Nerf Ubastet - he is overpowered

If it makes you feel better…

1 Like

I hate to tell ya this, but forest guardian who is a divine/beast also gives beasts 50% mana for his trait and was actually the first troop to do so if I remember correctly. Even if the divines would not use him at that point, there are many others that are still plenty powerful enough. Also, beast teams would use wulfgarok and ubastet, and you know what that means…

5 Likes

Gawd Dang it all to heck! A Beast/Divine???

I missed that.
It does make me feel better .

But to me it’s not just the divine part.
The spell itself is out of balance.
Remove Divine and people will just use quick Explosions to fill it anyways.

Instead of dying on turn 2 it will be turn 3 really.

2 Likes

Thanks @Fiara - I was searching for that for a while to post here but couldn’t find which of the 20+ nerf ubastet threads it was in so I gave up.

No worries vanyel :blush:
My guild members were asking the same so it was a screenshot i took a long time ago (see it’s 9h probably add another 14 days on top :joy:)

I wonder if there was any progress on the “monitoring”.
I’m sure data will suggest that he has been overused in pretty much any team by now.

I was minding my own business playing a PVP match last night and I lost a battle. The Devs need to investigate why I lost that match and if they find the troop to be over powered then a Nerf is in order. I’m not supposed to lose a match because it makes me sad.

2 Likes

Losing is part of the game, when is everyone going to realize this? :man_shrugging:, well not everyone. Just some of the player base…

I have been playing around with this team lately. Seems to shut them down. Dragon hero. Loop valkyrie to build magic. Fire korvash if needed. Enjoy.

And not all balancing threads are created because people can’t win the meta.

This is the exact reason why i don’t participate much in these type of threads due to the biased accusations thrown at each others.

I have a offense team that has a win rate of 95% against the meta.
My defense team not containing infernus or ubastet has a higher win rate then losses.
I have all the components of the divine meta.

The only reason i call out a balance is the variety i want in pvp.
I play 3 trophies only (unless a revenge is involved) and when i encounter the meta team 8-9 times out of 10 games the fun aspect of the game has already gone and even an idiot knows then ubastet and co. are overly abused and overly powered.

Yes, i can change my divine counter team to add more variety (at least at my end) but no one plays this game to deliberity lose.

8 Likes

I don’t think pvp will ever stray away from the majority of players using the meta teams on defense unless some sort of pvp revamp took place.

In any game it seems to be what people do. All we can do as individuals is set something else for the next player to enjoy to break the cycle.

I’d like to see more idea threads personally. Change. It can happen. Everything else has so far so we can only hope for the best.

Sorry if I offended anyone or came off harsh. I’m tired of it too but I just push through.

It is what it is.

1 Like

“You don’t want it nerfed because it’s the only way you can win consistently, what a noob!”

"No, you want to nerf it because YOU are the noob here and don’t have two brain cells to rub them together and create a team to beat it.

Repeat ad nauseam…

7 Likes

You know I’m usually a cool guy but I cannot help myself from replying to your stupid remarks.

Do you randomly access threads that debate nerfing/buffing and reply without reading what has been discussed? Because thats how it looks like to me. There are people here that spent their time and did the math behind Ubastet and guess what, it doesn’t look good.

Nobody is sad because they lost and nobody thinks that they should win all the time.

@rojo & @Santandrix → Read the content and shut the hell up.

But that’s exactly what most of us do, personally i have Ubastet, i use him to blaze through what were supposed to be challenging battles like the last stage of Pet Rescues, well as challenging as having to switch teams comes and goes. But aside from the Goblins i can “DivinUbs” every battle in seven minutes, in pvp the only consistent loss, like 50/50 i can take with this teams is against the same team…
… and only because the A.I sucks, that’s also the reason why “DivinUbs” can still lose to some other teams, despite the stacked advantages the Divines have.

Sometimes it feels like the devs are purpposedly insulting our intelligence with comments such as: “Metas rise and shift over time, we’ll investigate it…”
If it needs to be investigated, now instead of before, it means they weren’t aware about the consequences of the power creep on such cards, or they knew about it and released it anyway because there is a need for strong Mythics among the irrelevant ones.

I don’t know what is worse: Ignorance of faked ignorance…
Meanwhile we keep arguing over the same issues over and over still praying for some “bread crumbles” in form of kingdoms/troops reworks, bug fixes and QoL improvements that take half year, or more, to be done. And somehow it’s shocking when people get fed up with all of this and vent on the forums in… inelegant ways.

Personally i face it as a natural power struggle, one that could be avoided easily, but there’s never enough time to address it, so eh… whatever.

2 Likes

Maybe the spell wording should be reworked.

« Deal great damage, like, greater than Ketras or Pharos or Jotnar, and that does not depend on factors like allied Merfolks or Brown Troops, but depends on a stat that will be higher the strongest your opponent is, and deal that damage on the 2 troops that are the most likely to die from it. If one survives the hit, kill it anyways. »

:stuck_out_tongue:

And yes, add me to the voices of « I can beat it, but I actually would like more balance »

5 Likes

… souls collected, gold collected, any other kind of resource, multiple casts of spells, wargare allies, beast allies, gems of any color destroyed, gems of any color present on the board, enemy color, allies color…

… and this status is not one that descreases naturally in the course of battle like Life or Armor and even if it was…

It’s a paramount spell, even without Ishbaala support, so good that if the devs get rid of it we’ll see a great reaction from the players… If the devs release more things as strong as this the game can get out of control in power creep.

In my opinion we are already halfway out of control in power creep anyway, a troop to be even slightly decent needs to be Legendary at least, but there is no guarantee the base rarity means anything aside from how hard it is to get and ascend the troop.

It’s been a while since we saw Ultra-rares or Epics that can find decent usage for more than their weekly events (Raids Invasions).

The last one i remember being worth of any mention is Spiritdancer, cute art, gem’s transformer and good summoner.

Your never going to get balance in PvP until they implement multi defense teams that all have to be different. As it is now if you nerf a meta defense another one will just take its place.

I would rather fight the meta than the stupid 4 flame bomb teams any day. Yes the 4 flame bomb teams are a guaranty win but it is a unsatisfying victory.

That’s just another side effect from our watered-down semi competitive “PVP”, there is no reason to avoid losses, we are even rewarded by losing as much battles as we can… :rofl:

Which mythic is more overused??? Infernus or Obastet???

Infernus is more used, he is the good in any deck. Period.
But, he does not win the game in one cast.
I think he needs adjusting too, but a change to explosions would go a long way.

1 Like