday…

This is not a bug, and is a common perception issue that players of games with RNG encounter.

Streakiness occurs where there is RNG.

Interesting that my troop with 75% to burn actually acts like 25%, maybe 50%. Guess suckiness is also a common perception in RNG.

That in effect is the problem, that you are much more likely to remember the times where you get a bad run of luck, but won’t remember the times where you inflict 20 skull hits consecutively.

Although conversely I do tend to agree with you, but it does appear to me that the 20% is very streaky and if evade happens once then it seems to happen 3 or 4 times consecutively.