My V.I.P days are over Until/Unless Explode is fixed

America is scary then…what the hell

1 Like

Buying into a product that changes and then yelling and screaming when it changes is not an issue of consumer rights; it’s an issue of entitled whining. ;p

11 Likes

Thank you, you nailed it.

1 Like

I wonder how many people get their money back from Blizzard when Hearthstone gets an update…

2 Likes

I live in Europe but i don’t think you can purchase a bag of apples, eat couple and then return them after a week telling the shop it’s gone bad :thinking:

3 Likes

No, I feel the explode mechanic needed a nerf, I said I assume the nerf came from infinite looping goblins. And from Troops like Azura paired with Skadi that could wipe you out easily if she starts looping.

Hey, there are those who whine like me, and those who for some reason are extremely blind to injustice.

Well i can only comment on what you write down here not what you feel or think.
Anyways we have to agree to disagree on that then, i think killing off a hundred or so troops that were already niche at best just to “balance” the handful of overperforming ones is a bad tradeoff.

5 Likes

It is what it is. Not my call, just something the Devs did that I hope adds some balance to guild wars, and other game modes. I stand by the fact that we get a lot of troops, try a different combination… It’s not all doom and gloom.

No need really, most exploders i used were never meta or particularily great it is just a playstyle i enjoyed. For quick efficient games i didn’t use any to begin with aside from Infernus now and then, who super surprisingly is alive and well, cares less about the recent nerfs than any other exploder troop tbh. oh just as Gobbos btw, just saying.

I believe you. My guess is gobs will be least effected.
But I’m glad the devs tried to do something.

I don’t see what the commotion is. My explosions still seem to fill up more than fast enough and so does the AI’s. I’m sure some things will shift but this is far from earth shattering. This nerf’s bark is much bigger than its bite.

1 Like

The “returning items to a shop” is an unhelpful analogy. GoW isn’t a product, it’s a service. You can’t return a service to a shop.

A better analogy would be your cable provider removing a channel, or your ISP downgrading the speed or data cap. They might say it’s so they can offer additional channels, or make sure everyone gets maximun speed at peak times, or because some people are abusing the caps (depending on which analagy you pick).

Can you get a refund on your entire contract? Or course not. Can you stop giving them money? Sure, at least where I live consumer law will get you out of the contract. But you can’t claim a refund for a service you already paid for and enjoyed.

In GoW, you don’t have the right to enjoy the game or any purchases in perpetuity. At some point the game will end.

6 Likes

You are 1 customer. In a sea of how many thousands?
Throwing your toys out of the pram because you feel hard done by doesn’t help anyone.

The nerf to explosions was necessary.
Infernus refilling itself? No thank you. That was broken.
I say that as someone who loves the troop and uses it a LOT!

Balance has been brought to the force.

2 Likes

@WishKiller Cyrup’s reply is the writing on the wall. The long term good for the game and for ALL players means that they are willing to sacrifice the players who have already spent their money by reshaping the game to create a new generation of spenders…with fewer expectations and 0 memories of guild wars every week and real gem rewards from LTs.

You, me, and every other “core player” with a high VIP level comprise a very small percentage of this game’s player base. We’re expendable. If you’re going to quit, then quit. I’m right behind you tbh.

6 Likes

Indeed and to do that all the Jedi Younglings had to die!

3 Likes

I’m not going to sugar coat it:

You are wrong, in several ways. GoW is not a desk or a hamburger. It’s a different kind of product. The policies around returning a donut are different from the policies about returning a movie rental, and those are completely different from movie tickets, event tickets, or underwear. Often, when you buy a product, you can read the terms about how to get a refund before you spend money. It’s important to know that. In most jurisdictions there is not a one-size-fits-all return policy, and it is not uncommon for many purchases to involve non-refundable parts.

One thing I’ve learned the hard way and have to relearn occasionally: when you find yourself arguing in favor of something, a lot of people disagree, and no matter how many times you restate your point they keep disagreeing, it’s not usually worth continuing. If this were an important subject like whether it was OK to murder you, then you’d just have to keep fighting. But it’s not. We’re talking about whether some amount of money you spent on a video game should be refunded. This is not a discussion for random people on the forum.

If you want a refund, you’re going to have to talk to Google Play, iTunes, or wherever you spent your money. You will find, within their terms, that they do not refund in-app purchases in many circumstances. If you want to fight that, lawyer up and win one for the team, I think it’s a worthy cause. But it’s going to be very expensive and take years of your life to fight. Did you spend that much? Are you willing to accept loss as an outcome?

I think, in the end, the best thing to do is adopt the policy “I don’t play games that make me unhappy.” See, right now, you’re trying to get other people upset about the game. That feels good to you. You have a problem and it feels like solving it. But you’re trying to put frowns on faces that have a smile. Overall, that’s not a good thing.

It’d be better if you go find some new game that suits your tastes. That game would make you happy by itself. Then, you could join some community related to the game and work on making those people smile. Then you’re working to put smiles on frowning faces. This is an immensely frustrating task and we need more people to try it.

But also learn a lesson: many F2P games change dramatically over time. They have to do this to constantly attract new players, who spend the most money. Older players who have already spent money are the least likely to spend more money outside of “addicted gamblers”, which are rare but lucrative. (But it turns out addicted gamblers don’t actually quit no matter how unhappy they are.) So this next game that makes you happy is very likely to change in the same ways GoW has and make you unhappy one day. Spend your money as if this is true. Don’t spend money on things that might not make you happy.

That probably puts a frown on your face. It puts a frown on mine. A few years ago, you would have paid $25 for Gems of War up-front, received the full version of the game, and been able to play it forever. New content might be expansion packs that you had the option of buying and installing. That’s not app culture anymore. I don’t like it either.

11 Likes

I’m a high VIP player, and I love what they’ve done to the place!

2 Likes

You have won +17 TMBG points. Collect points to win fabulous prizes!

* Fabulous prizes are limited to “warm fuzzy feelings of other peoples’ appreciation for TMBG points”. Void where illegal. Illegal where void.
3 Likes

Exactly, because today’s people are happy to get injustice and hide to not be out of the ordinary like a sheep follow the one in the front, so those who try to change things have no power because they are alone.