No point in completing all rooms in Delves

It’s not free though, you invest quite a bit of time. For room rewards no matter the multiplier i am pretty sure you get more rewards/time in pvp and that gets worse as you increase in delve levels, 'cause the games get loooong.
Obviously the title is oversimplifying this, you’d probably still take your chances for the delve chest upgrade% though do we actually have knowledge about how much the chest rarities improve the loot you find in them?
Anyway as far as room rewards go i could honestly not care less about some stuff i get in every other game mode probably significantly faster.

2 Likes

You’re right, it does require time. But the things you want to get from Delve Chest is Chaos Shards. It’s exclusive to Delve and its event, can’t be gain any other ways. So anything you could do to gain more of it is preferable.

Legendary/Mythic Ingots are also nice, but given enough time, you can gain the same from PvP and its Tier Reward, Raid/Invasion Tier, plus some more in Arena match.

Comparing Gold/Soul/Glory gain from Delve to other mode is not exactly fair. It’s not the main reward of this mode. So if players’ goal is that 3 currency, they better invest more time playing other PvP/Arena instead of Delve, as Delve will never be able to compete or replace those mode in term of basic reward.

1 Like

Yes the chest leg/myt Ingots are great, but so far i couldn’t really make out a relation between different chest rarities and their chance to give you those, just as for shards, which leads to this feeling of doing the rooms hardly being worth it.
If i get mythic Ingots from some lower rarity chest in a shortened run(hero died early, skipped 3 rooms to finish the run) and none at all from a level 8 chest in my second flawless and lucky run, it feels like you just wasted lots of your time with doing 6 rooms in such a run.
It’s even worse when you do all the rooms and don’t even get upgrades in your chest like @Fiara posted in her screenshot.

They really really need to streamline all of this more and add consistency to it so that you actually feel rewarded with consistent better stuff for doing all the rooms.

1 Like

One thing the devs could do is make the upgrade chance cumulative upon failure. Let’s say you do 20%, 30%, and 40% rooms in that order. If you miss the upgrade on the first room, then the next room would have a 50% chance. If you get the upgrade in the second room, the chance in the third room; if not, you have a 90% chance in the third room.

The drawback to this is that average chest level will be significantly higher across the player base, so they would need to reduce chest rewards to compensate. I’m not sure I want to make that trade, but when I need three consecutive upgrades in the final three rooms to get to chest level 4 I start to waver.

4 Likes

By that I completely agree. Right now RNGsus is deciding too much what reward each players get. Right now, Shards are locked behind 3 level of it; Chest upgrade chance, Delve Chest reward chance, and indirectly Portal’s Treasures drop chance. (as that will affect progress of Hoard Quailty, which in turn increasing your Shards drop)

It would be great for reward to actually reflect players’ time spent and their skill, consistently.