[Not a Bug] Need 500 Dragonite refunded please

Put hex colours in front of the team name in brackets.

[00bfff]BlueTeam

8 Likes

Sorry if you get a duplicate, but everything in a game like this can dupe so temper your expectations.

Your data is skewed, you need to factor in a large amount of data before making conclusions.

Now have 4 unique dragons as of this morning after opening 5 gem dragon eggs total since the update.

Itā€™s all downhill from here as before I had good odds of getting one I didnā€™t have. My body is ready for the oncoming disappointment.

5 Likes

Superb start at least, got 3 of one dragon here, out of 4 tries. I am littrary shaking of anger this morning.

5 Likes

Oh man, my sympathies. I am dead sure Iā€™m heading that way in the future. Now that Iā€™m down to 33% chance of getting a unique one, Iā€™m not relishing trying to get the last two I need.

Iā€™m also missing one gem dragon for each of the craftable weapons, so I canā€™t start working on those yet. Iā€™m wondering if the least heart-breaking strategy going forward is to get enough Dragonite to open multiple eggs at a time with the hope I get the last two quickly and then can use the stored-up Dragonite to craft the weapons. At least my disappointment would be all at once instead of each time I can craft an eggā€¦

4 Likes

A bad start I hoped to avoid, as a good ending simply wont happen. So kinda messed up.

1 Like

3 eggs and 3 dragons no dupes, the next one will be. but that is gems of war. RnG everywhere

Assuming that thereā€™s a 1-in-6 chance of drawing each of the dragons from a Gem Dragon Egg, and also assuming that each Gem Dragon Egg is an independent event? The odds of receiving four distinct dragons from four individual draws is (6/6) * (5/6) * (4/6) * (3/6) = 60 / 216 = 27.8%. Meaning itā€™s considerably more likely that youā€™ll receive at least one duplicate out of four draws than it is you wonā€™t.

Heck, youā€™re roughly a coin toss to receive three distinct dragons from three individual draws ā€“ slightly better but not egregiously so: 20 / 36 = 55.6%.

Itā€™s not what a lot of people would want to see, but thatā€™s the mathematics hidden behind the curtain. So if youā€™re 3-for-3 right now, youā€™re probably ā€œahead of the gameā€. Sad as that may be.

Iā€™m exactly where you are. Got a duplicate green dragon, and all the dragons you have as well.

Not sure what Iā€™m going to do. Probably will not be able to resist the pull of the egg once I have enough dragonite. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Havenā€™t got a perfect run yet. Just hatched 3rd egg and got my 3rd yellow dragon. Iā€™m beyond fuā‚¬ked!

2 Likes

@13Z50P I know what it feels like.

One of my guildmates reported opening his 5th egg yesterday and got a 5th copy of Sapphirax. He still doesnā€™t have any of the other 5 egg Dragons. Thatā€™s absolutely unacceptable. NO one should have to deal with that kind of bad luck. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

UPDATE: He just got a 6th freaking copy of Sapphirax. SIX! He is beyond upset right now, and I honestly cannot blame him one bit.

21 Likes

Butā€¦butā€¦did you not read the post saying someone already has 6 dragons! Is that not amazing? Should your guildmate not be happy for them!!!

2 Likes

Only gotten it twice. One time using the online tool that immediately was nerfed the next day. I am one of those who is ā€œluck challengedā€ I can master the parts of the game that require skill - but RNG, no.

1 Like

Okay, so that is a 1/7776 or about 0.013% occurrence, which unfortunately means that in a player base of at least 7,000+ it is statistically likely this will, in fact, happen to SOMEONE.

1 Like

And this is the reason so many of us have been screaming day one when this was announcedā€¦so many of us are going to take 30ā€¦40ā€¦50 eggs to get all the troopsā€¦and as is there is nothing we can do to fix this. The changes coming in the futureā€¦I wish there was some transparency from the team on what that will be

4 Likes

There wonā€™t be any changes that improve the situation for players. This has really always followed the same pattern the past years:

1.) Some highly controversial design gets pushed out of the door, in a state that screams Bad Idea to anybody even remotely familiar with the topic.
2.) Player outrage rises, up to a point where it hurts sales enough that it can no longer be ignored.
3.) Some official eventually comes out of hiding and promises milk and honey to calm down tempers, without ever planning on delivering.
4.) Players eventually catch on, some sooner, some later, at that point the whole outrage has already run out of steam and can safely be dismissed.

IP2 has stated multiple times that they donā€™t ever revisit design decision. Their business policy is to release a game mode, then never touch it again for the next years, no matter how unpopular it is. There are several posts where they explain that their resources go exclusively into developing New Stuff, and that players should just avoid any Old Stuff they donā€™t like playing.

If there really had been any plans to react to Dungeon feedback, it would have happened by now. Some of the proposed changes are trivial to implement, within hours. Those vague plans to do something vague in some vague future? Sorry to break it to you, but thatā€™s just IP2 telling us once again to get stuffed, in a political correct way.

14 Likes