New Potion Gems are not colorblind friendly on mobile

Unfortunately they are barely visible, you can see it on the green, yellow and brown potions, but the other 3 is just impossible to see

1 Like

On mobile s10e

Had to ss and zoom in to see this Screenshot_20210810-160135

So the shapes are there just not visible b/c of the “shine” art on the gem . So to see them I’ll have to ss , click off game and zoom in to see them everytime ? :sweat_smile:
Gosh please fix this dev team . I myself am not colorblind ,but I couldn’t see that shape at all til I zoomed in .

2 Likes

saw it only when Tibs mentioned it … very difficult to see especially when we play fast

1 Like

purple1
blue1
Yeah not visible in these ones even zoomed in . Thanks for mentioning @Tibo

2 Likes

A little help for the color blinds and the regular blinds :rofl:

little more help for the color blinds, the potions from left to right:
purple, green red yellow blue brown

6 Likes

OMG Tibs that’s what i call talent :rofl:

1 Like

LOL you can’t even see them :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Think this art is canon now

4 Likes

I vote for @Tibo’s potion art mod be added to in game. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

I like the new flask layout, but wouldn’t it be better if a recoloring item was added to the menu? So, for example,a person having a problem with red/green, can make red a little darker (or geen lighter)

Using?

Can’t think of anything better. Not a native English speaker either. :sweat_smile:

I’m not sure if those tiny little things were ever expected to be visible. If they were, well, obviously they’re not enough … I didn’t even know they were there.

I really hope there can be a fast fix for this so that people are able to get back to enjoying the game. I can’t even imagine the frustration they must be feeling about this. Seeing those screenshots of the various views for those who are color blind was really informative and very clearly illustrates the huge problem that this is!

2 Likes

I used the “exploit” word cause the decoration is used for something which was not intended and not supported. Idk how those who can’t see the colors do know about the mana colors on troops tho.

That’s a big assumption that the gems’ visually distinct decorations aren’t a deliberate accessibility feature.

A suggestion: make the flasks the same shapes as the corresponding gems’ symbols.

I just checked the other parts of the game.
Banners are good:

but troops:

Good luck with that.

Yeah, good call. How do our colorblind players deal with identifying what colors a troop uses?

(My color vision is OK but TBQH sometimes on mobile I find this a little hard to tell; especially in battle. Those pie segments are small; sometimes I end up bringing up an opponent’s card just to get a closer look at their mana colors.)

Not colorblind myself but outside sources like gowdb.com and taransworld.com list mana colors. Some may use that?

Exploit has a negative connotation, though. You exploit a bug if you know what’s happening is wrong but you still use it to your advantage.

I know what you’re trying to say but I don’t know a good word. I know there is one… If it comes to mind I’ll let you know. :wink:

I fixed it :slight_smile: