[Not a bug] Offers page (!) indicator without anything new

Platform, device version and operating system:
Steam

Screenshot or image:

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:
once ive seen the offers available, looked at all the tabs, the (!) icon indicating something new to see should not appear again until there is indeed something new. To my knowledge this is how all of the other (!) indicators are working except this one.

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
patch 4.9 every time

Steps to make it happen again
exit game and open it again

21 Likes

dont even need to restart the game, the reminder just comes back after some time. ive looked at the offers several times today and even purchased something but the indicator keeps coming back.

6 Likes

This is driving me insane. I have handled almost every other graphic change, or annoyance like the flash offers popping up, but this flashing green stupid thing is getting to me more than it should.

It needs to be disabled. Let it trigger when something changes, the same as the exact same 1 for mobile ads, the adventure board, and PvP rewards.

The only reason for it to keep spamming the every loving jebus out of us, is to get us to spend more money/gems, and its having the opposite effect

14 Likes

It’s come up at least six times today and I even bought one of the daily gem offers. Each time it goes off without reason it spends a valuable resource called player goodwill.

4 Likes

I agree that this is driving me nuts, amazing that this crap can make it to production.

6 Likes

It keeps popping up for me on Xbox One after every tribute.

3 Likes

I like GoW because it allows me to zone out, match gems, and collect rewards. After fighting some PvP bettles, completing delves, finishing guild tasks, or event stages, I’ll return to the main screen and see that friendly mail tab with the welcoming ! sign and mindlessly click thru as quickly as possible. All so that I can zone out again and earn more ! marks.

I have not earned these shop ! marks. I do not deserve them, and therefore, do not want them. Please take them back, 505. My credit card is already disabled from my account, just in case I mindlessly click thru the offers by mistake.

gl hf

6 Likes

8 times today now. I’d regret updating, but a friend told me how she was 60+ turns into a treasure map and then it forced her to upgrade and blocked her from getting her treasure. That’s cold. So waiting to update isn’t an option either.

2 Likes

Hey, we’ve reduced the time this shows up in the next update version 4.9.5 so it’s only once per session.

This won’t be an always thing - it keeps popping because of the Adventurer’s packs which are basically starter packs which are only available for a limited time.

Once they expire the notification won’t show all the time.

4 Likes

Still too much. Many of us do multiple brief logins per day. Until your answer, I thought it actually was once per login already, and was annoyed enough about it.
As has been suggested, show the mark, when there are new contents, so at the first daily login and when there are new event offers.

21 Likes

Or add an annoying ticking noise that gets louder each minute, ignoring your sound settings. When adding an annoying feature nobody likes, why stop half the way? :smirk:

4 Likes

I agree with Jerog - please make the exclamation mark appear only when something is in fact new (that is to say, was not there the last time I checked). Thanks!

2 Likes

Every 24 hours they expire. But then gives new offers that last for 24 hours. Therefore it’s a continuous 24/7 cycle of exclamation points right under the mail one so people are trained to constantly look.

This would have been caught well in advance by any competent QA. Since you don’t have one. Please ensure that EVERY patch is tested by the Public Beta squad. I realize not every one of them plays the game still. But that’s still a lot more than the QA or the Dev team does.
Every patch should have the goal of making the game better. If for nothing else…the constant alert (which the community has made clear for years that it annoys them) made GoW worse than it was now than with the 4.8 build.

7 Likes

The Adventurer’s Packs are the new Starter Packs which have been turned on for everyone even if they’re not new so no one misses out on the new starter offers.

They are for a limited time only and don’t run indefinitely.

Once your Adventurer Packs have all expired they won’t pop the ! icon again.
In 4.9.5 they will only pop once per session (ie, game had a full exit and re-open) or once a day until the Adventurer Packs have expired for the player.

It’s not a bug, this is a feedback request which I passed onto the team and who immediately reacted to your feedback.

QA test for bugs, they don’t make community feedback requests.

2 Likes

The line between bug and feature is getting blurred. If the intention was for these daily deals to be approached like gem sales (which do have a flashing icon running constantly), then the wrong icon was used. Players have been trained for as long as I can remember that a flashing exclamation point means something new that must be checked, and that the exclamation point goes away once the item is checked*. To use that same icon for something that you want to regularly draw attention to is at best a misuse of the icon. At worst it is an underhanded attempt to use the reinforced behavior you’ve instilled to drive shop views and purchases.

*The lone example that springs to mind is uncollected mails in the mailbox. But any equivalence drawn between mails that give stuff to the player and these offers that require real-money payments is, again, somewhere between misguided and disingenuous.

7 Likes

Haven’t we been at this point already?
You’re explicitely saying, that there is no intention to fix the issue?

3 Likes

I’m sorry but you can’t blame everyone for thinking this was a bug. I thought it was a bug. It’s been bothering me this whole time I just haven’t said anything. Like this constant flashing reminder that these terrible gem offers still exist even though I’ve looked at them many times.

3 Likes

it’s just boring

It’s counter-productive.

I am now conditioned not to look in there.

6 Likes

Yep. If they want to use this exclamation mark to draw attention to other money-making menus (e.g. ads), it’s not going to work. I’m already starting to ignore any flashing green exclamation marks.

6 Likes