Longsword +5

Why?
Why is this stuff up any different to when people had Xathenos in legendary tasks? So when it benefits players instead of trying to tie them into committing to this game for 2 years chasing a white rabbit it’s removed immediately?
You’re a joke…

2 Likes

on the other hand i can guarantee, that ,if they “fix” this rare beneficial error and take him away , my wallet keeps closed for a longer time than it would with zuul !

2 Likes

+1 from me (and the rest of my guild who were awake at reset with enough diamonds)

1 Like

All resources used traiting and levelling Zuul’Goth will be refunded.

Zuul’Goth is a much more intense and hard to earn troop than Xathenos, which is why we reached this decision. I’m sorry for the mistake and we are doing our best to rectify it as quickly as possible.

5 Likes

So let’s pretend I crafted Zuul, so now I think I can use my ascension orbs, since I don’t need to save them for Power Orbs. Will you refund them too?

What about you devs stop making these obvious stupid mistakes. Everyone could see this was coming.

2 Likes

Lol Nope they don’t care… As usual.

I have a little hint for you devs (sorry fellow gamers): NEXT KARAKOTH EVENT KEYS.

So the pipe dream becomes just that again.
I will never be bothered enough to pay to craft zuul & like most - I seriously doubt I’ll still be playing in 2 years when it may become feasible to actually craft him.
He’s a ridiculous carrot at the end of a stupidly large stick & I’m no donkey :wink:

1 Like

I don’t care about Zuul’Goth issue. I am here to camplain about my horrible bad luck! I opened 50 event chest and no Willow! But at least I have 3x Queen Aurora XD Take her from me! I don’t want her! Give me Willow plox. Lol.

3 Likes

I ended up using over 200 event keys for silenius & never got him, eventually had him from an lt - keep trying, 50 is nothing :grin:

Yes, yes, I know it’s small amount but… x3 Queen Aurora! This is what really pisses me off xD

2 Likes

i opened 1 at a time for Willow. 30th key got it. And I have 5 rainbow ponies already, thankfully they stayed away this time.

Thanks Salty for edit. Rainbows to your day too.

2 Likes

Yeah I wish you could trade mythics in!
I’d trade one in for half the resource to craft one…

I used 67 one at a time then gave up for a bit

Wooo…Imagine that. Auction houses for Troops! :v

(not gonna happen I know)

Xathenos was meant to be actually obtainable, as a virtual trophy, to give you something to strive for if you get ahead on mythics. Zuul’Goth is meant to seem to be obtainable, as a virtual trophy few can have mostly at the expense of others, to keep people on a treadmill for rewards that aren’t actually rewarding. Both are used as trophy items, but Xathenos has a fixed cost relatively equal to one mythic, and Zuul’Goth has a variable cost roughly 8-16 times that of a mythic over a period of about 2 years in a guild that completes every raid/invasion, or a few times higher than that if you want him sooner (leaderboard is the only real way to accelerate this, and only 1-6 people get relevant accelerators, and leaderboard is a treadmill with variable cost), or maybe before the game dies for still a heap of gems otherwise.

They don’t wan’t people to have him because they don’t want people to have him. Its a symbol of the unattainable. Something that you have to chase, you can chase with money, and most importantly, you can chase it and fall short and you can fall short because of “competition”. This might, in my opinion, might work fine in another game, but doesn’t really work in this one, where it is long established that everything is attainable. They seem constantly ride the fence on this as a design choice, though, which is why we see so many economy rebalances and such wildly inconsistent difficulty levels and relative costs between acquisition methods of troop. Take, for example, the fact that there is even a mythic exclusive period when a mythic is new at all, which is a total softball for acquisition on veteran players (myself included)… then compare that to how relatively inaccessible they are after that period. Take any legendary during an event versus trying to find it outside of the event. The fact that there is a soulforge at all versus the fact that soulforge has two separate forced wait systems. Hell, take glory packs for any troop versus after they leave the glory pack (a four week wait for what is essentially a “free troop” to be in chests where you then need hundreds of any respective key type to find one copy). I could go on and on here.

With this being said… seriously, again? When Zuul’Goth first went live we had people joking that they were going to hope they’d get him because they didn’t check soulforge or legendary task pools. It was a hot button issue in the past Xathenos, who slipped by on both (though the cheaper soulforge duplicate happened before anybody had enough diamonds to craft him). And Zuul’Goth still slipped through. You guys seriously need some better tools to catch things like this - if not an automated process, then a gigantic whiteboard in your office with all the times drop/forge pools were messed up as a reminder that these things need to be checked. I hope you at least checked and removed him from legendary task pools (and event keys!) when you fixed this one so we don’t have to go through this song and dance again when that inevitably happens.

tl;dr: Players - You aren’t meant to have Zuul’Goth. Put it out of your mind. Devs - please please do better about proofing your drop/forge pools before they go live.

Now back to your regularly scheduled topic.

Willow is a good example of a troop that can cover a few roles done right. Has a synergy and an anti-synergy, but both abilities are close enough to median that you aren’t pidgeonholed into one team - you can go Forest Guardian for skull spammage and attack ramping with beasts, or brown generators for better AoEs and still use him as a front-runner. Decent mana cost for the kit, all the traits work with each other even if he is the only beast on the team, and he doesn’t automatically win the game by filling one time without having to look at the board. Balanced troop with a coherent kit that can be slightly better with a brain. Kudos. More of this please. For examples of synergy boosts done wrong, see the upcoming The Wild Queen or a bunch of other troops, including stuff like Undine. For example of troops that try to do too many things and are good at basically nothing, see something like Kruarg the Dread.

Arcanus looks really, really underpowered. Epic rarity probably actually have more filler troops than any other rarity already, and it doesn’t help that they have absurd trait costs for stuff that is often worse than much easier to obtain troops, but theres less complaints because they also come with more stones in the pack and you can just pretend they don’t exist I guess. This kit seems like a rare or ultra-rare scaled up to Epic rarity for no reason… a trait shared with the last glory pack epic (Tomb Spider). Steal magic rather than gain magic might have helped slightly to give him some utility, as would have either a lower mana cost to help him get out a lot of shots (which he really needs to be a threat of any kind at any level) or some minor board mod. The battle needs to be unreasonably slow paced for him to gain a foothold otherwise.

22 Likes

As always, great summary and a much needed post - to save this thread.

1 Like

Which poses the question why it shouldn’t be obtainable by Event keys during a Karakoth week, it’s the Karakoth mythic after all. That’s going to take a lot of communication up front to avoid confusion, which past records show is totally not going to happen. Finger, meet eye.

What I really don’t understand is why they don’t just move Zuul to Apocalypse and avoid a whole can of worms. It’s at best a seriously handicapped gimmick troop, any Godslayer will one-shot it with a spell or skull hit. I’d rather see a real mythic for Karakoth than a successor for Dokkalfar jokes.

6 Likes

I got a Willow. Yay! I opened 20 more event chests and didn’t skip the process, watching card after card to drop and finally the very last one was Willow! Now I have exactly 5 gems in my hoard, but! I have it. Now i am little disapointed that it doesnt Explode a row (like Artema for example), but destroys. But still it is pretty decent troop I must say. I have Silly team for that right now and it is:
Willow
Unicorn
Forest Guardian
Queen Aurora
I called it Horses and Stag Co. :sunglasses: The only thing Iacking for now is traits for Willow, but this will eventually happen!

2 Likes

A+ on the art again this week. It’s going to take a little longer for my coffee to sink in before I think about abilities, but the art across all Silverglade troops looks very consistent and I appreciate the heck out of that.