Lycanthropy, the why and the moving forward

From design perspective they would probably fare best by making special gems only trigger whenever they get matched, never otherwise. Anything else just cripples their design space, right now you are basically guaranteed to get the special effect at least once when blowing up the board. Can’t wait for the day they decide to include an extra turn special gem under the current behavior, that’s going to be fun for whoever goes first in the match. :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Agree that they shouldn’t be triggered when removed or exploded. Still need to make my mind with standard destroy.

But then there’s case of Uber Doomskulls, which should behave like Doomskulls… so you get their special efect whenever they get exploded/destroyed too…

No good generic rule for it…

One thing that’s missing for sure → they should get converted when converting their respective color, without triggering any effect at all.

3 Likes

Yep; it is becoming a farce; too fast. I started playing bounty today, ended up playing lycanthropy. Played delves the other day ended up playing lycanthropy. Went for a kingdom challenge only to grind again through purple nonsense. Geez I couldn’t even escape the purple daze in the arena. Can’t wait for it to seep into treasure hunt . Well given where it is currently appearing its not beyond the impossible ; with the nonsense travesty a once strategic game is currently taking.

3 Likes

You think it’s bad now? Don’t forget the skyfall lycan gems increase with each week of the campaign. The last couple of weeks are going to be a nightmare. GW in last week too.

1 Like

Are you sure about it? Haven’t noticed it at all…

1 Like

If I wanted to play a game called gems of Lycanthropy; thats what I would play. Lycanthropy creates a grinding; ad nauseum extended game; it is actually an absurd gaming experience. Dare you to have the patience to play out a game where all troops on both sides change. It doesn’t add to the players gaming enjoyment. Its not fun. It robs game fun. It creates a frustrating gaming experience currently. Its very difficult to respect the game with this trend. If you dont respect a game ; it doesn’t leave you with options. Lycanthropy is gaming without without respect for its players.

8 Likes

It turns RNG to 11 and is an absolutely horrible and uncreative feature. What next? Insta kill heroic gems? Silence? Stuns? One horrible RNG garbage feature per color.

5 Likes

So the green Essence of Evil gems maybe aren’t such a good idea?

Gnome event would be nice if i could kill any gnome before it gets turned.

2 Likes

Finally we can move on from this well thought out feature that was totally not a tone deaf turd of an idea. Hex/Lycan is virtually synonymous with death touch. There is zero gain from it. None. Your team gets hosed but maybe RNG drops a much better freshly healed beast for theirs. An increasing chance of it happening as it wears off? Seriously?