After the Mists of Scales event, I have enough trait stones to get Mercy or Webspinner to their third level trait, but not both, and I’ve been dithering over which to trait up for a week now. Even if I could scrape together a few more Arcane Swamp stones, I only have a couple of Celestial left and they are hard to come by… (unless you are my partner, who has 8 or 9 sitting in her hero’s collection )
- One of the best Yellow Mana accelerators in the game with empowered
- Works well with her fellow Whitehelm troops
- Works well with the Valkyrie/Sunweaver combo that is my bread and butter offence team
- I have no really good yellow bombs to pair her with (e.g. the Great Maw, the Infernal King or even Gorgotha)
- The AI, as with most healers, has a bad habit of sitting on her charged ability for a couple of turns, so I can’t guarantee my defenders will make the best use out of her.
- Lethal Toxin (triple damage to poisoned troops) turns the Webspinner into pretty much a one skull match/kill after he fires off his ability once
- Works well with my other legendary green troops (Venoxia and a fully-traited Spring Imp)
- Also could work well with my Valkyrie/Sunweaver combo
- As a defender, he would need to sit in the front of the group to make use of his trait which make him vulnerable to skull damage himself
- Also, a good player won’t let the computer get many (if any) skull matches, and I have no skull generators outside of the old stand-by of the Skeleton
So, yeah, the two choices seem fairly well balanced. Eventually I hope I can get them both up there, but that will probably take months, so in the immediate term… Anyone have any suggestions or other thoughts?