Multiple keys interface please!

I am currently opening keys to get Grosh-Nak troops… I started with 1400+ keys… so far opened 300+ (and now delegated to my 8 year old to continue for me!) - but this is getting pretty tiresome…

…so a UI improvement to open multiple keys at once would really be appreciated!

How about it, devs?

3 Likes

I’ll second this. Similar situation here. My preference would be to open all of them at once.
I don’t even need to know what I got, I can go looking through the Troops screen to find out. If you had to display something just a break down of numbers of common, rare, etc… would suffice.

The prospect of manually going through 100’s of keys is daunting.

Thanks.

2 Likes

Jainus, we’ve a macro to open’em on our Facebook group files. :stuck_out_tongue: Macros are not illegal right? @CrowdedWorlds ? ^^

1 Like

Thanks Serale, at the moment I’m not on Facebook (haven’t been for over 10 years) so not sure I can access the macro… but I have something even better - children! they repeatedly do iterative manual tasks for me, and provide a chirpy running commentary as they go…

2 Likes

Haha! Well, atleast be sure to buy them an icecream or something!

1 Like

Best thing I’ve read all day. We need a video of this! :stuck_out_tongue:

After watching @Tacet suffer live, it’s not something I’d be cracking down on tomorrow in this instance. Plz always remember that my thoughts on that might change at a later date if the situation changes :slight_smile:

Well, if that happens I’ve my own minion/kid :joy: to open’em for me, I dont think the macro has anything bad, is just a click and drag macro. Anyways, be sure to tell me if it becomes ilegal. :stuck_out_tongue:

Just as an FYI, the macro is used with a utility called AC Tool, it will perform mouse movements and clicks for you in a loop. (AC actually stands for Asheron’s Call, an old-school MMO, I played it back in the day, and used this tool too!)

But this utility will only work if you’re playing GoW on a PC. If you’re IOS or Android, you’re out of luck.

In any case, I’d still love to see some alternate functionality to open hundreds of keys without going through them manually one by one.

As an idea, could it be possible to submit a ticket to support and then they could perform some behind the scenes magic to open all those keys for us? @CrowdedWorlds, huh? If you don’t want to be flooded with requests, maybe put some limits like 500+ keys, and only once per month, etc…

Thanks!

As you are on the Mac too… :wink:

I don’t understand why people use mac. :joy:

Cool, thanks for the heads up. There’s a ton of these sort of things floating around, but nice knowing the preferred flavour!

It’s not something we can do unfortunately, otherwise I would have offered that a while ago :slight_smile:

Funnily enough, Mac OS X has an inbuilt macro system as part of the OS :slight_smile:

It does, but no GoW to test it out on. :cry:

No idea what does that means, since the only thing I can recall when someone talk about “Mac” is all the complaining about not having or not being avalible to do something that windows users do. XD

1 Like

Never! :smile:
And please get rid of this silly 20-character rule, @CrowdedWorlds!

I’ve reduced it to 10, no more than that :slight_smile:

***thanks! *** :sweat_smile: