Mini-games Ideas

How about a speed game? every 2 or 3 seconds that it’s your turn, your lead troupe takes damage

I would really like to change my treasure maps into slot coins or something like that… The treasure hunt mini game is to similar to the normal game in my opinion… I would prefer a Slot Machine System. For example… The vertical Lines get a rotation… with every click you can stop a line… if you are lucky and you have 4 skulls in a row… you get a price or something like that… All in all i hope for more thrill and attraction… :heart_eyes::smiling_imp: Or the Option to change the maps into limited boosts for kindoms to get more resources… :sunglasses:

From the original Puzzle Quest I did like two of the mini-games there:

• Doing a game where you have to defeat your opponent, but your turns are timed. This was to train your steed, higher levels would limit the time on your turns.
  • Gather a certain amount of each gem, but no reshuffle - if the board gets to this state you lose and have to restart. This was to learn a new spell.

I think you could combine the two into a nice idea to have a mini-game to get traitstones: You select your target level of traitstone (possibly even the exact color) and the higher the less time per turn and/or the more mana required.

3 Likes

MTG: Duels of the Planeswalkers does something similar to the first idea with their “Challenge Mode”. In it, everything is pre-arranged and you have to win the game in one turn. I’ve always thought that was very fun. Hard to imagine the same kind of complexity in Gems, but something like it would be cool.

How about a game that you can bet resources (maps, gems, glory, gold, etc.) and if you win you get a multiplier. Right off the top of my head I think of the Poker mini games that the Dragon Warrior series and others have. You could do something with each kingdom ranking top cards with points based on rarity and having multipliers for creature type or kingdom. Ex.
Same Kingdom x2 for each troop past the first Multiplier increases by +1 for each additional
Same Type x2 for each troop of that type past the first Multiplier increases by +1 for each additional
Player A
Bone Dragon- 25 pts.(2522=100)
Skeleton- 5 pts. (52=10)
Sheggra- 25 pts. (25
2=50)
Total Score= 160
Vs.
AI
War- 30 Pts.(303=90)
Brian the lucky 20 Pts.(20
3=60)
Luther- 20 pts. (20*3=60)
Total Score= 210

Rewards:
Win: bet x2
Win with 3 of the same type: bet x5
Win with 3 of the same kingdom: bet x5
Win with 3 of the same kingdom and type: bet x25

or
Win: bet increase to the next level (minor to random major stone, 10 gold to 20 gold, 1 gem to 2 gems, 10 glory to 20 glory, 1 map to a 2x map (a map that wins double rewards) common troop to random rare troop) and with the same idea above risk a common and if you get a full boat (all the same type and all from the same kingdom) random legendary.

I did 3 as this seems to be the magic number for GoW. I would think having a discard step in there as well would be applicable.