Nerf Ubastet - he is overpowered

I actually beat the Ubastet meta with my yellow team pretty easily (Gorgotha, Terraxis, Famine and Abynissia) BUT I’ve had a hard time with it on every other GW day so far.

Every board I have gotten in GW against the Ubastet meta has had a bunch of possible purple to yellow 4 or 5 gem matches for Mercy, which means you pretty much have to use Spirit Fox to stand a chance. Spirit Fox is def the best against the Divine meta teams because not only does he drain their mana, but he also removes all yellow gems.

1 Like

This was my feeling today. I faced 2 different Ubastet teams and actually lost to the one I think is weaker. But they got several cascades and free turns and I didn’t. Sometimes that’s what the fight comes down to.

3 Likes

Still unreliable: Spirit Fox just drain one opponent, and by removing a color more often then not gives a nice bunch of 4 matches to the opponent.
So you drain Ubastet and watch Infernus match reds and purples…

So far Psion is the one who helps me the most.

4 Likes

Mana drain and barrier are your friends against Ubastet.

I also hear that the devs have hooked up our Forum accounts to our GoW accounts and skew the luck against any whiners who demand this-or-that troop be nerfed.

I don’t know if it’s true but that’s what people are saying!

Best to play it safe and stop kvetching and demanding game changes every time we lose a match! :zipper_mouth_face:

5 Likes

Lol - this is Trump of War now.

Silence all critics, troops being unbalanced is Fake News!

*eyeroll

5 Likes

Just our regular internet everyday.

I can’t even make a joke about “Make gnolls great again” because they never were… :expressionless:

2 Likes

Snowflake :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: jk

2 Likes

@Venar

Aside from mirroing the opponents team, I have the most success with:

IMG_3664

The Soul is the Star here, the Divine team has almost all troops have greater than 15 mana, so you can chain cast on each opposing troop to keep them locked down. Divine Protector can be a pain as it sits at 14 mana, meaning another match is required before you can drain another threatening troop.

This team also incorporates all the requirement needed to counter the Ubastet, high starting life (though mine are still under 150 effective HP, so still gets one shotted grr), ability to gain life and also to barrier troops (relatively) easily. Also adds staying power and utility by freezing and summons. :slight_smile:

How I play it is to rush the Soul, then just steal the opponents manas as required. Jotnar one shots once you have a couple of troops with barriers. Mainly always cast Hyndla on the second troop to freeze the first, then cast Jarl. The freeze should stop them gaining all the mana on the board if Jarl misfires. Though it is a pain if the opponent hero has that Purification talent, it appears to cleanse all on yellow or four matches?

4 Likes

Lol, i know its a joke, but a game like GOW can go from star to shit very fast with a stunt like this.

Also, as long as they put imbalanced troops into the game, people will complain and its their right. Besides that, feedback is always valuable, so i don’t think it works against them in any way.

2 Likes

The only thing wrong with ubastet is him killing more then 2 troops. This needs to be fixed asap!

What is taking so long to fix that?

2 Likes

I think ubaset needs a buff…
explode the board when he cast his spell. lol

5 Likes

Sounds like a buff ubastet thread needs to be started :+1:

6 Likes

Ubastet is a b*****d.
Anyone who puts him on their PvP defense team should be sentenced to 30 days in purgatory where all they are allowed to play is Treasure Hunt!
:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Now you’ve done it…

Bone Dragon, Maw, and Famine are demanding buff threads of thier own :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

30 days of treasure hunt?
I wouldn’t wish 1 day on my worst enemy.

You are one cruel cookie.

4 Likes

I have two ubasetz on my def team hehe

Edit: just noticed you gave uba 5 stars nice

1 Like

I put him on my defense team just so whoever uses him on defense can sometimes feel the same annoyance too (sorry for anyone who doesn’t and fought me).
I’m not good at grinding and i get easily bored so he’s a pass for me on offense.

Anyhow for the punishment…
I wish this game only had a treasure hunt :joy:
30 days sound so short!

1 Like

Umm, 5* because profanity not allowed
:joy:

1 Like

Still it’s five ***** No Take Backs :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Honestly, I think draining mana might just be the counter to Ubastet everyone’s looking for.

When Ubastet came out and everyone was talking about how devastating he was, I was slowly growing concerned for the time I would eventually face him. After the first initial ‘oh my god what happened to my team’ reactions… well, I don’t want to say he’s underwhelming, because he’s definitely one of the few troops that make me sit upright and pay attention because This Is Important*, (* the other troop is an unexpected Pet Gnome :wink: ) but I found that if used correctly, my Champion of Anu more often than not effectively neuters Ubastet and leaves the rest of the team floundering, even if Ubastet has already managed to rip my team in half.

I’m not saying it always works; it’s not a perfect team and does lose, but if it can take three attacks from Ubastet and still win, it must be doing something right, and I believe it’s the Mana Drain. I’d also say it’s the Silence as well, but Mercy can dispel that if she’s on their team.

1 Like