Need help to build new teams!

Hi everybody !

I’m actually thinking to build 4 new teams and I have no pretty good ideas for these.
I usually create a team with 1 lengendary under the banner of its kingdom and another troop from this same kingdom.
My Broken Spire Team (Luther, Sheggra, Valkyrie and Banshee), my Forest of Thorns Team (Brian, Gloom Leaf, Dryad and Siren) and my Zul’Kari Team (Goblin Shaman, SpiderQueen, Webspinner and Wright) work pretty good to me.

But now, I have difficulties to find a good team for my other lengendaries based on the same layout.
For Kerberos, I first though about Cockatrice + Acolyte + Hero with last new weapon, but doesn’t fit well. Then I tried Acolyte + Cockatrice + Emperina, but it was hard to up, espacially when the Acolyte is the first to die. So I tested with Acolyte + Rock Worm + Druid but I wasn’t satisfied. And last time I use Barbearius + Acolyte + Rock Worm and all the team died :cry: !
For Venoxia, I have no idea…
For Summer Imp, I think of the Alchemist of course, but that’s all I know ! I don’t know for the two other troops, for the banner (because Elemental doesn’t have banner).
And for the Keeper of Soul I haven’t think about yet.

If you can give me some advices or build propositions, you will make my day !

Thank you in advance !

Do you have Celestasia?
I use Kerberos with Hero with summer’s fury / Druid / Celestasia or with Celestasia and 2 Hobgoblins.

For Kerberos, there are two strategies you can try. The first is to get a drain mana or silence troop that can be targeted. The other is to give Kerberos some support troops. Both will help to protect Kerberos, as you want to make sure he doesn’t die or else you could be in big trouble. Unfortunately, no troop has a target able silence though.

Try this team: Hero (Bullroarer), Kerberos, Sparkgrinder, Druid

Sparkgrinder can really ramp up Kerberos’ attack even if it doesn’t get a devour… while making it more tanky. The same goes for your hero, which this will eventually make them very hard to kill.

Alternate team: Hero (Fire and Ice) , Kerberos, Spider Queen, OwlBear
A lot of the same premise as the first. This group has less buffing, but more enemy team prevention. Spider Queen will help to keep big threats from using their abilities, while Owlbear can help you decrease some big troops’ attacks. The fire and ice helps to give you a bit of extra life. The downside to this combination is that once your hero dies, you lose two of your mana sources.
Other troops to consider: Cockatrice, Rock Worm, Blast Cannon, Pride Hunter, Herdmaster, KegHammer, Templar.

For Venoxia, she is put in with Webspinner… a lot, however, if you don’t want to run a Webspinner, there are other possibilites to try… generally the idea is to make a ton of green or blue gems on the board and just get a bunch of extra turns.

Venoxia, Green Seer, Brian the Lucky, Templar: The problem with this team composition maybe that it takes too long to win battles and you may not have enough offensive threat. But the team can be very strong with just getting a bunch of extra turns. The one mana source you don’t use (red) is what the Templar gets rid of. You do need to make sure though that Venoxia does not die early or else this team is a bust… but Venoxia almost certainly needs to be in the first slot.

Venoxia, Brian the Lucky, Atlanta, Giant Spider: The premise of this team is simple, deal tons of AoE damage and watch the whole enemy team get withered down. The good thing unlike the other team composition is that you don’t have to deal with losing Venoxia and just losing the game… but you don’t have as much defense or ability to make a bunch of extra turns. Atlanta can also carry for you, so keep that in mind.

Other options: Flame Cannon, Blade Dancer (Venoxia won’t get rid of armor), Wight, Druid, Goblin Shaman, Rowanne, Wolf Knight (will deal 8 true damage per charge after using Venoxia’s ability once, if you don’t want to use Brian the Lucky, this should be almost auto include)

Summer Imp I can’t help much with… it was mostly just a seasonal troop and doesn’t really compare to well to the other legendaries… I would just say don’t use it… it doesn’t even have its own home town. If you really want to try though, poison troops and AoE (such as some of the hero weapons) can help get enemies low so the Summer Imp can kill them and spiral you to victory.

Keeper of Souls is not as good as it once was with the skull glitch gone, but it can still be powerful. Your main plan will be to have high attack and build lots of skulls on the board.

Luther, Keeper of Souls, Hobgoblin, Herdmaster : Every inch of my body wants to include Gloom Leaf in this composition… but this is a fine alternate. Herdmaster makes sure you get built up faster, Luther gives those attack spikes you may need. Hobgoblin is just a great overall troop that will fill out your mana curve, while also giving you another offensive threat.

Other options: Sparkgrinder, Lady Sapphira, Frost Giant, Acolyte (or many other single color gem creating troops to combo with KoS ability)… you could try Aziris too, but I’m not a big fan of this card.

Do you have Celestasia?
I use Kerberos with Hero with summer’s fury / Druid / Celestasia or with Celestasia and 2 Hobgoblins.

He said he only uses one legendary per team, so naturally this won’t work for him.

First, thanks a lot for your advices !

I may forget to say that I’m only level 147 (since today) and I have 25 for green and brown masteries and 24 for the others, so I don’t have all the weapons yet. My first event weapon is “Order and Chaos” and my event Troop is Terraxis. So I missed lots of good weapons and troops.

[quote=“Aelthwyn, post:2, topic:473”]
Do you have Celestasia? [/quote]

No, but I read that it’s now available in chest, so I cross fingers :wink: !

[quote=“Emoxes, post:3, topic:473”]
Try this team: Hero (Bullroarer), Kerberos, Sparkgrinder, Druid[/quote]

Really interressing team, but unfortunatly I don’t have Bullroarer. Any other option for the weapon ?

For Venoxia, she is put in with Webspinner… a lot, however, if you don’t want to run a Webspinner, there are other possibilites to try… […] Venoxia, Green Seer, Brian the Lucky, Templar[/quote]

I don’t have Green Seer and I was so close to get enough glory to buy it at the end of this event week… :cry:

Venoxia, Brian the Lucky, Atlanta, Giant Spider[/quote]

Same thign for Giant Spider and I do want this troop to up my home kingdom to 10 ! * Crossing fingers until I can get enough gems to buy magic keys *

Other options: Flame Cannon, Blade Dancer (Venoxia won’t get rid of armor), Wight, Druid, Goblin Shaman, Rowanne, Wolf Knight (will deal 8 true damage per charge after using Venoxia’s ability once, if you don’t want to use Brian the Lucky, this should be almost auto include)[/quote]

I guess other Mist of Scales Troops woudn’t work so well with Venoxia. That was my problem for the banner :pensive:
Rowanne seems to be a suitable choice. I’ll try to figure something out with all your options.

Summer Imp I can’t help much with… it was mostly just a seasonal troop and doesn’t really compare to well to the other legendaries… I would just say don’t use it… it doesn’t even have its own home town.[/quote]

You’re right for the banner. But I think it could be fun to associate it to Adana’s Troop, don’t you think ?

Keeper of Souls is not as good as it once was with the skull glitch gone, but it can still be powerful. Your main plan will be to have high attack and build lots of skulls on the board.[/quote]

I didn’t know about the skull glitch. What was it ?

Luther, Keeper of Souls, Hobgoblin, Herdmaster[/quote]

Don’t have Hobgoblin :cry: !

What about Skeleton ? It creates skulls and have an extra turn. Acolyte and Sapphira could be fun too but I was although thinking of Hero with War and Peace. What do you think ?

Anyway, a big big thank you @Emoxes for all this work you’ve done to answer me !

Really interressing team, but unfortunatly I don’t have Bullroarer. Any other option for the weapon ?

You could do Fire and Ice as well (not sure if you can get this). Just going off epic weapons, your best bet is probably Bullseye.

I don’t have Green Seer and I was so close to get enough glory to buy it at the end of this event week… cry

Like I said, a great alternate is the Goblin Shaman, just keep in mind yellows will be useless to you with this composition.

Same thign for Giant Spider and I do want this troop to up my home kingdom to 10 ! * Crossing fingers until I can get enough gems to buy magic keys *

First off, get a costume first! That’s what you want to spend your gems on first and foremost, just find a good guild and save up… a lot. Secondly, Druid still does great damage and runs on similar mana sources.

I guess other Mist of Scales Troops woudn’t work so well with Venoxia. That was my problem for the banner pensive …
Rowanne seems to be a suitable choice. I’ll try to figure something out with all your options.

The thing is that ALL of the Mist of Scales troops are just bad. The one exception (besides Venoxia) is Raven, but Raven has been getting filtered out due to new threats. Raven does work pretty well with Venoxia, but its generally a good idea to try something better.

You’re right for the banner. But I think it could be fun to associate it to Adana’s Troop, don’t you think ?

Maybe, but what else are you doing with Adana? With the summer imp you need to wither people down, none of the Adana troops really help with that. Alchemist can help get a lot of yellow but the Summer Imp needs a kill before its ability is worth spamming. Carnex is a great overall troop that works with almost anything… so there are better options, Flame Cannon uses its yellow and is only a good troop at filling out mana curves. All the other troops here are bad.

I didn’t know about the skull glitch. What was it ?

In 1.0.5, the Skull glitch made it so that if you got a big pile of skulls on the board (with Sheggra or KoS), the attacker would glitch and hit opponents multiple times instead of one big attack. This would make you not only deal more damage, but sweep all the enemy troops in a single blow! Their super high mana costs were made to try to balance this, but they have yet to make them a bit cheaper now that the skull glitch is gone and they are not as powerful.

Don’t have Hobgoblin cry !

This is why I gave you a lot of other options. But in this composition my other recommendations might not work. So lets look at other red/greens… you could try Scarlett if you are facing a lot of beasts at your level though. Something that might actually be good though (although I’m not sure you have it) is to put Sylvasi in front of your Keeper. This would really help get you attack for when Luther falls and to charge your Keeper, just keep in mind if you can do it is that you will lose yellows, meaning Herdmaster might lose some value. If you really want some poor man’s value, Dark Maiden has never been a bad troop.

What about Skeleton ? It creates skulls and have an extra turn. Acolyte and Sapphira could be fun too but I was although thinking of Hero with War and Peace. What do you think ?

So with Skeleton, you need to put it in front of your Keeper (or else its pretty much useless) and you want to get your Keeper completely free to charge since its mana cost is so high. A skeleton will make building up your Keeper a nightmare, and you may lose before you even get this thing charged, the thing with Luther is that it is a good tank, so it can stall a game a bit, and once it dies your attack values may be enough to save you even if you get into a disadvantage. Aziris gets to also use red. So War and Peace will actually work good as well, I prefer Luther because your Keeper will deal tons of damage, and that is your focus, not as much AoE since its kind of hard to pick off targets with Keeper in your team. Your goal is just to kill everything from the top down. War and Peace is still a fine option though.

I was extremely lucky and pulled Kerberos with my very first iron key, been running him the whole time. I use:

Deep Borer
Rock Worm
Kerberos
Elwin

Granted, Kerberos isn’t the lynchpin of the team, I’d have to say the Rock worm actually outshines him in a lot of cases. But all three other troops either generate a ton of Earth or collect a lot of everything. If you set your home kingdom to Khaziel and collect 2 bonus Earth mana on every match, Kerberos usually gets filled up on just the spill-over from Rock Worm alone. Typically I’ll use him as often as possible to target the other team’s biggest threat, beccause even without proccing his Underworld’s secondary ability, 10 damage can still ruin the opposing team’s day real quick.

And then there are days he gets hungry, eats 3 of the enemy team, works up over 70 health, 30 attack and you can sfart playing the Godzilla theme song.