Nerf Ubastet - he is overpowered

That is indeed an interesting observation. Why does Donald Duck put a towel around his waist when he gets out of the shower?..He doesn’t wear any pants.

To dry his feathers obviously.

1 Like

Maybe it’s more of a wet tee-shirt situation.

That’s my nephew were talking about :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Looks like Suna will counterbalance Ubastet by stealing 8 magic from him. Should be release Jul 6.

depending on the team.

In the most popular team, Hero, Infernus, Ubastet, Divine Ishbaala (in some order), it wont. Hero and Ishbaala are considered the 2 strongest, Infernus and Ubastet are considered the 2 weakest until something gets poked.

Did you mean:

Hero
Suna
Ubastet
Divine Ishbaala

Suna is just the filthy lovechild of Yao Guai and Draakulis but somehow also a Divine at the same time

1 Like

I would class myself in the ‘endgame’ at level 1149 and have almost all troops.
Yet I’m nowhere near the 150 effective HP you say your troops have. Yet my attack is very similar. Though there is the 10% buffs this week.

For me every opponent Ubastet cast is a double kill of my troops.

Hero is Dragonguarding currently so not full divine team I know.

4 Likes

there’s a bit of a difference between 3 Divines and 4 Divines

4 gives +9-12 Life and +9-12 Armor. (with the Pigeon)

So adds another nine effective HP. I’m still nowhere near 150+, even with 10% this week…

2 Likes

Same than @Drathas. My troops full life/armor are getting one-shot…

The only way to counter is to kill a enemy troop to reduce the attack bonus of Ubastet…

2 Likes

I assume he fields a Priest hero (the 78/94) and speced into 4 armor for all and also 3 Divine bonds in his team for 6 extra life at battle start. That or something different entirely.
How he arrives at +27 life teambonus i have no clue though.

1 Like

Then you are losing potential stats and that’s not “endgame” play. You wouldn’t put a skull-based damage team against an Entangle team, so don’t take off your armored socks when wading through a million Ubastet teams. You need every point of life you can get because even without Ubastet, Infernus is going off over and over and over again.

Also: class change should not cost 50 gems, especially during a class event.

See stats for full divine team, nowhere near 150eHP. :wink:

The point wasn’t to show an “average” team. The point was to show the most powerful team I had easy access to: mine.

Those stats were not pulled from the troops screen. They were pulled from combat. That does mean they included this week’s 10% boost to Divines, an oversight that I meant to correct. I think the Troops screen also omits some other things, that my Ubastet has an entire 10 more armor than yours makes me sure of it. (Unless you’ve leveled no Armor kingdoms?)

That said, one of my favorite things is when the CPU Ubastet swings and misses. I survive them frequently if it’s not later in the game. By turn 4 or 5, I can assume I’ve taken at least 12-15 damage from Burn, probably 30-40 from skulls, and at least 30-50 from an Infernus cast. In that context I know Ubastet will double-kill my troops. So I like for my Ubastet to be faster, and I like for every member of my team to be so potent I think I might win with any 2 of the 4.

In that scenario, Ubastet is actually my weakest teammate. Infernus topples teams. Ishbaala devours worlds. Dawnbringer destroys and defends. Ubastet is a cannon that can only hit 2 targets at a time.

Which only needs to cast twice to kill a whole team… So even if you gather no mana for other troops that may accelerate him quicker, you only need to gather 33 mana to eliminate an entire team.

That is one (1) more mana than obtaining one (1) Worldbreaker cast. Worldbreaker needs to needs to cast, at minimum, five times to wipe a team. So about 150 mana.

Targeting the weakest troop is such a cheap and easy condition to trigger the other instant kill that in reality it isn’t actually a limiting factor.

2 Likes

I’m talking about the scenario where 2 of my team have been killed by an enemy Ubastet. Due to its makeup, if I have 2 troops left it’s either:

• Infernus and Ubastet, which usually wins because Infernus can accelerate Ubastet.
  • Ubastet and Dawnbringer, which is not able to accelerate itself.

Ubastet is the only member of my team that can’t accelerate himself or others. (my hero has tricks.) So he’s the worst one to be left with if my other accelerators are dead.

Targeting the weakest troop works against him in this case. When this happens I really want to choose who I kill, usually Infernus. It never works out that I get my wish.

Faced it today on guild wars.
The opponent had massive bonus from guild and sentry, so all his troops had between 75 and 117 starting HP with corresponding high attack.

So even with all the best intentions, control, or whatever luck I could summon, it was impossible to beat it enough before he got 11 mana.

I think that, since launch, this is the hardest team for me yet. Goblins, Troll-Kraken, Justice League, PFDF, etc, all had specific counters.

This one does not, as all troops are dangerous, it’s synergy is perfect, it’s just a mess.

I’m curious what people use against it for REAL (and not some made up stories to protect their toy from nerfs like « Spirit Fox » )

Some use Ubastet themselves and claim it’s all balanced.

3 Likes

//raises hand
I was getting bored of playing PVP until I got Uba :joy: It’s nice to feel all powerful every so often, but at some point I want to go back to actually having to think of a team to counter with.

2 Likes