No more Snotstone Events: Missing Epic troops - Indirect nerf?

After the first full week of AB: Gem value is a lie. Shorted 40 gems ( and that’s with the LESSER of the snotstone weekly) and got exactly two event & two gem keys for the week. I got more useful keys in ONE legendary task than the entire week of adventure board. Souls, traitstones, shards are NOT gems. To many, including me, they are worthless. They also have zero “gem value” because I don’t do them. That time is better spent on casual PVP, where at least I’ll get trophies & better gold.
The 12 gold keys, 60 glory & 15k gold i did collect, you can argue among yourselves about how much they are worth, but in NO way do they equal 40 gems.

I can finally reveal my situation now.
Since the Update 4.4.0.09, I had only main tasks that gave me 20 Gems each day - Kill 100 troops.
As for the side tasks, there was nothing of value or worth mentioning, there was one side task of higher value or rarity that gave me 100 Chaos Shards in the end, but that’s all.

I’ll keep you posted and updated on the situation, but one thing is clear even now.
The Adventure Board was created to conceal the fact that most of us are in fact getting less than more or the same. Also, no Event Keys were given. So, it’s more than just a nerf, it’s a big one, and it’s RNG-based, so this means we can’t really track it efficiently.

Disappointed in general. To fix this, you should (slightly) increase the chances of getting Legendary and Mythic tasks while leaving everything else intact - not nerfing anything else in the process.

I’ll say it again, you also need to increase the cap limit for the Event Keys.
It’s only 10 now. I think it’s fair that it’s set to 20 or 25, that would be the fairest solution.

1 Like

I don’t know, RNG aside, there are things I like about AB better than Daily Tasks and the Greenstone Events

1. No more “bad” tasks that I have to remove or wait to remove. The Construct one was terrible and it showed up a lot. Also, does anyone remember that terrible Khetar one for 100 souls? Or the Zhul’Kari one for 2 maps? I sure do. All were frustrating and/or a big waste of time. At least with AB, it’s 9 battles (usually) that are quick, and I can use whatever team I want.

2. Treasure Map events. Talk about wasted rewards there. Dude, I’m over 1300. I don’t have the time or energy to waste on those dumb things. Every time we got that Event, I would “lose out” on the rewards, because I couldn’t bring myself to play them. They are so boring and I just didn’t have the time to “waste” on them.

I know the AB system isn’t perfect. Some days I get Runic and Soul battles. But, to not have to deal with maps anymore and dumb tasks? I think it’s good. Plus, so far, I’ve gotten at least 20 gems a day from “Kill 100 Troops” alone. I didn’t always get that, back in the day, unless I hit that 75 battles for 30 task.

And, if I’m being truly honest, a lot of my daily tasks just sat. Whether it’s because they were “bad” and I didn’t want to deal with them, or because I just had too many other things to do. Now, it’s a few, quick and easy battles. And I can do the “Kill Troops” part, while doing everything else for the day, like: Dungeons, Pets, Invasions, whatever. It may not be perfect, but it is a much more “streamlined” process, and I appreciate that.

2 Likes

I’ve spent what, 2 weeks now waiting for “20 gems for 100 kills” to be removed but it keeps coming back. I don’t even do the traitstone tasks. In fact I’ve done so few I don’t have a comparison to the Khetar 100 souls one but I’m sure there’s something just as bad. You’re being dazzled by “new”.

I like to think there’s a way the devs could have removed the Treasure Map events without having to devote an entire update to overhauling tasks.

I get it. You like it and I can’t really tell you not to like it. But I wonder if the 100th time you get a Runic/Soul combo on the same day you aren’t going to start leaving your tasks alone too. (They’re watching. If you diligently do them every day the devs will high five each other and give you more like it. Note a reason they revamped is “daily tasks had low engagement”. So don’t engage with the ones you don’t like.)

I agree with this but they give 2 champion XP for basically explore fights.

I don’t like this adventure board. I would happily give it up for daily and weekly tasks but with them being so quick to do now I can see a lot more people doing them and we’ll never get the old tasks back.

Yeah, I do them for the XP, basically, and reward to time ratio for some of the tasks.

The part that bugs me is that aside from the top task, it’s basically another (really short) mode, like Dungeons (v. 2, almost) – something a lot of people do every day for the rewards, and is over before you know it.

I respect the analysis of the time/effort ratio for champion XP but a personal quirk of mine is I value “a chance to get something better in an adjusted AB” higher than “6-8 champion XP”. (But there’s not really an argument here, you’re more objectively right and I’m making a subjective statement.)

A small way to show displeasure is to simply not do the daily tasks that have no value to you. And yes, I know that this will mostly be end-gamers.
While it is true it is an easy 2 hero xp, so is casual PVP, which also gives better gold and a trophy as well.
If everybody just shrugs and does them anyway, then they can simply point to the fact that everyone is doing the tasks, what are you complaining about?

We are complaining because we are getting a perceived nerf to resources /gems/ but events that our guilds are pushing us to participate in still cost us the same amount of /gems/ and the painfull part is thatsome will spend money to keep up…which is exactly what the devs want.

But today in the Adverntures I have seen snotstones on Red troop characters - But no place to collect them

What is your top adventure task today?

Congratulations, you’ve received the task to kill 150 red troops. The reward will auto-collect once the task completes. You may want to farm red troops, while you have the task is active you’ll miss out on 20 gems each day.

1 Like

They should reduce those requirements to 100 kills.
It’s time consuming if you have to do more than 100 kills.

The task is intentionally time consuming so that it doesn’t get completed on single day. It’s really like a good magic trick, to average players it looks like they would get a huge amount of gems, while they are actually getting less than without that task due to working on it for several days.

Yes, and here’s where the deception kicks in. It should be lower, still.

Just by doing your daily stuff like AB, dungeon, delves, daily event (if there is one), and guild event then you will have a large % of it done already. Should only take maybe 10 minutes in explore at most to finish the rest.