New Faction - Amanithrax

Don’t get me wrong, we all make mistakes, and we can all forgive
But when the other side makes mistakes consistently due to carelessness more than anything else, apologies mean less every time
It’s become a running joke among a lot of players…”ooo update or new event, wonder what they’re gonna mess up this time”
That’s a pretty lame reputation to have for any person or entity
I try to compliment them when they do well, to put more weight behind my negative comments
Unfortunately the latter is more common

3 Likes

Surprised it isn’t worse the way they test (or lack of).

Heads up. 7:30am here in Aus. So still a few hours before Devs will be around usually

1 Like

I don’t agree with Fleg. I don’t think it was obvious. It can be seen in the stream if you’re paying attention and tracking her multiplier/chest level, but she never views the boss room’s reward card. If she did, then it would have been evident that it was bugged with a 1x multiplier and 0% chest upgrade.

But I suppose if you have a keen eye, you can tell the rewards are wrong from the half hidden card. You should be able to see the part of the multiplier, and 00% for the chest upgrade.

Yeah I feel

• You’d have to REALLY scrutinize the card to realize that it’s bugged from that.
  • We don’t go to Salty threads to do visual QA of the new features. The discussion about tattoos, coffee mugs, and hair paint is part of the show. It is a fun place to be shown surprises and crack jokes. If it was Salty’s visual QA hour it’d be work and 90% of the people who attend wouldn’t.
  • It’s not my job to test new content. Or anybody else’s, apparently.

That is a great summary of the beta testing. XD

6 Likes

That is 100% voluntary. And like most volunteer gigs… services go unpaid. Claim it as community service… You don’t need to clarify which community its for.

I never said it was obvious. I said it was evident. Just pointing out the fact before anyone would say the usual excuse of weird things sometimes happen when things go live.

Just popping in to let you know that the team is aware of the issue, and that it will be fixed on Monday. We will also be mailing out compensation for the missed Chaos Shards.

Unfortunately this isn’t an issue that can be fixed remotely, so we are doing our best to get it sorted asap.

11 Likes

You know, I almost added to my post something like: "Now before anyone chimes in with the fact nobody watching the stream noticed either, I say that there’s a big difference between watching a stream and it being your literal job to check for mistakes.

1 Like

I don’t think this would have been an easy thing to pick up on stream, whether by me or the viewers. And the purpose of the stream isn’t QA, it’s for previewing upcoming content and having fun.

9 Likes

Wonder what kind of compensation, probably 1 gem key lol

Don’t forget though it’s not just chaos shards people missed out on. By reducing the chest lv and the multiplier all rewards were affected. Gold, glory, ingots EVERYTHING.

6 Likes

It’s a bit unfair to make assumptions. You never know they may surprise us all.

2 Likes

Are you able to share any information on how compensation will be calculated? Number of delves completed or tiers purchased, maybe? I think people would feel better about buying tiers if they had a rough idea.

Thanks for taking the time out of your weekend to keep us in the loop!

3 Likes

I already bought 10 tier 7, figured cause weekend wouldnt be fixed, so kept going.

Glad I didnt hold out waiting for a fix like some other did, and compensation is always welcome.

Thanks for the update Salty

1 Like

If the compensation is a blanket one sent to everyone, then waiting for the fix is still the best move.

It wont be fixed till monday. Will most likely be over by then, or have so little time to do it, it might as well be over.

Of course it will be a blanket 1 sent to everyone.

And I dont have the time to finish the delve if I wait for the fix, so therefore Ill finish the delve now and take the basic comp that is offered

Monday morning fix, provided done within 2 hours of office opening, should leave about 6 hours for people to do the event.

1 Like