New Faction - Amanithrax

It probably won’t even need a Sirrian. This looks like somebody botched the room configuration for the boss room, they just need to correct two values (chest chance and room multiplier).

On the bright side, I haven’t seen anybody complain about spelling error this time. :astonished:

Please post a screenshot of your Room Treasure Multiplier and Current Chest, both before and after the boss room battle. Going by the ones you posted you may not have understood all details of the bug.

I just tried it on PC using usual daily scrolls and it’s not fixed.
Before the boss room:

After the boss room:

1 Like

One Gobtruffle by itself isn’t even all that good.

They also bumped up its mana cost from 16 to 17 when they added in the mixture.

But hey, you thought the 5% chance to spawn a Harpy was a great idea, so what do I know? I have a guildmate that would applaud you for getting her stuck in a 4 hour faction fight.

5 Likes

But hey you always find something to cry about every delve, or too hard, or too boring, guess if someone would be appy about the ocean lvl raising would applaud you too.

The summoned harpy’s not having the third trait got patched quite fast but hey! being the first to climb the LB make wonders for the epeen :3.

1 Gobspammer NOT by himself will do wonder in many teams where hardly someone will put a gem creator that can hand the AI a osom board.

Ps: forgot, if “your guildmate” made to 500 before harpy’s being patched mean he used pots too (and quite some of them) and in that case summon or not was a really easy delve using aoe instead of istant kills.

It’s pretty weird, it feel unlikely PS4 got a fix, especially just for half the issue. Maybe the PS4 version is hard coded to add a chest level on completing the boss room, ignoring the room configuration?

It wasn’t patched during the entire event where it mattered.

P.S. I’m still waiting for Queen Xochi to take over the PvP meta because she kept her original summons % and you can stack as many as you want on your team.

Still waiting…

No, it wouldn’t. It creates a mixture of 15 which is about as reliable as the Guild Guardians, only Gobtruffle has a mana cost of 17. Best case scenario, its still 9 mana cost with The Maraji Queen which the AI wouldn’t know how to properly cast.

Even if it got extra turn setups, its not hard to stop it with freeze. Most good teams can win before it would get 9 mana.

I am pretty sure if something would be broken in such a way that we would get more benefits, so, things in our favor, they would probably use a time dilation machine to prevent this.

3 Likes

They fixed it during the event actually but nvm.

And about that new gob i am not talking about defs but for attacking, for def the megabugged Orbweaver with L&D is good enough (got more videos of Orbs summoning spiders even if NOT taking any damage).

And btw dont create 15 gems but 16 + 1 for each deseased enemy (that he provide himself).

Used them for a while (with delve weapon too) on that event and once you get started hardly they stop and anyway as said, supersafe to use, no good boards for AI ever.

@Fourdottwoone dunno, i had kinda just started the event and had that sudden 0,35 mb download, so it may be the fix or not, dunno, still, on ps4 the boss room give 4 lvls with 100 hoard.

They don’t exactly tell us “hey we think we might’ve broken the game for no obvious reason can you check that please?”

This is old content that broke for, again, no obvious reason. Not our entirely-unpaid job to play each event twice and make sure. Our entirely-unpaid job is to test new content and yell at the devs that its bad until they make it less bad.

5 Likes

I am not sure, but as soon as I finished Level 20 Delves, The Chest is set as Unknown or (?).
Is this intended or not?

I recorded a video and I will upload it in my next post shortly.

Nvm, nothing is fixed on ps4 too, yes, i got 4 lvls that run above but then (seen we was talking about it in guild) paid attention and last 4 runs always got 3 lvls.

We tought for a lil that maybe only reaching lvl 6 chest before boss it was “working” but just now a guildie had lvl 6 before and lvl 9 after.

It’s just rng , let’s say so ;3

There was one “spelling” (technically, “usage”) error, at least.

Didn’t grab a screen, but at one point during the quest the bumbler-knight says “form” when he intends to say “from”

But l suppose he could just be sloshed XD

Cheers! :clinking_glasses:

1 Like

I’ve tried reaching out on my super secret dev line and got nothing yet. Its late in dev land. Wait at least six hours from now before expecting anything, and six hours after that I would say its gonna be screwed until Monday.

Until then there isn’t really anything we can do except wait. And either avoid doing the event or do it and eat the negatives in light of the fact they’ll (probably!) have to compensate for this. I am opting for not doing it yet, easier in case they fix something later.

I’d probably also wait it out till the devle rolls around in a Tuesday event. Unfortunately I already bought shop tiers prior to stumbling over the boss room issue. :unamused:

There’s an obvious reason, and it’s one more item in a long list of indicators the dev team has atrocious practices.

What do we know about the next version? Something is changing about Delves with respect to making faction v. faction fights easier. So we know they’re tinkering with the Delve code and it’s possible “easier matches” means “rebalanced rewards”.

When a new version is relatively close, and the new version involves tinkering with a game mode, it’s almost always true at some point that mode breaks in the “normal” game. GW gets wonky, PvP gets wonky, a troop we’re not supposed to see appears, etc. They usually fix it pretty quick.

But that suggests they don’t really have separate production and dev servers. Instead, whatever’s running on the server turns things on and off based on client version. If they forget to put a check for the version in, then some amount of that feature’s code runs for all of us. But since it makes different assumptions about the world, and probably not all of it is enabled, weird things happen.

So they probably have internally changed something about how Delve rewards are calculated in 4.5. It may not even be changed so much as “the data structure that describes it has changed and put the reward information in a different place or format”. The client gets all its data in the form of JSON. In general, when something parses JSON and expects a property that isn’t there, the only sensible thing to do is whatever your language analogue is for “undefined”. By default, the most common C# JSON parser uses “the default value” for a type, which is 0 for numeric types. Ta da! This is how we visually get a 0 reward.

The code that actually calculates the reward is a thing that pays players, so it probably got more scrutiny. That section of code is properly checking which version of code to use. Sort of. It gets the +3 from the hoard right, but is also impacted by the +0 instead of +1 from the other bit of code. Ta da! That’s how it sort of works.

“No separation between dev and production” is a pretty grade school project smell in terms of software development. Even middle school projects take points off for it. GoW constantly demonstrates why it’s a bad practice, from accidental releases of code to inability to describe what features are actually in a patch until the client is downloaded. I’d be surprised to find out they even have source control or a formal ticket system other than some post-its on a wall and zip files with dates on them.

I’ve been staring at the 4.5 beta for a bit now and can safely say there is no reason they should have had to change the code for anything in the delves. Certainly not on live. Doesn’t mean they didn’t screw it up anyway, of course.

All of this is regardless of whether or not there is anything in the beta that does what we want it to do. Which is, lets say, very subjective.

1 Like

Yeah know all the issues we’ve had, quite a litany of those. Still worries me how a business releases something at end of Friday and then rolls home for the weekend… bit of a wing it job…

Suppose it’s like a ferry lliner setting off with cargo doors held on by gaffer tape - (tape’s solid must be strong stuff, bound to be okay) all’s good folks, off ye go, seeya when you get there’…

They’ve definitely had to mess with the code even if you don’t see the changes. They are working on changes to make the all Faction teams easier. So little changes at a time until the final asset download if it’s not on 4.5