Noob needs help with team composition

(Mana) Link works like a banner bonus. So in this case, each Red match you make is given +1.

Fire Link is a trait of the Goblin Rocket. So you won’t be able to get that until you get the card. Not something to worry about for the time being.

As to your second question, that’s rather complex.
In the old days, yes. Everyone did.
Then they introduced kingdom bonuses, (bonus stats for having two or more troops from the same kingdom) and the hero didn’t have an associated kingdom, and troop type bonuses (bonus stats for having two or more troops of the same type, such as marauder, dragon, elf, etc) and heroes didn’t have that feature either.

Heroes quickly got dumped to the side for better stats and synergies.

In the most recent patch, heroes got a huge rework. Now we have hero classes, such as sorcerer, necromancer, archer, etc.
You can get some huge bonuses such as +4 magic when using the correct weapon (mana) colour.
However, there hasn’t been any overwhelmingly obvious synergies yet.
Plus, middle level people like myself have been building teams without heroes that work rather well (I have four legendary dragons, and three of them have all three traits) so we’d be “starting over” to make a team that works well with these hero stats.

But if you find a synergy or in fact need to use your hero, by all means do so.

2 Likes

Some teams that are missing a colour can be filled in with the hero with a certain colour with out breaking synergy as long as they are the right class for that synergy and from that kingdom.

Hey, which troop would fit best in the first slot of my team?
Here goes:
+2yellow banner
1)???
2)Valkyrie
3)Sunweaver
4)Soothsayer
my strategy is to buff with sunweaver the first troop

Hero. Just what the heck hero got a buff from the 1.9 class system. Use the hero.

That answer is pointless without also suggesting a class and a weapon. It’s almost as if you said “Use a troop”.

2 Likes

I’ll chime in and add anything purple given that is the only mana colour not covered by the other 3 troop types.

What purple weapon? Well that all depends on your level and what access you’ve had to the previous event weapons. I’d suggest an aoe focus (shackles/scythe or lower lvl equivalents).

Putting hero in the team - especially in this sort of setup - with the recent bonuses and boosts, is a sensible investment and helps give you a strong character to base your team(s) around.

You can then complete the hero class challenges which most suit your current setup (eg Forest Thorns - Hunter - Green Mana) and then gain a large bonus & unique weapon suited to the class etc.

Longer term once you’ve found a few legendary troops whilst completing quests and pumping money into your kingdoms, you can start refining your teams further. Even then your hero can be a great slot to fill a particular role which you might be missing in a team - quick clas change and a weapon swap and bamb they’re ready to roll.

TLDR; Join a guild, focus on unlocking all the areas before levelling any up (more zones = more chances for bonus resources) find a team which you enjoy playing, include Valkyrie in the setup once you’ve unlocked her and use your hero as main tank/dmg.

Pump souls into your hero for (imho) best current return on investment given its wide flexibility and gold split between aiding your guild and working towards boosting the overall lvl of your kingdoms. Again here spread the wealth and try to achieve a good overal average of investment, all zones at lvl5 for example will net you more chances of bonus resources (tributes) than a couple of maxed out towns.

I’m lvl 327 and only have 50% of my towns at lvl10. Set yourself small targets will also mean you are less burnt out by making small achievements - this game is about building a good foundation and playing the odds so to speak. Having more rolls of the dice - playing more battles at lower difficulties - having access to a regular amount of keys and souls, will get you there eventually.

1 Like

Hehe. Well, I’m not a beginner :)). In fact i am lvl117. I was looking to perfect that team.
I posted here 'cause i didn’t want to start a new thread :slight_smile: Thanks again for your time!

Depending your play style the Hero with Warlord and all 3 traits would be nice or a tank like Treant of Gorgotha (both also traited).

1 Like

To be fair almost any weapon for the hero would not matter or class, at least because what goes in the first position would get buffed anyway.

I didn’t know that and I was wondering whether maxing out a few was better than investing a little in all of them. I still have yet to finish the quests for all the kingdoms. Thank you!! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Since you’re human, you are smarter than the AI. So you want at least one troop that is flexible and will generate mana in an optimum way.

My first team was me + weapon, Elwynn, Blast Cannon and Dwarf Lord. None of them are very special, but it worked fine. Elwynn was the flexible one.

Some troops need to be maxed (the one in first place usually should be). Some - including most mana generators - work fine at L5-10.

Pick a team that gives you some options, and learn to deal with the enemies you meet.

1 Like