All the talk about hoarding keys has me thinking

I am not A key hoarder by nature… whenever I get my hands on some gems or keys I usually spend them. How has that worked out? Pretty well actually; I am now at he point wher I have few troops left to actually obtain so I think I’ll give this saving thing a shot… ONLY QUESTION I have since I do not hoard is how many keys can one hold? Is there a limit on how much gold keys or glory keys one can hold? I wouldn’t want my saving to go to waste because I saved TOO many keys and on reset half the rewards go to waste. Any one know?

1 Like

if there is a cap, it is well into the tens of thousands at least.

nobody ever reached the cap yet (if such exists) so you are safe to go on

Agreed. I’ve got over 25,000 glory keys, and over 35,000 gems, no cap in sight…

(Obviously, I’ve been hoarding)

3 Likes

The most gems I’ve had was 40k and the most glory keys was 43k. No cap either.

Maybe said resources cap at 100k? Just a guess,

1 Like

I was like you but I think I’m at the point where I need to change.

I never hoarded and I managed to get every troop in the game except for a handful of mythics.

Now that I’m in that boat, though I think it’s time to start hoarding.

Now while this isn’t a challenge (just putting that out there), there will be a number to how many keys you can have. However chances are that it’s probably in the billions.

Anyone who remembers the original Brian the Lucky (before the 1000 skill point cap), remembers that there was a limit to how many skill points a troop could have before it starting breaking.

4 Likes

Well, from programming point of view:

Unsigned byte max: 255
Signed short max: 32767
Unsigned short max: 65535
Signed int max: 2147483647
Unsigned int max: 4294967295

@Nimhain already confirmed the number to be in the billions…so it’s either 2 billions+ or 4 billions+
Good luck getting there!

4 Likes

Well, their servers are programmed in javascript, so all numeric variables are 64 bit double precision floating point. So the highest integer value that can be accurately stored is 2^53, or 9,007,199,254,740,992. That’s a fair amount beyond billions, but they may have given themselves a more reasonable limit to reduce errors that pop up when performing mathematical operations on the values.

4 Likes

Javascript is just used to process the data, they can’t store data inside of it. For that there’s the database, and a database can contain different numeral types depending on how it was configured. In the case of MongoDB, it is probably either 32 or 64 bit integer.

Either way . . . that is a very big number. :wink:

Only the weakest link in the chain matters. Once you’ve lost precision, there’s no getting it back. There are clever programming tricks they could theoretically have used to prevent losing that information in the first place, but they often come with a hefty performance cost, and if they were knowledgeable enough to use them, they probably wouldn’t have chosen to use Javascript, MongoDB, Adobe Air, etc. in the first place. They’ve chosen fragile technology that doesn’t scale well, doesn’t perform well, and has many potential pitfalls. All the errors and server issues they’ve had as a result aren’t surprising.

1 Like

Thanks for the clarity folks… also the humor in numbers :laughing: