Full screen ads

Posting this here because it isn’t a bug, but there doesn’t seem to be anywhere else to discuss it.

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened?

Multiple times per day when playing GOW on PC, I get full screen ads asking me to buy things (troop upgrades, gem sales, etc). I’d like to just be able to play the game without spam taking up the entire window, it’s absolutely infuriating.

What are the steps to make it happen again?

None that I can do, AFAIK.

Do you have any screenshots or video you want to share with us so we can see the problem? Attach them to your post!

I assume this must be a bug, as there’s surely no way the devs would have this happen intentionally.

The sarcasm isn’t helping you if you’re trying to start a discussion. You should also probably post under Discussion. This is how the ads are supposed to be, so you don’t need Support.

1 Like

No sarcasm here, genuinely surprised if these random full screen ads are intentional.

Free-to-play with pop-up ads for the in-game shop is pretty reasonable. They pop up MAYBE twice per session. There is really nothing that needs changing here.

I recommend playing a game you have purchased to avoid in-game advertising.

Cause micro-transactions aren’t a thing in $60 games? :grinning:
Anyway… This thread should be changed to “feature request or feedback”.
If you want to wait for a dev to say it instead of me then cool beans. :+1:

So the value of the pack is 50$ for 100 gems and 1 orb. 100 gems can be bought for 10$ so orb should be equal to 40$? Really?

Please keep this thread on topic to the OP’s post which refers to the fact that this add is full screen.

I am assuming you have seen the add smaller @HootyMcOwlFace? It does look oddly large, I will check with the team.

1 Like

Hi @Cyrup, thank you for replying. Yes, I have seen the ads smaller, and although they’re also very large when they pop up on mobile (Android, Oreo), they aren’t quite full screen. It’s also the random nature of the popups when I’m transitioning between screens - I appreciate the need to advertise these paid options, but it feels like they used to pop up at first logon in the past, whereas now it’s multiple times per session and seemingly at random.

Can confirm, getting the full screen ads too - nearly touching window edges. I play the game on PC, windowed, 1024x768.

Yep, still getting these too. Assuming they must be intended as it’s been over a month since this was reported. All it achieves is making me not want to spend money on the game.

Based on what you’ve shown, it looks to be functioning as intended.