[Not a bug] Offers page (!) indicator without anything new

Huh?

It just replaced the two previous ones with these. I think yesterday I maybe had 12 hours of exclamation point harassment solace.

Like imagine if every time you turned on your tv your alarm clock went off as well.

6 Likes

@Kafka Why I donā€™t have those offers available? After previous offers end few hours ago, ā€œAdventure Packsā€ tab is missing on my account (just relogged and still nothing there)!

Thatā€™s the solace Iā€™m speaking of. Eventually that space will be replaced with a new offer.
Which seems to occur ā€œindefinitelyā€.

Itā€™s really upsetting being talked down to by you and Salty. You do understand the people that post on these forums, you know, that actually take time out of their day to post here are the ā€œhardcoreā€ players and thus probably understand the difference between a bug and a feedback request. We actually care about this game and its future. We arenā€™t your enemies here. We are your allies. Please keep this in mind anytime you respond to a post.

The implementation of the ! For offers was done so poorly that we all believed it to be a bug. and it doesnā€™t matter if you want to call it a feedback request or not. This needs fixed.

What you suggested once per session is not what your player base is asking for. If we go into the offers that ! should disappear until reset.

This should be a simple request to make.

We know you want our money, but by designing an annoying feature like this then insulting the intelligence of your community; you are going to have a harder time getting it.

4 Likes

At least I can confirm, the annoying exclamation mark is gone, when you have no adventure pack tab in the game. I donā€™t get it anymore if I take tribute or relog.

Same here: Adventure Tab and Exclamation Mark gone, and happy to see them both gone.

VIP 11, in case itā€™s a factor for the tab disappearance.

If we could now get rid of the Ad exclamation mark, all would be well until the next bug is released.
:relaxed: :pray: :vulcan_salute:

Itā€™ll be back.

Thatā€™s actually useful since it only appears when an ad is available.
Letā€™s not get ridiculous.
One exclamation point per category per day is fine. It goes away when you watch the ad.
The offer page one of ridiculous because it triggers every time you log in. While the devs encourage folks to close the game anytime itā€™s not in use.

Therefore itā€™s realistic that a player sees the exclamation mark trigger 2-10 times a day depending on how often they play despite them checking it every time they start the game.

3 Likes

It would be, if it acted like the AB exclamation mark, and went away until something changed: I am not planning to look at the ad, so the exclamation mark could be toggled off instead of perma-on.
:thinking: :crossed_fingers: :vulcan_salute:

2 Likes

But those are just one time offers. When you will see all of them, those offers will be goneā€¦ forever! So thatā€™s 9 days of watching annoying exclamation marks, and then itā€™s gone.
So itā€™s not that much of a problem. Yes, they will be annoying in first 9 days, but then no more harassment from those.

2 Likes

Ahhh just caught that in the patch notes that there are 3 different offers. So the original timer was not what Kafka was speaking about. But instead that the 3 separate timers are the actually ā€œindefiniteā€ length of time.
Fair enough. Thanks.

1 Like

My brain is finally not caring about exclamation points. Maybe I will only check mail once a day with this newly found power of apathy.

3 Likes

@killscreen I wasnā€™t talking down to anyone or insulting the intelligence of everyone.
I admit I got irritated because another poster commented on the competence of our QA team when this isnā€™t something that would get flagged by QA, but I was in no way trying to or feeling disrespectful towards anyone here when I replied, I didnā€™t realise my irritation had shown through in my post.

Iā€™ve moved this thread to the feedback section where it will be seen by the relevant people.

1 Like

If itā€™s not Quality Assuranceā€™s job to report about something thatā€™s going to annoy your player base. Whoā€™s responsible to check these things then?
Disregard the QA portion. My point was you should have players test every patch. Because players would have caught this since evidently things like this canā€™t be ā€œflaggedā€ prior to release.

5 Likes