Make Mythics Available to Purchase

I assume that right now we have few Mythics, but once we start to get some more the devs will have to make a move towards making some mythic’s acquisition more viable/easy.
@HKdirewolf’s post has a good theory on the mythic’s nature and purppose, once things gets sorted out it’s more than likely that we will have better chances at the mythics as well. If we would have “pitty counters” before the economy overhaul or shortly after then it would take longer to address the excess of currency in tha game.

2 Likes

The mythic troops have been artificially made rare to force everyone to use/buy more and more resources. Put them up for glory? Unfortunately that wont get money from you.

The rarity is only a smoke screen anyway; they do not have stats deserving of the effort.

While I agree, you still have a group of people that have “all the goodies” because they had the stash to deplete in the first place.

Those of us not in that group need a way to “catch up” in terms of troops without re-breaking the economy.

1 Like

Like I said to HK, you’re absolutely right.

The problem is that people that didn’t have any resource amounts to be corrected (aka ME) are the same level as some of these guys and have NONE of the mythics. That has to be balanced at some point.

1 Like

I’m actually ok with this idea.

They should be available for purchase after a period of time (1-3 months). People have forgotten that the absolute highest level troops (Legendary) in the game for a long time were offered for purchase with Glory and cash on console

PtW would be if they reduced the drop rate then put them up for sale.

Im not sure it has to be balanced, not unless there is money to be made (that may be possible via longer retention of those players)

The drop rates do need to be adjusted for all though. Top guilds dont get enough keys each month to attempt to get mythics. People in guilds that do not complete the tasks may as well give up. Is that good for keeping players? :thinking:

Well the title of the thread is Make Mythics Available to Purchase

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Unfortunately they are more interested in the long term and not the quick buck.

The cost of one mythic would also need to be sky high or it would kill all the other items that are currently overpriced

The reason they evened out the economy is to improve the long-term prospects of the game. They want a more level playing field. The means that not only the supply and demand system but the PRODUCTS of that system have to be fixed.

If they don’t ever correct the amount of permanent resources certain people got from the temporary imbalance in currency generation, the previous have’s vs. have not’s issue continues to exist.

I sincerely believe they know that fixing the input to the problem is just as important as fixing the output as well.

1 Like

What about those that start the game now and have little chance of significant progress, even in a top guild

3 Likes

Well that’s not entirely true. The guild task update did help out low-mid range players. The truth is now that everything is in balance, eventually everyone will be on an even playing field. That’s when like I said, the economy will be brought up.

Top end-game material hoarders---->Balanced Economy <—New/low/mid players

With the guild task update all those other players have a better chance at obtaining things they formerly couldn’t. Including myself. We’re talking mostly new players, with also players that were in lower guilds. Sirrian said as much and I believe him on this. The only people that suffered from the guild task update, were the top 1% of players.

Before and during 2.0 I rarely ever got gem keys or event keys, now I get lots of both. Those keys are pretty essential for a lot of players gaining legendary/mythics.

You don’t think new players will have trouble?

They will have trouble when they get to a certain level. Well really we all have trouble when we only need 10-20 troops out of the 300 or so troops we have now. (whatever that number is) So yeah they’ll eventually have trouble. The only way we can all increase our chances is to still hoard. Which means unfortunately letting some troops go some weeks. You’ll start getting drops again when you increase the number of troops you need. If that makes sense. I might be hitting the bong too hard.

Afro cat is far out man.

The difficulty being gaining enough troops to get to mythic, obtaining rare troops, having enough souls and arcanes etc. All while the no. of troops is growing at a pace the guild rewards does not compensate for

Yeah that is very true and honestly until they “inflate” the economy again to whatever number they feel is good, that’s going to happen. You can hoard up 10,000 keys and spend them all, if you’re lucky you’ll at least get one troop you want. :laughing:

All I’m saying is to me (mathematically) you have a better chance of getting a troop you want/need if you need 40 troops instead of 20. So as the Mythic troops increase, eventually you’ll get more mythic troop pulls theoretically. It’s all by design. They had to tighten up. This is just the punishment stage essentially. I don’t mean that in the way of how dare them, I just mean it had to happen.

All in all I stand by saying anyone not in the 1% of players, are doing okay. Not great by any means, but okay.

Ps. This sounds good, and it’s more than likely true, but I don’t know for sure. I’m not in the devs pocket, and they’ve never said as much. I’m just shooting lightning out of my butt.

The number of mythic troops won’t improve your chance of obtaining them. Same chance of getting one, reduced chance of getting a specific one. Save resources for months, try get one during the exclusive week then give up on them.

Not improve your chance of getting the one you want, but an improved chance to get a mythic. Remember when legendary drop rates were trash on console and we couldn’t figure out why? Then the devs said oh it went up preparing for the flood of new troops console is getting. If there’s a bigger pond of troops to pull from, you’re more than likely going to get something you need. Not always want.

If I just really extremely want a certain mythic, i’m going to be bummed as hell.
If i’m a completionist and want all the troops, well it semi-works out.

Which means I don’t know what the plan is for people that want a specific mythic troop. I’m guessing once there is enough of them and the economy is good, they’ll put them up in the store, same as the legendary.

Does anyone know if all the different legendary troops have had a rotation up in the store? Or only certain ones have?

Well if they increase the drop rates youll have a better chance. Thats what you are saying?

The drop rate needs to be increased immediately but they will wait until the likes of tacet have no mountain of resources left.

2 Likes

lmao yeah pretty much. Eventually they will have to increase the drop rate because the number of people that have certain troops will be too low. What good is a troop if only 100 players have it? Exclusivity is a nice idea, but if a majority of players can’t have access to something there will be riots.

You know it. We should riot now, battle royal, I want to suplex some ****

1 Like