Nerf Ubastet - he is overpowered

On XBOX 2 guilds had over 1.6 mil in guild wars and rank #1 was way over like maybe best ever so I guess some are having more problems than others with the META. If this was so OP then why are guilds breaking records in guild wars.

1 Like

Lol maybe they didin’t fight against the meta every day

1 Like

Take him off Divine and will be fine.

No, putting him into Soul Forge is NOT an improvement.
I´m tired choosing between Infernus/Infernus+Ubastet/Infernus+Ubastet trophy fights. After this week it will be probably Infernus+Ubastet/Infernus+Ubastet/Infernus+Ubastet.

Undoing the absurd buff to Divine Protector would solve a significant chunk of the problem. Not all of it, but it would be a big step in the right direction.

4 Likes

I agree with this in full.

While Divine Ishballa and Ubastet is part of the problem the Divine Protector accompanied with the Priest talent tree can power up in one turn and the absurd amount of mana it generates while leading Ubastet to the target is the biggest issue from my point of view.

Ubastet in the soulforge this week really is the least of the concern.
The only reason the divine meta is held back is due to the non-obtainable Divine Protector.
When that comes back into rotation and no dev interference were to take place we can only pray…

1 Like

I beat it almost every time. The times I don’t is when The AI ignores my extra turn and goes anyway. The card it tough and there are more just as tough but the fix is not to Nerf but to fix the extra turn problem. Mythics are supposed to be tough btw.

You should tell that to death, plague, war, suna, doomclaw, jotnar, wild queen , gargantaur, pharos, aurora

All of those mythics are good in their own way and have teams that are very powerful especially aurora,suna,pharo,and doomclaw.

1 Like

Yup they are so powerful we never see them

2 Likes

All mythics are powerful equally.

Some are just more equal than others.

1 Like

Just because you don’t see them in defense doesn’t mean anything. People in this game can’t come up with their own defense so they automatically put the meta up. 9 out of 10 fights is the meta in PvP. I use all of those on a regular basis.

1 Like

Nerf, don’t nerf, this is for someone smarter than me to decide, but aren’t you guys bored to face the same team all over again in 3 trophies PvP?

Nerfing ubastet won’t prevent seeing the same team over and over again. Another team will just take its place.

1 Like

I feel like there’s not a lot left to say or add, this is going in circles.

I think the group consensus is that Ubastet’s power-to-cost ratio is wonky. I think we agree that, outside of Divines, Ubastet is probably at an appropriate power level. I think we agree that, inside of Divines, EVERYTHING is amplified so much so as to be bad. From there, I think opinions diverge.

I recently got Famine and could FINALLY start playing with the Psion team that plagued the Heck out of me in the past. We went in circles about this team for a long time, too. And the devs did something, albeit slowly: a lot of troops were rebalanced and new Mana Drain/Mana Steal immunities were sprinkled throughout the game. It turns out this worked pretty good. It’s hard to eke out wins as the Psion team right now, because most non-Divine teams I could find are now equipped with something that hits hard and has resistance to me manipulating its mana. Several Divines teams are also incorporating things like Divinia, and that can really shut a Psion team down.

I have a feeling that’s what’s coming for Divines. Simple fixes like “tweak Ishbaala” tend to be unsatisfying. The team will still be powerful, just a few turns slower. Other fixes like “nerf Ubastet specifically” leave us with yet another mediocre mythic. What tends to be more exciting is, “Now there are a dozen+ troops with a new, specific mechanic designed to dismantle this team. Have fun.”

That encourages new teams, opens up new space, and means from here onwards there will be speed bumps for Divines. That lets devs continue to release powerful Divines, and lets us have more choices. But that kind of tweak tends to only happen during major updates. I’m curious if 3.next isn’t it.

1 Like

It is about time. This meta needs to switch to something else, it is getting stale.

Also, Ubastet meta is extremely silly, basically a single win button. On a bright side, it is fast and wins fast and loses rapidly also to anything with Crimson bat or some other good counter. No looping, no endless casting by the AI.

However, it does simplify the game to the point of being absurd. Which is hardly intended.

On console we had vjm for almost a year before it was fixed. And now the guild guardians are a joke.

This has only been a few months… do we really want this to happen again?

I haven’t lost or won anymore then I used to before. There will always be meta teams to follow another.

It is a game and bound to happen.

Not all cards are created equal.

4 Likes

Another team might take it’s place, but it won’t occupy the third spot of every single PVP fight selection. I’ve seen my share of OP decks, but never one that took out 2 troops if you didn’t out mana it in 2-3 turns.

Gotta go. They nerfed wizzbang in less than a week.

Yes it will that is the way meta teams work everyone uses it and so almost every PvP match will be against it. This will never change until they change the way PvP works.

But a lot of cards are poorly designed equally, mostly because they don’t fit in the “Exploding Storm Enviroment” still under review after what? Over a year?

I wonder, are things only monitored if we gather a chorus of people to point out that something is way over the curve? Haven’t they said they test things?

Ishbaala + Infernus should’ve warrant enough attention from the devs to avoid things escalating to this point

2 Likes