Life and Death nerf needed urgently

Gonna feed the troll one last time, on those struggling times even them may be in trouble, i’ve already POSTED SS’s from B1.

From you?

Only “blablabla l2p”, lol (beside we dont even know you score lmao, wont be surprised if you struggle get to 50k even, such a God as you should have a youtube channel and 14 bazzillions followers as minimun but dont appear the case).

4 Likes

Be careful how you talk to Joffrey Baratheon from Gems of Thrones. :joy: :rofl:

1 Like

Death mark has a 10% chance to kill you, an 80% to do nothing, and a 10% chance to just disappear. 65% of the time you damage an orb weaver hero it won’t generate a spider. Maybe you’ll get a favorable starting map where you can stun the hero before he gets his bless off, maybe not.

I played a guild wars match where his freeze wore off on turn 1, he fully charged and cast life and death on turn 1, and both troops died from it the next turn, and Rising shadows killed a 3rd. Obviously luck is a major factor in these battles.

If you are one of those people who takes luck out of the equation, its only a matter of time before the ban hammer comes.

2 Likes

Just remove the blessed. If it didn’t have that then stun would be a viable counterplay and it would still be a very good weapon. It’s the combination of stealthy, blessed and enchanted that is so trolling. Hell just make it cleanse hero and it would be better.

1 Like

Ok for the 10k time. There are classes with both banishment (gets rid of bless/enchant/etc.) And immune to death mark. There is no 10% this or that luck when you are immune to it. It never even happens.

There are 100s of troops in this game. Classes of all sorts that do lots of neat things. Lots of weapons with cool abilities and affixes. There are medals with stat boosts, starting mana, etc.

Now you need to go in all of this splendor and figure it out. It is all there. You can counter any team. Yes you can. Stop blaming everything on luck this and luck that. For every 100 people that say they lost to luck maybe 1 actually did.

If your team is not working you need to change it. If you dont have the right classes leveled than you need to level them. Depending on the color and what troops your using determines what class is being used.

This game is one big grind fest (a very boring one at that). The only thing that separates good players and people that would rather watch TV while they play and grind is guild wars.

In closing to all the devs/players/anyone, please make this game harder. Make everyone used to using their brains so they will stop coming in here to complain about something like life and death.

8 Likes

Love Life and Death. Especially when trying raise the levels on a new class.

Yeah, this is kind of how I feel.

Yesterday I had my first 3-2 GW in a long time. The first opponent had a Gobtruffle + Norbert’s Turnip team. For both losses, the opponent’s turn 2 involved 8+ free turns that left me with a completely ruined team, often with 2 deaths. The 3 wins were against 2 Gobtruffle teams. I won in 5-8 turns.

The difference wasn’t strategy. Both teams on the table favored very lopsided results. I got unlucky the first two times. This kind of reliance on high-variance strategies permeates GW.

1 Like

Only part i agree with that “saying nothing at the end” post (could just write L2P, was gonna be faster lol).

After all AI is so bad that can only win when it put out the middle finger and say “now you lose nm wht you use and or do” (a glaycion selflooping 3 times in a row while he dont even make gem of the color he need was one of the most hilarious examples).

One thing i find funny, none of the (actually way above him seem) Kasparow’s of GoW ever mentioned The gray king thatdo a way better job than any Obsidius at butchering L&D silencing L&D, Manadraining AW, taking away all purps from board while as bonus getting some mana back meanwhile.

but yeah, keep just spamming L2P you lot Gods of that Cellphone Bingo, the only One’s that can do 30-0 on B1 and never got a middle finger from AI.

You lot remind me those in warframe cying if they touch the Kuva bramma, a weapon that 1 shot everything in the game but perfectly fine in the warframe Gods eyes ;3

1 Like

Couldn’t this also be an argument for nerfing Life and Death?

What if the strongest weapon you could use only did about 12 damage? Then you’d have more turns per game, which means there’s more of a chance a player who makes clever moves wins.

Life and Death is a tool for accelerating the game. The fewer turns you play, the less choices you get to make. Strategy is about building a plan.

Overall, my teams tend to either win in 5-8 moves or are designed to do the same thing every game and ignore the opponent’s plan. That’s not strategy. So the weapons I use that enable it (Rope Dart, Life and Death, Skeleton Key, Zuul’goth, Glaycion+Doomed weapon, etc.) are things that remove strategy from the game. You can’t tell me you think a Doomskull spam “strategy” is “harder”, Mr. Trump. Those are the words of a person who enjoys disagreeing more than thinking.

If you want a harder game, you should be calling for bigger nerfs, not business as usual.

1 Like

Ok fine you guys win. L2P please and stop complaining.

I play bracket 1 guild wars on xbox and I average 56k. I get a loss every 3rd wars or so. 25/5 is not based luck, it is lack of skill. Luck is a very small part of this game.

2 Likes

:mage:

1 Like

And I’ll add in the fact that a banishment class will clear the bless to also be able to drain,silence, and freeze the hero if they do happen to get a cast off.

Players in bracket 1 are there for a reason. I am definately not a lucky player.

The guilds that are in Bracket 1 are there because they are many years old. There are guilds that have won every single match in GW for an entire year that are just cracking Bracket 10. Much better guilds are on the way up and the 3+ year old guilds will be pushed down to bracket 20 where they belong, it will just take another 6 months to happen.

To beat Life and Death/Orbweaver without luck you just need a team that can Banish, cleanse off web, have 2 troops immune to death mark, stun the stealth, generate mana quickly, and do lots of damage. Oh and in guild wars, they have all be the same color.

…And you expect me to believe these teams exist but they are a secret only known to bracket 1 people. You are living in a house of cards.

Yes, of course you can counter pretty much any team. But my issue with l&d is not so much that it’s hard, but that it’s boring. There are about 30 mythic weapons and 150? legendary weapons, but you only see the same 3/4, match after match, because those weapons are just much more effective and powerful when compared to the others. Sure, it’s more complex and there are team synergies etc involved, but probably 100 of those could be removed and no one would notice.

So, no, I don’t want l&d nerfed because it’s impossible to beat, I want it nerfed because it’s so powerful compared to the other weapons that it squeezes them out and forces me to play annoying fiddly comps to beat it. (Also I should state that the reward for beating hard teams is insufficient vs dodging them). I would be just as happy to see the power level +utility of the other weapons brought up, it’s just that is a much bigger task so I don’t see ever happening.

I faced Life Death on multiple days and let’s just say those were some of my easiest battles of the week. The cure for death mark is don’t get marked. You can also use 3 cleanse medals that most should have available to them. There are also Tripp’s in game hat can clear a mark with a match or extra turn. If webbed sane thing.

1 Like

So you are saying lots of weapons are useless and never used. Why in the world would you want to add another weapon to that big group of useless ones. I get it that some hate using their brain and want a brainless easy game like checkers but there are several people here that like using their brains once a month and prefer chess to checkers. Let’s not take that away from them when you can easily retreat pvp battles or just ignore Guild Wats if it’s too hard for you. It is optional you know.

1 Like

Hey mister flagger guy.

So the guy above my flagged post is allowed to call us liars and say that we are living in a house of cards, but I can not respond with a simple

“Lol, I have a sturdy house of cards”?

2 Likes

Buff more weapons before you go and nerf the good ones.

3 Likes

You can defeat life and death with flesh ripper or tina900

1 Like

It is true, strong players can find a way to often beat life and death in bracket 1 fully boosted teams , and relatively in lower brackets also