Devs: Please stop offering me useless deals

I am really, really tired of the deals I am constantly being offered. Every day they are all the same. It goes to show that absolutely no programming has been put into the game to accommodate specific players. Here are my 3 Daily Offers for today:

And my first Daily Arena offer:

I DO NOT NEED Priest’s Chalice. At all. This is my Total Renown:

This is the LAST faction I have that isn’t at 2500 Renown:

I clearly DO NOT need Priest’s Chalice and I would never spend 100 gems on 4 Priest’s Chalice, 6000 gold, and 120 Chaos Shards. That is a bad deal to offer me. I would never take it, so why offer?

Next up is the ingots. 150 gems for 5 Legendary Ingots? 45 gems for 5 Epic Ingots? I have THOUSANDS of ingots and NOTHING to upgrade:

1 Medal of Orpheus and 2000 souls for 225 gems? Why?!

I don’t need souls! And medals? I have 131 troops at Gold, 14 at Silver, and 5 at Bronze, and I don’t need anymore medals that I can’t farm myself very easily…

Your offers do nothing for me except clutter my screen and annoy me. These are the “deals” I would actually buy:

• Imperial Deed Offers
  • Deed of Stone (the only one I’m short of)
  • Pet Bounty (Haven’t seen one of these in months, buy I’m 1905 in Pet Mastery so maybe it doesn’t think I need any, but I have lots of pets still that aren’t at 20)
  • Medal of Anu/Nysha – come up with something, maybe I’ll buy it.
  • Vault keys that aren’t outrageously priced (120 gems for 1 vault key is insane)

That’s it. That’s all I would buy right now.

14 Likes

A guildmate received an offer for x10 Scale Guard + 700 souls for 27 gems. This was apparently to push Mist of Scales from 21 to 22. Haha. AI is crazy.

The daily offers feature could definitely use improvement.

At least a couple of times I was offered for 300 gems and declined:
1200 souls
30 diamonds
3000 jewel shards

Spending 300 gems after dungeon battles (Monday thru Saturday) I can get:
1500 souls
120 diamonds
2400 jewel shards
600 jewels
24 runic traitstones

So, does that daily offer fit the definition of a scam?

1 Like

Only buy daily deals for deeds and possibly “legion booster” if you are short on keys. All others are a complete waste.

2 Likes

Legion Booster is a pretty terrible offer. You get 20 Gem Keys, 20 Event Keys, and 20 Glory Keys for I think 300 gems. Each Gem Key would normally cost 10 gems, so that’s 200 gems. Each Event Key costs 15 Gems, so that’s 300 Gems. And Glory Keys are 20 glory each, so that’s 400 Glory.

You’re spending 300 gems and getting 500 gems and 400 glory worth of keys. Sounds like a great deal, right? I mean, you’re essentially saving yourself 200 gems and 400 glory? Well, that IS a good deal if you already are in a position where you’re spending gems on Gem Keys and Event Keys. But I don’t know too many people who actually spend their gems on keys.

When I was just starting out, I spent my gems (and still do) on Events – Delve, Bounty, guild, class, etc. And for a new player, 300 gems is a lot, especially if they’re only getting 5-10 gems per tribute. Let’s say they collect 12 tributes a day (probably unrealistic for a new player, but for those of us who have addiction problems, it’s not far fetched at all…). That’s 60-120 tributes a day – we’ll say they get 90 gems per day on average.

That means they’re spending over 3 days worth of gems from tributes on keys. Now, I am in no way arguing that it isn’t better to get 500 gems worth of keys for only 300 gems, but I am saying that it’s pretty crazy to be spending 3 days worth of tributes on keys and especially 5 days worth (if you were to buy them without the daily offer).

I think the Legion Booster offer is basically aimed toward players who somehow have an excess of number of gems (perhaps they don’t invest them into events at all), and still need keys for mythics.

But for end-game players, 300 gems is much more important to me than keys:

1 Like

Pet offers at 50 each are the only pretty good ones (if you still need them, that is)

4 Likes

There is very specific programming that is generating the Daily Deal results you are seeing and the results are quite intentionally designed this way.

In no specific order:

• Pet Bounties: Unless the pet in question is immediately blocking a kingdom star upgrade and is not a faction pet nor a cosmetic pet, players won’t receive these.

• Medal of Anu: Very rare VIP-slot only offer.

• Medal of Nysha: Never going to happen (not even badges or tokens) unless a future medal comes out that power creeps Nysha medals. It’s strictly a cash-only purchase. Devs have taken a very hard stance on this to date.

• Vault Keys: Not going to be priced any lower, as long as 300 Gems, Orbs of Chaos (which can turn into Ascension orbs [700 Gems]) and Major Orbs of Chaos [even more valuable] can drop from the Vault. So, probably never.

• Deeds: Colored deeds are rare, writs are very rare, and direct Imperials Deeds are ultra rare offers by design. These are intentionally very long-term pain points (possibly un-overcomable for the rest of the game’s life) and the devs know this.

So… what are Daily Deals then? In another form, they are the next-generation Orbs of Chaos. Got another jewel or priest chalice offer? Congrats, you got the Daily Deal equivalent of an Orb of Growth. Want good offers? The devs know this and all of them are a similar range to getting an Orb of Ascension from a Chaos Orb. Some offers, such as writs (which can be turned into Imperial Deeds) and Imperial Deeds would equate into an orb type that would be rarer than Ascension orb.

And guess what? The “incentive” for daily arena farming introduced in 5.2 is for players to obtain up to three more Daily Deal Chaos Orbs in the hopes that they morph into a rare useful offer and not useless trash offers.

As usual, I’ll disclaim my post as personal opinion. But, I’m pretty darn sure that the the daily deal system (+ Arena daily “extra” rolls) are working exactly as intended and as designed.

And yes, the devs DO expect players to be chasing and then cracking open Daily Deal Chaos Orbs, probably for the rest of the game’s lifespan.

14 Likes

Is there a bug with a 21 Star Kingdom - got it maxed out and first time i got a unit offer for a unit which is allready myth / Level 20 :face_with_monocle:

It happened to me today too:

and 22 power level is not achievable yet!

1 Like

What objectives have you guys completed towards lv 22?

1 Like

Just need the 31th Skill (out of 30 units), so not obtainable.
Same situation in other kingdoms but never got a unit offer for a Level 20 unit.

I like the daily deals :man_shrugging:

I don’t buy every one, but if I did I’d be out of gems :thinking:

But if you already have everything, then there is nothing to offer. Writs and deeds aren’t meant to flood the daily deals, even if you need nothing else.

3 Likes

So:

• You’ve Bronze Elite Medalled 5 Troops from the Kingdom (before the offer appeared)
  • You have both Mythics from the Kingdom (Eury, Mamba)
  • The only uncompleted Task is to Unlock all 3 Traits on 31 Troops, which is currently unachievable
  • You still got an offer for Troops from that Kingdom

Is that all correct?

Your screenshot should look like this, but with the bottom Task completed:

1 Like

Yes, I’m sure I wish to continue this old conversation, because its still not freaking fixed!

I was going to make a new thread. Which is worse?

So I have this deal. I’ve gotten it three times in five days now because obviously the system doesn’t know a thing.

And this is what I have for Ghulvania.

So event keys will not help me. I am not paying 66% more for an event key to get some extra gold AKA the most plentiful resource in the game.

There has been a previous, rather long-standing issue where this could be fixed by fulfilling the other task in the middle there. Throwing medals at bronze upgrades to shut it up was aggravating but almost-acceptable. This one here is not acceptable, because to get to kingdom lvl16 I am required to use an extremely rare resource (book of deeds) on something functionally useless (slightly more mythstones from exploring a specific single kingdom). It is never going to happen until I get enough for a kingdom lvl20 upgrade and I have it for attack or magic (the fact that this looks like it takes six years or something notwithstanding…).

Yes its only 25 gems but buying it now is not going to make it stop appearing, so why would I?

I’ve got less time on my hands these days. GoW is the very first thing I’m going to cut to make more time. Try to change that, devs?

5 Likes

Yes please make a new thread @Shimrra. I fully support it. :upside_down_face:

I don’t understand the reluctance to upgrade a kingdom to level 16? Do you really want all your kingdoms blocked by power level 23 for the next several years?

I agree the event key offer is stupid.

1 Like

The reason is resource bottlenecks. It takes 3 imperial deeds to upgrade a kingdom from 15 to 16, the same amount required to upgrade a kingdom from 13 to 15. Some would rather have an extra stat point for all troops than 10% extra mythstones when exploring one particular kingdom.

2 Likes

IMO players should not be forced to play whack-a-mole with the daily deal system’s bugs every time their kingdoms advance. They need to fix the system or stop claiming in-game and on their help pages that the system will help the advancement of your kingdoms… because it literally doesn’t.

It’s one thing for them to want to retain control over how fast people can advance their most progressed kingdoms, it’s another thing entirely to block all your lower level kingdoms from progressing because the system is stuck generating ingot, event key and troop offers every single day.

Maybe I just don’t feel like grinding out another 4 medals just to avoid a bug that should have been fixed a year ago.

3 Likes

An extra stat point is nice but how long will it take to get 30 books at the current rate? 5 years? That’s a long time to wait and troops will probably have like 300 hp then so 1 stat point is almost meaningless. Meanwhile those with max KP would have been getting max possible tributes for those 5 years. Each to their own I guess.

3 Likes

I don’t even bother looking at daily deals anymore unless I happen to see an offer for imperial deeds. Anything else is worthless. And pets are only ever offered if you need them to level a kingdom. Oh my god, if you need that, they never stop. However, it’s a really good deal (50 gems for a pet – either 1 at a time or sometimes 3 for 150 gems). That’s much cheaper than 100 gems for a pet during pet rescue shop.

I only have 27 Imperial Deeds right now. There is absolutely no reason for me to level a Kingdom to 16 for the 10% mythstone bonus unless it’s required to complete level 24, and very few kingdoms can actually be completed to unlock 24.

Leonis Empire is 25 and Maugrim Woods is 25. The only other one close is Ghulvania which has a max level of 23. So, the requirement to unlock power level 24 is getting that kingdom level to 16, but the thing typically holding it back is troops and weapons. Right now, Ghulvania is stuck at 23 until they release a new troop.

It’s kind of confusing, but basically to get to 24, you need kingdom level 16, and looking at taransworld, that won’t happen for anything currently in the works up through October.

And since that’s the case, it’s much more beneficial to get as many kingdoms to 15, instead of 16.

2 Likes