New member looking for guild

These will come with time, no worries. On Monday you should have seen a large influx of gems and other resources given to you by donations from your guildmates’ gold contributions.

The swords represent your attack — this is how much damage the card on top will do if you match skulls.

The shields represent a troop’s armor. This soaks most sources of damage until it’s gone, protecting a troop’s life (represented by the hearts you see).

If a troop loses all its life, it dies for that battle.

The link in my last post explains this thoroughly, so apologies if I’m still off-base and not actually helping with what you’re asking after (picture could help, but you know that).

I will say, though: you have to click around and read a lot at the start of this game if you want a full handle on things — there’s a lot to learn, because the game has been around a half-dozen years and is always adding more content. That’s what keeps folks like me around, because there’s almost always something fresh and interesting, but it can be a little daunting and somewhat overwhelming to people just starting out, like you.

Oh I know what the main stats are, and I apologize if I made it seem like I do not. My screenshot came out, and I can’t believe it was put in the folder it is supposed to go in. The enemies have the icons that I am talking about. The icons are on the right of the card.

1 Like

Those icons show unlocked traits; just click on the troop and you can read what each of them does. Once you upgrade your cards, they will have similar icons.
Capture

1 Like

Dust is totally right — and glad your picture turned out! :relaxed:

A few things I’d like to chime in to say about traits are:

1. Traitstones are way easier to come by than orbs, so don’t spend orbs on traits until/unless you’re 100% sure what you’re doing (and have decided in an informed way to delay your acquisition of Zuul’goth, which I basically wouldn’t ever recommend)
  2. Gathering traitstones can be a great way to improve certain troops, like the Atlanta I see on your team, especially if your team is struggling to beat a kingdom quest (for instance — her first trait is mediocre, unless you have to beat up a bunch of centaurs to beat the Divinion Fields quest. Her second trait is always good, because it makes her easier to fill up spell-wise, and the third trait is amazing because, although you’ll likely not use Atlanta much in the future, for now a 50% chance to bypass your enemies’ armor is a pretty big deal). Bonus that you’ll be getting souls at the same time!
  3. Traitstones spent on Hero Classes are some of the best you can spend, because you’ll use your hero all the time (and will eventually want to get each class to 100 anyway).
  4. It is way more cost-effective to use traitstones on a bunch of low-rarity troops rather than a single troop of a higher rarity. So, basically, unless it’s a favorite card you use all the time, don’t spend 16 arcane traitstones on a legendary — instead, you can use the same amount of stones to max out 5 Ultra-Rare troops that all cost 3 arcanes apiece. This will make sure you get kingdom power both more regularly and more quickly and will also likely help keep your whole team a little stronger (instead of just having one single powerhouse — which is GREAT! if it’s the right powerhouse, but definitely ask the forum before you spend big just to be sure. Most people here would know to say “Yeah, spend the stones” on Yao Guai, Glaycion, and cards of similar power and that you should “nah, hold onto those stones” for the likes of Fallen Valdis, Genie’s Lamp, or similar cards)

If I understand you correctly, do not use any of my orbs to upgrade any troop? Want about the ones that increase the level? Yes this game is hard to get a handle on, but I am slowly getting the hang of it.

1 Like

Orbs are some of the most limited resources in the game. Eventually, you’ll have extra to spend — but you’re not there yet.

You’ll thank me in the long run if you save them for now :wink:

Will do? Just wondering do you have any teams that are all the same race? Like all Elves or Pirates? What is the best way to use Luther?

No, I don’t really, but that’s mostly because I’m past the point of the game where that’s a useful thing to do, generally. If it works for you, go for it — synergies can really help early on!

If you can keep him alive, put him up-front and cast as often as you can to tank.

If he dies before you boost, then it’s better to have meatshields up front, cast Luther as often as you can while they soak damage, and then cleanup with skulls when your attack is really high.

Sorry to sound like a DUMNIE because I am. How do I cast? I have used him, but most of the time he dies pretty quickly. I must not be exploring the right Kingdoms because I am not getting Runes to add the Traits.

On Xbox you cast spells by holding LB (Left Bumper), selecting the appropriate troop with A, B, Y, or X, and then confirming any additional things (like selecting a target).

Runics can be hard to come by, but the more battles you get through, the more you’ll have. Patience is a virtue, in that regard.

Also be aware each kingdom drops stones of different colors. Divinion Fields drops yellow (wind) and purple (magic), for instance, so if you’re looking to have, say, browns or blues for Luther, you’ll want to explore elsewhere (Broken Spire).

Thanks. So you can control the troops.I could not find anything about the controls. I know there are a ton of videos to watch, and I have watched some of them, but I have not watched any for this game. With my luck I usually get a video that is for the pc or a very trashy person which I hate. So far I have gotten a lot of help from friendly gamers which is a breath of fresh air. When I can spare the gems I’ll get one of the high end armor, the one that is 50%, 100%, and 50%. I just ended an exploration which took about 40 min. Didn’t win. If you were to get all the collectables for a battle would you get anything for it.

If you beat the mythic fight you’ll get tokens, yeah. But don’t worry about that for now — you’ll get the best ones for new players at the end of this week from collecting rewards from the World Event. The event medals will become medals of seasons, boosting all your stats except magic on all troops (you’ll see them equipped at the top of your screen once you have them).

Don’t equip any medals to troops just yet. It costs way too many souls and gives very minimal benefits to anyone who isn’t basically already done with the game.

What about the orbs I think it is the orbs to trade in for guild seals? I have acquired 3 medals which I have used and they are in use at the top of the map.How do you get honor?

1 — Orbs for guild seals you can turn in, but don’t spend the seals unless the Guild Chest is Level 6 (If U6 doesn’t achieve this, we’ll coordinate to get you a temporary spot in one of our guilds that does so that you can open what seals you have with the best chance for getting good stuff. Will have to wait for after Guild Wars, though)

2 — Congrats on the medals!

3 — Global chat is where you can trade honor. Give and get it to and from as many unique accounts as you can, and you’ll progress at the most rapid rate possible. If you say, “Hey, Magnus” in Chat Channel 753, I can get you some for free today.

I do not have headphones to chat, and I am find where I am at as far as the guild goes.

You know what surprises me? When I got the game the first thing I looked for was the controller layout which I could not find. If there was, I would have known about the different functions for using your troops in combat. Now that I know how to cast I am progressing much better. This is a dumb question, but any tips on the treasure room? Is there a trick to the trade as they say?

1 — Guild Chat is different from chatting on a mic. It’s text-based, and you reach it with the BACK button (the one near your left stick). I’m never there because there’s no reason to be besides trading honor, and I’m already maxed. But it’s the only way people will find you often enough to get you that progression.

1 — By “Treasure Room” I assume you mean Treasure Hunt (accessible via maps?)? If so, just get as many green chests as you can. Match at the top to get extra turns (cascades you actually don’t want, because you’ll “waste” extra turn opportunities).

3 — Using your cards’ abilities really does make it easier, huh?! :joy::sweat_smile:

I forgot to ask, what are the guild tasks that require you to contribute gold?

Those help guildmembers pool resources (gold) in order to collectively get other, more useful resources (like gems, gem keys, etc…).

Basically, it’s income tax to make sure the guild members all have roads.

BUT! You, at your level, should ignore them, and just collect the bounty that others provide. Your gold is much better spent on yourself, getting your kingdoms leveled up (first get all of them to Level 5, then get each to Level 10, one at a time). Once you’re more established, you can pay it forward in the same way — if we invest in you and you are a good return on investment by someday being able to contribute beyond the minimum, awesome! If you leave before them, no worries — just enters the “charity write-off” portion of my brain, where we’ve done a nice thing by helping people have more fun than they would have otherwise, and that’s good enough for me :slightly_smiling_face:

Almost every time I use Bound Dredge I must be picking the wrong column because it backfires on me. I want the column that has the green gems, right? When you get the vault in the treasure hunt what do you usually get?