My theory, let me know what you think

Ugh, you can’t start like that. Your opinion is your own and as such it is obviously going to be biased. Honestly because of that sentence I just stopped reading.

1 Like

Lol at least we made it till the last post before the dumb set in

I’m finished with the post, accomplished what I set out for

Thanks again all, happy gemming

1 Like

I’m VIP 6 and I’ve felt I’ve received my money’s worth for what I’ve spent. Sadly I’ve had a very hard time recommending anyone buy anything for the last year or so because of my personal unhappiness with the game direction and my belief that you don’t financially reward decisions you consider bad.

Be prepared to be accused of having an agenda. When I started making similar statements a year ago, that’s what happened to me.

Yup. Every day when I get the $50 “weekly deal” popup ad I roll my eyes. Even in the days when I was desperate to get a legendary like Queen Mab, Kraken, Psion, etc I would have never paid $50 for it. Simply being in an active guild brings enough keys where all you need is patience and you’ll get it.

“Good deal” is subjective. I would never pay what amounts to a $20 monthly subscription for a mobile game. I paid $50 for the DK armor and got permanent buffs, why would I pay for temporary buffs? Again, this is subjective. I’m merely offering the other side of the coin :slight_smile:

I believe that the devs do listen. I just think they’re held back by/beholden to 505, who pays their salaries. The devs can listen all day long but unless their bosses make the call, there’s likely little they can do, and I’m guessing throwing the publisher under the bus probably isn’t the best action for a dev studio to take if they want to continue to do business with the publisher.

Pretty much, but given how often we’re seeing these “sales” now it seems obvious 505 will never change this.

Ironically this is why I’ve spent most of the last year suggesting people not spend money on this game. The language of business is money and if a business isn’t making money they’re more likely to review their practices.

I believe the devs still very much have passion for the game. The devs aren’t the ones in control of game direction, though. (I will revise my statement immediately if a dev corrects me on this.) That’s the publisher.

Agreed 1000% with this entire response. As critical as I’ve been of the game over the last year, I’ve also tried to be very careful to pin the “blame” where it belongs, and that isn’t on the devs.

1 Like

As in most F2P games, I spend money to support the game I spend a lot of time playing. For the last year I have been buying Ring of Wonders and daily gems.

Gem packs have much more value to new players then older players.

2 Likes