Please can we put an end to all these 'flagging battles?'

You’re right, I wouldn’t see eye to eye there. I (personally) don’t try to self-insert into a person’s blanket statement and change it to be a target about me. Can his statement be said in a cleaner and nicer way? sure. Do I get what he’s trying to say though? yes.

His actual valid suggestions were completely ignored.

and people went straight into attack mode. More for the guy above you, but you also decided to call him Mr. Trump there as if that was necessary.

I’m not defending him as a “friend”

1. I don’t know Earnham.
  2. I’m in a guild that is completely against his.
  3. I also think he put way more time into his comments than he needed to, to his detriment. Would have been off making a 2 liner statement.

Wrapping this back to flags, being so aggressive with flags to every little thing that is disagreed with is more harmful than good. Its a slippery slope that just leads to more problems.

Unfortunately, being a jerk to jerk behavior doesn’t make someone a better person for it. You may complain about someone trying to shut you up, but in the process you’re trying to get them to shut up about their view points on a topic.

You want to start flagging things? flag that.

Don’t Be a Jerk

Trolling or Combative Behaviour – This also covers responding to such attacks in a similar manner.
Upsetting and/or provoking other forum members.

The PG-13 Line

Am I trying to goad someone into an argument? If so, maybe don’t.

Funny enough, off-topic is actually not part of the community guidelines.

https://community.gemsofwar.com/t/community-guidelines/23732

Don’t ask me why.

But if you want to flag Off-Topic, flag this post of yours for not being on-topic about nerfing Life and Death and flag a good portion of those other posts for not being about nerf Life and Death.

Aren’t flags and censorship fun? No? Don’t start problems about every little thing.

Heck, that’s the whole purpose of this original topic:

Please can we put an end to all these ‘flagging battles?’

9 Likes