New update - black maps

even the ‘sea’ effects are working… so the graphic part is all is fine, connection is fine, the game is playable, all good…so I really don’t understand - is just the background- why me?!? :sob:

I confess that I’m a bit worried about reinstalling the game, since there are sometimes issues after the updates to login and start the process again with the linked account and so on… :\
isn’t there anything else that you can suggest me apart from that? :disappointed_relieved:
I mean…is just the background, it should be a file or so, I don’t know why steam doesn’t seam to recognize something about it.

(thank you again)

Reinstall as a last attempt, but please do all the other steps.
As long as your account is linked to your email address and you know your password it’s fine, but if you have any issues getting your account back let me know and I’ll help you recover it.

1 Like

I’ve checked all the other steps and everything is good…so I’m going to reinstall it.
I’ll do it right away - I’ll tell you when I’m done and I hope to (finally see the world map!) :slight_smile:
thank you. c ya after learning how to match some colours and kill some peasants :smiley:

well, and now I’m having another weird and ridiculous problem.

it seems like Steam saves my info about the game, for 2 times I’ve uninstalled the game (and even quit steam afterwards) and opened it and installed it again.
Then I searched for the game - (it tells me the info about the game like how many hours I played - like I own it - but not, I’ve unninstalled it and it isn’t at my computer), I hit play, it installs the game…and I enter the game, the login is automatic (not like a new installation), and, as you may guess, yes the black maps are still there… and everything is like it used to be,

Now, what am I doing wrong? How can I do an uninstall ‘wrong’? :no_mouth: This never happened to me before! (…do I have to uninstall an reinstall Steam too?! it makes no sense but…I just dunno what more can I do).

Hey @anavsana,

Could you try changing the Graphics Quality settings in the Settings Menu?

If this doesn’t work, it could be a problem with your Graphics Card drivers, and they may need to be updated to the latest version.

If this doesn’t work, could you try changing the Set Launch Options section of this article to see if any of these help with getting the map to display correctly?

1 Like

Hi @GoldPhoenix0 ! already tried that - it was on the first suggestion page that @Kafka gave me …and nothing. :\

My graphics card is updated, I’ve tested…and if it wasn’t, I guess all the rest would not be working, since it’s just the maps’ background that is missing, all other stuff is working perfectly, I even can see the new ‘sea’ and the waves effect … yep, that weird.

How is this a bad thing?

2 Likes

:laughing: well, it depends on the user…but it’s a bug.

I think it is quite beautiful personally. Wish mine did that. :frowning:

2 Likes

Oh, I wish I could give it to you… :hushed::wink:

but indeed, from an artistic point of view, it’s quite nice, and pleasant. :yum: Now you got me thinking that it’s so original that I should stick with it… :smile:

1 Like

Forever. If you want the new map just go to Microsoft Paint, close your eyes, click swipe click swipe. When finished, open your eyes and take a poorly cropped picture of a mountain, twist it sideways, put it on the MS Paint thing you just created and boom, new map.

1 Like

oh my :smiley: is it that bad? I saw a glimpse of it already - did not pay too much attention, I was waiting for this bug to go away by itself to check it out, since mine has been always black since the upgrade.
But from the comments on this I guess that actually many would like to have the option of turning it into black…
Well, it’s always a suggestion for the Devs…

Idk if this helps but have you tried installing using another steam account?

1 Like

Humm, nope. But I guess if nothing more works I should consider it, I was just avoiding spending more time around this… since I thought it should be easily fixed.
Let’s see if there’s a way, or not.
thanks, @noob. :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s not necessarily bad, just different. Depending upon whom you talk to, you’ll get varying opinions about the visual quality. Naturally the most prolific and vocal posters tend to be those with the strongest opinions. I suggest you evaluate it for yourself once the bug is addressed.

2 Likes

I guess so…
For now, I’ll just think that it’s original and, as it seems, unique. :slight_smile:
Thanks @Lyya

It’s not just you, mine’s the same.

2 Likes

hi! really? black maps and the suggestions didn’t work for you too?

I got so excited thinking this post was about a new kind of dark treasure map were you could win different treasures/resources specific to the Underworld. Darnit lol!

2 Likes