No point in completing all rooms in Delves

Or you use a few Delve tokens walking your “stalled” Faction back to levels that are easily cleared. Not the worst thing, honestly, especially if the event lets you upgrade your Hoard substantially. But I am not thrilled that the event and the underworld interact in that way.

Edit: I would love if a single Delve token would take you back arbitrarily far. So if your current Delve level is 100, you can spend a Delve token to go 20-90 (back), to repeat level 100, or to go ahead with 110. But we have seen that the devs do not like implementing customizable numbers as a general rule.

You can’t, the Delve level up automatically (even if you loose…):
The Delve will level up each time you start a new Delve attempt regardless of whether you completed the previous Delve, ran away or if you were defeated.

Where is this said? As this is not the case, the delve only increases when you complete a delve.

1 Like

Oh it’s about the Delve Event…
Here, Fight section: https://gemsofwar.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000360056-Faction-Events

Bother. I just went to the trouble of opening the beta test version, re-unlocking Hall of Guardians, and quickly losing some Delves to test this. I should have waited for you and your fast fingers.

1 Like

Thanks for pointing that out, it’s been fixed now :smiley:

:wink: I did a similar thing to confirm, but I can do it faster due to my shiny gem badge :smiley:

5 Likes

You can’t walk back delve levels regardless. The delve levels you have access to outside of the event are based on the highest level delve completed. One of the first things I did was complete a faction’s level 30 delve, then played a level 20 delve. My choices for the next delve remained 20, 30, and 40 instead of just 20 and 30 - my “current level” remained at 30. Not sure if it was different on the beta or if I need to be at least level 40 to lower my delve level, but thats how it works now. Hence my words of warning about pressing forward. I’d be less apprehensive about playing challenging (time consuming) levels if I could return delves to a farmable state when I didn’t have time, even at the cost of a slight amount of rewards.

3 Likes

Dang i thought we could keep doing 10 levels below current level to deliberately lower our level. Guess ill stay below 100 then

I will be able to test this in just under an hour, if @Ozball doesn’t beat me to it. What happens if you retreat from a Delve at level 40 or higher (such that there is a level lower than the current “minus one”)? Is it possible to walk down your difficulty, or do you eventually get stuck forever choosing between levels 490 and 500?

1 Like

They realized this error with dungeons. But thought we’d feel differently about Delving? :person_shrugging:

2 Likes

Thanks. I personally despise modes where my best strategy is to lose. For guardians I’ll keep trying to win at Max level. (Though I did a 1x yesterday) then for Eyes I’ll go with your plan. This is all super complicated and I’m trying not to over think it and just enjoy it.

1 Like

Personally, I see no point in stalling the progress if I’m sure I can still beat all the rooms in next level for maximum multiplier.

I only ever reach level 500 in Raid once in Khetar, due to amazing troop available. It’s still quite easy in that point when you choose the appropriate tools. In Delve, much more tools and gimmick are available to choose, so it should be managable even in max level if you study your enemies troops right.

Insta-kill, Devour, Deathmark, Mang-Series, and spell directly boosted by enemies’s stats will be your best bet. For example, Euryali + Scorpius can insta-kill anything no matter how many life points they have. You just have to be careful with troops that are immuned to poison, and not beat the room that would add undying trait to everything. Shadow Hunter + Ubastat is another interesting combo. Even if your enemies all have 1M life points each, your 100+ stats Shadow Hunter can still do 1.3M+ spell damage on first cast due to her awesome boost. Ubastet can help finishing off the remaining troops.

I’m sure there are much more options available in each Delves even if it’s restricted to 2 main color.

2 Likes

I guess Ozball has a life or something on Friday evenings, because he’s out living it and not responding to me. Which is just as well, because there appears to be no way to reduce the difficulty of Delves.

If you get to Delve level 500 ever, you can never do anything less than Delve 490. This is really, really concerning. I don’t even mind spending a bunch of Delve tokens slowly working my way from 500 to “whatever my all-Faction team can clear” (I would prefer to be able to jump arbitrarily far back, but I would accept one stage at a time). But never going back at all is going to cause all sorts of problems for a whole lot of players.

Was it said anywhere in the help pages that you can never decrease the difficulty? I missed it if so, and it’s kind of important to know!

2 Likes

Do you remember what the treasure multipliers were?

It would be painful if barely winning a level 30 delve and going back to do only level 20 delves meant 1/2 treasure every time, where if you never attempted 30 you would get 1x treasure from 20 every time.

What im afraid is if you progress too fast youll reach the point where its almost impossible to win with faction team and therefore miss out on the renowns. Im currently at level 90 hall of guardians. I dont see myself being able to clear the delve with faction team any time soon unless i somehow manage to obtain the legendary. And even with the legendary it wont be easy to beat level 90+, at least from my experience. You can legitimately lose to level 100 pet rescue even with decent teams

3 Likes

I think the counter to this is that a high-level hoard gives you ridiculous stat boosts. So long-term (and maxing a hoard is definitely long-term), even a weak team is going to have a decent chance vs. the level 500 team.

Incidentally, it will probably be very long-term before you care to get that final bit of renown.

A fully level 1000 treasure hoard gives 364 health, 363 armor, 182 attack and 90 magic… just a tiny bit helpful(!).

Seriously, it feels necessary if you are aiming to max renown for all factions

I think this is the design: if you want to 100% your renown bonuses, you have to get your hoard to at least some significant percent of maximum.

I think the reason we aren’t getting a new kingdom for “at least a year” is they absolutely do not expect anyone to come close to maxing factions for at least that long. That it’s sigil based means they can be a lot more accurate about it, and won’t have to be surprised by people with a lot of time. Sure, you’ll be able to buy sigils in the faction events, but eventually you’ll scale yourself so high you can’t go further until you pay the toll.

It’s all really clever.

2 Likes

This is exactly the scenario of the subject :neutral_face:
It makes me question as well since i hardly get over Level 4 on completion of delve…

I’m a bit annoyed by the thread’s name, so I want to clarify a bit.

• No point in beating all the rooms? As in your everyday 3 Delve play? No.

If you’re sure you can beat it, you should. Except the enemies’ bonus in that room will make you unable to clear all levels and beat the boss, then you shouldn’t. That’s why you should bring appopriate counter team.

You garantee to get extra Multiplier in every rooms you win. Chance to upgrade your Delve Chest level is not garantee though, but it worth a try. Would you accept free lotteries? Of course you would, why wouldn’t you?

Beside, your Delve attempt is already limited enough, why limit your reward even more if you have time/skill to do better?

• No point in completing all rooms? As in doing the no-dead and fraction team challenge? Yeah, pretty much.

Especially in Delve level 500, doing just 3 main room would be a lot easier. Why make your life harder than it is? Beside, you only need to do it twice to gain maximum renown at that level. In lower level, the same rule above applied, beat it all if you can.