Make Mythics Available to Purchase

Thats 1 in 100,000.

Closer to 1 in 10,000 in reality. Either way rng isa major turn off. You think im going to $100+ on gems or keys for an rng chamce at anything? Some form of change be great

I second the pity counter.

1 Like

Mythics not being easily obtained is one of the better ways to diversify the metagame, for that reason I would be against being able to purchase any targeted mythic.
The only concern would be to ensure teams containing no mythics are on an equal footing with teams that have, but I have every confidence in the devs they are looking out for this.

3 Likes

That emoji is killing it

I don’t see any problem for mythics to be available to purchase once a month or every 2nd month. If people wants to buy these Mythic packs, it is totally up to them and none of my buisness, anyway.

2 Likes

It is none of our buisness if they decide to make Mythic packs or not. You must feel very important by saying something like that.

The only way i want to buy my mythics is with glory, for say 600 glory. Is that a fair amount of glory for mythic, legend is 500.

Just for the sake of argument:

A Mythic rarity card is supposed to be difficult to obtain. To put it up for 600 glory would make it WAY too easy for everyone to have one.

And obviously, it could no longer be called Mythic…

I thoutgh the discussion was about putting these on sale for real money…
Reads again the first post…
Oh, well, i’m not in favor of glory packs for Mythics, it wouldn’t do no good for the game. But as i previously stated for a real money sale i think this would be ok.

I agree third…it’s official lol

One could argue why not glory :smiley: since the top guilds will be getting new mythics 30-at-a-time for gold. If the price is scaled high enough, it could work.

1 Like

As an admitted collector/completionist who has invested enough to earn my VIP 5, please allow me to say that I have a problem with any game that introduces content which is PURELY luck based.

Because there will be people who simply are unlucky. As somebody who is VIP 5, has clearly supported this game and dev team with money not just praise, I feel VERY justified in my frustration at seeing a low level player who has not invested the time and/or money that I have with content that I may NEVER see.

That to me is a SERIOUS problem. Make the content RIDICULOUS to obtain in game. After 100,000 glory/gem/event/VIP chest openings, you receive a mythic you do not currently own. Once you have a single copy of all mythics, this Pity Counter is no longer active. Duplicates are the sole responsibility of RNGesus.

And I would be fine with that, because I know that I will EVENTUALLY have access to ALL game content which I SHOULD after my financial investment in this game.

I don’t want things for free, I just want to know I WILL have access to all content, under the current system it is entirely possible I may never have all content and that I am comfortable saying is simply NOT FAIR. :frowning:

3 Likes

The top guilds will have a chance for Mythics, and i’m not sure if it will be 30-at-a-time, but well…
Sales for real money could improve something for the company that could be able to invest a little more and put this into a return for the game in general like extra hands to help creating more stuff, extra space in (new)servers or other stuff.
Of course, i’m not holding the number$ of the company, just assuming some best case scenarios. Putting Mythics in glory packs would probably make some people happy, i’m sure, but it would defeat the purppose of a Mythic card being, well, mythic…

The mythics are a luxury, desirable yes, but not essential.

I’m in full agreement with efh313 and would be in favor of combining two ideas previously put forth:

1. at some point, make a mythic drop a certainty, maybe after X number of gems spent
  2. make it available to VIPs to encourage real $ spending

This pleases everyone. Those who don’t want to spend $ still have a chance to get Mythics. Those who spend real money don’t feel like they’re getting ripped off. It lessens the P2W perception since no one can purchase Mythics outright without being subjected to RNG first.

2 Likes

I can definitely see the benefits of these options. For those who do spend money on the game (and not just a little, but enough to reach a certain VIP level), it would make sense for them to have some sort of option to get a hold of something that they cannot through other means. The VIPs are supporting the game, and through that, do actually deserve (perhaps) to be a little less at the mercy of RNG.

1 Like

The only problem with this logic @Ivar is that I am constantly fighting teams composed of a multiple Mythic build. If the cards become a meta… then they are NOT a luxury. If I saw one every 100 PvP matches, I would agree… but I see at least one, usually closer to 3-4, every time I click on PvP. And they are dispersed between easy, medium, and hard opponents. Which they should be given the RNGesus nature of distribution.

When a card is out there enough to be meta… it’s not luxury… imho. :frowning:

Exactly. Like it or not, the excesses of the pre-2.1.5 economy led to Mythics being quite common. So even though steps have been taken to level the financial playing field, there’s still a camp of have’s and a camp of have not’s.

The economy needed fixed, no doubt. But now they’re going to have to heal some of the scars that were left behind, too.

1 Like

@efh313
I understand the feeling, but as far as progress goes in the game i noticed that the Mythics are not so fearsome. I’m not disregarding your input or assuming that you are an inferior player. Just reasoning why my perspective is more neutral/opposite on this case.

@htismaqe
Some work has been done and probably more will be done, the “perfect imbalance” of relasing troops and counters is here for it. Famine still is the most hated Mythic i tend to face, and yet Desdaemona deals with him very nicely. Do you know what is her only problem? The long neck… Damn, it really bothers me… :frowning:

@Ivar Just be clear, I was not insulted by your comment. :wink:

And I am not afraid of those Mythics, I fear EK/Mab teams more because they can slow me down! lol

But, my point is that when the devs have the BEST* content being wantonly controlled by nothing other than RNGesus, then the devs are voluntarily creating a system where people like myself who DO support this game financially, feel justifiably miffed when we see people who haven’t invested at our level with content we cannot attain.

Why punish those who support you? Use a pity counter based SOLELY on VIP chests. Though I would ask for a reduction from 100,000 at that point… :wink:

*BEST in this case is speaking purely in regards to base rarity and availability as a measure of a troops worth, not viability in actual gameplay

I agree with some of the things said here, but you all are missing one good point.

Mythics were created as exclusive to lower everyone’s built up stash they’ve been saving for almost 2 years. Mythics are not real man, they’re an idea. You’re supposed to spend all your keys, gems, and glory.

First the devs fix the guild task issue. That begins to start to fix the broken economy some end-game players enjoyed. Second, you drop something very exclusive and hard to get. Thus everyone spends a huge portion of their build-up. Over time eventually that stash will dwindle now that it can’t be rebuilt by the economy. Once the devs look at the data at it shows that the majority of people have an appropriate amount of currency, then they’ll start to look at slowly letting the economy go back up.

1 Like